Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corsica or Sardinia?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
This is a helpful thread.

We are getting married in the south of France and want to do a few days in Corsica, as my better half is French and has never been.

I am interested in Ajaccio for 1-2 nights, and am also interested to get somewhere less developed but without a car.

Suggestions? 5-6 nights in total, arriving from Marseille. No car, but could rent a scooter for day trips.
Old May 7, 2017, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by captain_starwood
This is a helpful thread.

We are getting married in the south of France and want to do a few days in Corsica, as my better half is French and has never been.

I am interested in Ajaccio for 1-2 nights, and am also interested to get somewhere less developed but without a car.

Suggestions? 5-6 nights in total, arriving from Marseille. No car, but could rent a scooter for day trips.
If you want a "big" city, than Bastia is certainly much nicer than Ajaccio. But if you want something smaller, try Cargese or any small village on the Cap Corse.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, United Gold, Virgin Silver
Cargese looks lovely. Any way to get there if we don't have a car? Boat? Bus?

Our issue is that we won't have a car. We want to rent a scooter for day trips, but we're not car drivers.

Need to figure out if Corsica makes sense without a car, since the cities aren't the main draw. The consensus view is that Ajaccio isn't worth more than one night.
Old May 9, 2017, 2:02 am

Bus! We're talking about Europe, where public transport is the rule. And yes, getting a rental scooter would be a very good idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.