Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It seems this promo has been extended til October 31st. ^

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...AMB-_-INTERNET
Old Sep 8, 2009, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by stimpy

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...AMB-_-INTERNET
Wish they would make this a permanent Amb feature. BTW, I got free Internet at the Clement without booking the special Amb Internet rate (IKICN?).

I also got Montelucia to waive their resort fee by sending them a link to this page. Guess they missed the part about the rate code.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by globaltrotter
- Please delete if this is a double post -

Complimentary Internet access offer
As an Ambassador we understand how important it is to keep in touch whilst travelling on business. We also understand how important the Internet is in making your working day as efficient as possible.

As an exclusive offer to Ambassador members, complimentary Internet access is available throughout your stay at select InterContinental Hotels & Resorts. This will help you to conduct business and simplify your stay.

Simply present your card on check-in and the cost of the Internet connection will be deducted from your bill on check-out.

Terms & Conditions
Must be an InterContinental® Ambassador member to qualify. Only available at participating hotels. Ambassador membership card must be presented on check-in to qualify for this offer. Internet costs and tax will be deducted from the members bill on check-out. Only applies to Internet access in-room and in the Wi-Fi areas of the hotel.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/interco...internet-offer

Thank you for the information. Will use this offer next week in Warsaw
Old Sep 8, 2009, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
They extended it in July but then added the IKICN rate code requirement. Some hotels seem to honor it irrespective of rate code, so it can't hurt to try (and others have long had free Internet for Amb/RA).
Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:12 am

Please mind that this offer (limited to "Ambassador members") goes with "Best Available Rate" and has to be booked as "Ambassador Internet Rate" (rate category IKICN). Here are net-quotes for a one-night-stay from 10/23/09 at IC San Francisco (1 King Bed Standard):

Ambassador Internet Rate: USD 409
Best Available Rate: USD 409
AAA (5% discount): USD 388.50
Advance Purchase Rate (10% discount): USD 368.10
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
Please mind that this offer (limited to "Ambassador members") goes with "Best Available Rate" and has to be booked as "Ambassador Internet Rate" (rate category IKICN). Here are net-quotes for a one-night-stay from 10/23/09 at IC San Francisco (1 King Bed Standard):

Ambassador Internet Rate: USD 409
Best Available Rate: USD 409
AAA (5% discount): USD 388.50
Advance Purchase Rate (10% discount): USD 368.10
So it makes "free" internet access at USD 40.9 a day (compared to advance purchase rate)
Old Sep 23, 2009, 5:41 am

Programs: ICH: Platinum Ambassador, VA: Silver
FYI-

Last week I stayed at the IC Chicago, which is of course not one of the properties offering free internet. However, before I got there, I called to see what deal I could get. They offered me the first day's internet at no cost (I was staying two days). However, the night before I was set to check out, my bill was slipped under my door with no discounts. I called the front desk and they comped me both days of internet. I should add too this was booked under the free nights offer, so I was surprised to get anything since for this promo I don't believe they're entitled to give you all the usual Ambassador benefits.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 7:18 am
EdV

Programs: SPG Plat, PC Plat, AA ExPlat, LT Gold
IC Baltimore

FYI - just completed a stay at the IC Baltimore Inner Harbor and had free internet the whole time. Was told to charge to room and would be removed at checkout - which it was - for RAs. ^
Old Sep 23, 2009, 8:23 am

Programs: Ambassador PC, Silver HH, Platinum SPG, SQ Gold, EK Gold, MH Silver, NationalCar Executive Elite
Stayed at the IC Manila 4-5 times this past two months, and each time was given free internet access without having to quote ay special rate code. Even on the Asia On Sale 5 promo I got the internet FOC.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
This promotion is just lame, compared to systemwide benefits for Hilton, Starwood, and Hyatt top tiers. The IHG scheme is a failure because

- Only some properties participate
- A high rate code is required (always more than corp. or govt. rates)
- No benefit for Plats at CP, HI etc.

Since Internet access is such a key feature, I would not stay at an IHG property unless

- The rate is much lower than the competition
- That property offers free internet, as determined by a call to them (but the downside at HI or CP may be slower connection speeds if it's offered free to all guests)

If I am forced to stay at IHG, I would use 3G or 4G connections to access the Internet in the U.S. Likelihood of staying at an overseas IHG is quite low.

Last edited by Explore; Dec 13, 2010 at 1:56 pm
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Complimentary Internet access for Ambassadors becomes official???

I've just received an email from PC, it says:

Complimentary Internet access for Ambassadors

We understand that when you travel on business, you want to have everything you need at your fingertips to make your stay as simple as possible. From now on, exclusively to members of InterContinental Ambassador, participating InterContinental Hotels & Resorts properties would like to offer complimentary Internet. This offer is not restricted by date or length of stay.

Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
I don't think that is news. It still says "participating properties".
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:29 pm

Programs: IC: Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by GordonGordon
I've just received an email from PC, it says:

Complimentary Internet access for Ambassadors

We understand that when you travel on business, you want to have everything you need at your fingertips to make your stay as simple as possible. From now on, exclusively to members of InterContinental Ambassador, participating InterContinental Hotels & Resorts properties would like to offer complimentary Internet. This offer is not restricted by date or length of stay.

Nopes. You have to book via a specific code with the price equal to the Best Flexible Rate.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:44 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Completely uncompetitive vs. Hyatt, Starwood, Hilton.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 8:00 am

I gotta wonder if this whole deal is bogus.

If this were a true Ambassador benefit, it should apply to non-qualifying stays. If I book into an IC using award nights or using a PL reservation, I get the room upgrade, fruit, free movie etc. but no internet. The only way I get internet access is when I pay the special IC rate using real cash. Sometimes a guest can do better using "best available" and then paying cash for the internet.

At the very least, it should be assumed that guests staying on award nights have proven their loyalty and that they should be deserving of free internet.

Having said all that, internet access has become much less of an issue since McD began offering at all locations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.