Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Club - Discussion / Information about new Priority Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Rewards Club - Discussion / Information about new Priority Club

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2013, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by CokeandTaco
I just noticed the new IHG Rewards Club site is up.^ New look and some new information....

Example:
Fast track to Elite status information:
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...rds/fast-track

I guess it is time to read the terms and conditions, to look for any changes....
It's so orangy!
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:01 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, IHG Status-of-the-Day, Avis First. **Freedom fighter: One grope at a time.**
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
It's so orangy!
LOL. That was my first thought, too.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by CavePearl
LOL. That was my first thought, too.
Oh gosh, does this mean my PC Visa will be a bright orange card now? I hope not! I miss midnight blue, so soothing to the eyes!
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, IHG Status-of-the-Day, Avis First. **Freedom fighter: One grope at a time.**
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Oh gosh, does this mean my PC Visa will be a bright orange card now? I hope not! I miss midnight blue, so soothing to the eyes!
Now don't be prejudiced. Orange has feelings, too.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by CavePearl
Now don't be prejudiced. Orange has feelings, too.
Sadly no. The new look of the card can be found here. I was really hoping for a bright orange card similar to the back of the ING Debit card. I love orange and wanted this card really stand out in my wallet and catch the attention of every person I gave it to when making a purchase. Oh well, I guess I will have to go with the blah look of this card.

Apparently existing cardmembers will receive replacement cards in 2014 according to the website and the card will continue to offer the same benefits. It still shows a VISA card though, and I thought IHG signed an agreement with Mastercard at the beginning of 2013 to use their network exclusively in the United States in the near future? As such, I would have expected the rebranded card to be a Mastercard. I guess we will have to wait and see if this is just a Photoshop of the existing card or if this will be what the replacement card will really look like.

Last edited by Joe1690; Jun 27, 2013 at 10:25 pm
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Joe1690
Sadly no. The new look of the card can be found here. I was really hoping for a bright orange card similar to the back of the ING Debit card. I love orange and wanted this card really stand out in my wallet and catch the attention of every person I gave it to when making a purchase. Oh well, I guess I will have to go with the blah look of this card.

Apparently existing cardmembers will receive replacement cards in 2014 according to the website and the card will continue to offer the same benefits. It still shows a VISA card though, and I thought IHG had signed an agreement with Mastercard to use their network exclusively? I guess we will have to wait and see if this is just a Photoshop of the existing card or if this will be what the replacement card will really look like.
I've always had a Visa Card with PC. Had it for years.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:54 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Scrolling through the new T&Cs, there are apparently no other changes but those already announced: Free internet, qualifying reward nights, and rollover nights.

No changes to upgrades (upon availability, excluded on award stays) or other benefits.

Disappointing.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:11 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Scrolling through the new T&Cs, there are apparently no other changes but those already announced: Free internet, qualifying reward nights, and rollover nights.

No changes to upgrades (upon availability, excluded on award stays) or other benefits.

Disappointing.
Should be glad they did not "enhance" the program, like everyone else.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle

Apparently existing cardmembers will receive replacement cards in 2014 according to the website and the card will continue to offer the same benefits. It still shows a VISA card though, and I thought IHG signed an agreement with Mastercard at the beginning of 2013 to use their network exclusively in the United States in the near future? As such, I would have expected the rebranded card to be a Mastercard. I guess we will have to wait and see if this is just a Photoshop of the existing card or if this will be what the replacement card will really look like.
I wonder if I can just call and get them to send me a new IHG rewards club credit card? I have had the PC Card for 2.5 yrs
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by alrvd83
I wonder if I can just call and get them to send me a new IHG rewards club credit card? I have had the PC Card for 2.5 yrs
Chase.com --> Card Replacement --> Click Submit

Have a nice day. =)
Old Jun 28, 2013, 4:42 am

Programs: SQ S, IHG Diamond/Amb, Accor S
Reward nights prior to 1st July not qualifying :(

Just checked my balance statement on the new website. Reward stays prior to the introduction of new IHG Rewards Club are not qualifying for status

This is in line with the announcement on same website...
Old Jun 28, 2013, 5:07 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
40 nights and 4 brands to as a 'fast track' to keep Platinum card - I am not particularly impressed.....
Old Jun 28, 2013, 6:32 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
Rollover only applies to nights, not points. Im already qualified for 2014 on points, so presumably any more nights, or points from those nights will not count.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by iggyray
Should be glad they did not "enhance" the program, like everyone else.
I don't see anything in the program to "enhance"...
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sadly no. The new look of the card can be found here. I was really hoping for a bright orange card similar to the back of the ING Debit card. I love orange and wanted this card really stand out in my wallet and catch the attention of every person I gave it to when making a purchase.
ING loves orange and so (in a different tint) does Discover and so I'm sure Chase didn't want to go down that path for fear of being confused with those competitors.

And the IHG logo is exactly where the chip would need to go for an EMV (Chip & Signature in the case of Chase Visa) card. This implied there's nowhere close to making this card EMV!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.