Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Hong Kong Archive Thread (prior to February 01, 2010)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2004, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
IC Hong Kong

Just planning a trip to Hong Kong in mid Nov, I have a done a lot of looking around at major chains and I have ambassador status so would like to make the most of a free night cert, I really really want the best view in hong kong of the harbour and from what I read this is the case.

BUT

Does any one know of any specials running at the minute anywhere else with "good views" IC has a promo on at the minute with club lounge access and a superior harbour view room for 2590HKD and from what I can see its a good rate so fingers crossed for a deluxe harbour view for been ambassador

Good deal ???????

Dino
Old Aug 24, 2004, 6:14 am

That's a pretty good deal. Club access at the IC is worth a lot (I believe they charge HKD500/day if you want access on a non-club rate), and the club is very, very good (superb breakfast buffet, excellent cocktail/appetizer hour, WiFi laptops, very attentive staff).

And the IC does have the best view of the harbour.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Looks like they are discounting club access by 200HKD as the standard daily rate is 2290HKD for a superior harbour view room, I just gave them a call and they confirmed I would be upgraded to deluxe harbour view with the ambassador status so looking pretty good

2590HKD with club access and deluxe harbour view room

Dino
Old Aug 24, 2004, 4:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
I was just there two weeks ago in a deluxe harbor view room and it was spectacular. Literally I spent hours enjoying the view from the room.

We used the club a lot and my suggestion would be to really max out what they have to offer (i.e. breakfast, appetizers, free drinks, free internet, etc.).

Oh, and Spring Deer down the street has good Chinese food.

Have a great time!
Old Aug 24, 2004, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
I was just there two weeks ago in a deluxe harbor view room and it was spectacular. Literally I spent hours enjoying the view from the room.

We used the club a lot and my suggestion would be to really max out what they have to offer (i.e. breakfast, appetizers, free drinks, free internet, etc.).

Oh, and Spring Deer down the street has good Chinese food.

Have a great time!
What sort of food and drinks do they have in the club in HKG ? I know in Paris its FREE Moet I am there on Friday till Monday cant wait!!!
and how fast is the internet access in the lounge is it wireless?

Dino
Old Aug 24, 2004, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by Dino2020
What sort of food and drinks do they have in the club in HKG ? I know in Paris its FREE Moet I am there on Friday till Monday cant wait!!!
and how fast is the internet access in the lounge is it wireless?
The food and drink is fairly well done. I would say it's on-par or slightly below restaurant quality.

For breakfast you'll see Eastern and Western items. I didn't do much of the Eastern but noticed the staples like miso soup, sushi, etc. The western offers scrambled eggs (or omlettes and eggs made to order), bacon, sausage, french toast, pancakes, fruit, eggs benedict some days, etc.

The evening appetizers ranged from "buffalo chicken" which were high-quality chicken wings except made with white breast meat to sushi. All were very good.

The alcohol during the evening hours was free. Champagne but I'm not sure what kind, any cocktails you want, etc.

During the off-peak hours you can get regular beverages but have to pay for the alcohol. But if you want some bottled water for the road, for example, they have no problem with you taking some.

Other ammenities include cd players with a cd library, a couple tvs with wireless headphones, a boardroom if you want to have a family meeting on where to go that day , wireless internet (they provide laptops (thinkpads), I never tried using mine since theirs was sufficient and fast enough ).

And the view is spectacular.

If you're there at 8pm there is a little light show amongst the buildings. Not great, but mildly entertaining enough to stick around if it's 7:45.

Have a great time and definitely go to the pool!
Old Aug 25, 2004, 3:17 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Thanks for the summary, magiciansampras!! I will be there this Sunday 29 August and am looking forward to it!!
Old Aug 25, 2004, 6:05 am

To amplify about breakfast: The Asian offerings include fried rice or noodles, 2 or 3 types of dim sum, a smoked fish plate, and various condiments. The variety changes daily. The highlight of the fruit (mentioned by magiciansampras) was the daily mountain of fresh raspberries, though there were plenty of other choices as well.

I'd also recommend highly the IC spa, to help get the full experience of the place. The treatment rooms are havens of relaxation and include a hot tub/jacuzzi and a sauna. After a day of running around Hong Kong, I know of no greater luxury than a massage at the spa followed by a private half-hour or so in the hot tub and/or sauna, followed by a drink and appetizers in the lounge, dinner at Yu, and spending a few hours watching the skyline.

(Pssst: anyone going to be there end of November?)
Old Aug 25, 2004, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info magiciansampras and wideman this is more info than I could of hoped, for just great

will be booking it today, just confirmed that I can use a weekend voucher for a night there even though it says it cant be used with any other promo and they confirmed a deluxe harbour view room too, so looking real good.

And Wideman I will be there hopefully on the 9th till the 15th Nov just confirming dates ATM

Dino
Old Aug 26, 2004, 2:14 pm

don't forget the IC Grand Stanford

Was in HK last month, the IC was full (and I'm PC Gold). So took the IC G.S. upon check-in was upgraded to 'side harbour view'. Granted the room was smaller than expected but the picture window looking out on the harbour was well worth it IMHO. I must confess the G.S. is a little further from mass transit centers than the IC but none the less still an excellent value for a webfare reservation.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:53 am
Original Poster

the website has the GS as been miles away how good is the view of the Harbour? was tempted to go there as its a lot cheaper , if you have stayed at the other IC before how does it compare?

Dino
Old Aug 27, 2004, 1:02 pm

The GS, from doing my research before the HK trip, is definitely treated as the red-headed step-child.

I only visited the lobby so can't comment on the views. My immediate impression was that the IC HK was more luxurious and mouth-dropping. You walk into that lobby and you can't help but be impressed.

Best hotel lobby/room views I've ever seen.
Old Aug 29, 2004, 2:15 am

Programs: QF Silver,PP,PCR Gold,GP, Starwood, BA Exec,
Question

How was stay at the IC in Hong Kong?
Old Sep 1, 2004, 9:34 am

Programs: AA ExecutivePlat; Delta Platinum; Aeroplan Prestige; SPG Platinum
Dino2020 I will be staying at the IC Hong Kong on November 10th - 18th, if all goes to plan. I booked a Deluxe Harbour View room, also looking for an upgrade to anything higher as I am an Ambassador member.

Thanks for all of the great information, everyone. Truly looking forward to my little trip to the Orient now.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 10:35 am

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Dino2020
the website has the GS as been miles away how good is the view of the Harbour? was tempted to go there as its a lot cheaper , if you have stayed at the other IC before how does it compare?
I've stayed at both, in harbor view rooms. The IC is clearly a better hotel, with that spectacular lobby view, one of the great pools of the world, etc., etc. But the GS is also right on the water, and the harbor view rooms also have spectacular views. The location is right across from one of the star ferries (as opposed to a three minute walk vis. the IC).

The room at the GS was very nice, maybe slightly smaller than at the IC, but very tastefully done in dark woods, etc.

The breakfast buffet at the IC was out of this world, with fantastic western and Asian choices, dim sum, fresh fruit, bakery goods, and on and on.

Given a choice, pick the IC. However, if it were my nickel (perish the thought), I'd certainly stay at the GS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.