Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion Discussion Thread 2011

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:30 am

Programs: UA-1K/Life UC, AA-EXP, AF-Plat
Instant Gold for new members. Offered to certain ANA customers in December 2009. Not sure if this still works. Credit to ANA miles is the requirement stated (but...?)

https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d...=b&secure=true
Offer Code: ANAGD

Original website (in Japanese)
priorityclub.com/goldelite

Looks like same thing for platinum!
Offer Code: ANAPT

priorityclub.com/platinumelite

Last edited by SingTel001; Apr 1, 2011 at 6:48 am
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PL, SPG G, MR G, HH G, CC G, AMEX PL
Originally Posted by SingTel001
Instant Gold for new members. Offered to certain ANA customers in December 2009. Not sure if this still works. Credit to ANA miles is the requirement stated (but...?)

Looks like every day Platinum is worth less and less...
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:31 am
jk2

combine several promos

I have on-going stay in Portland, OR for 4 nights in June and try to decide which hotel to choose (Hilton or Crown Plaza) based on their promotions. I registered for several PC promotions - 5,000 PC points (Q2 promotion); 3000 PC points (elite back bonus), 1000 PC points (Anniversary bonus), 1500 PC points (welcome back). So, If I choose CP for this stay, which bonus I will receive? I don't stay in hotels frequently, so I would like to get maximum I can. I am a Platinum with Priority club.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by jk2
I have on-going stay in Portland, OR for 4 nights in June and try to decide which hotel to choose (Hilton or Crown Plaza) based on their promotions. I registered for several PC promotions - 5,000 PC points (Q2 promotion); 3000 PC points (elite back bonus), 1000 PC points (Anniversary bonus), 1500 PC points (welcome back). So, If I choose CP for this stay, which bonus I will receive? I don't stay in hotels frequently, so I would like to get maximum I can. I am a Platinum with Priority club.
As mentioned earlier in this thread, you should register for all promos possible .. What you get is luck of the draw unless you have been specifically targetted for those..
My experience is quite positive with these promos and whatever u get other than targeted promos is a bonus and till you treat it that way, you will be happy
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by jk2
You should get all or most of them. I've stayed at both properties, CP as a Platinum would be a better deal than the Hilton (without HHonors status); moreover, Hilton's promo for that period of 1000 bonus points per night isn't as generous. My last stay at the CP Portland, I was checked in by the manager, who made it clear she goes through her reservations before 3:00 to specifically upgrade Platinums as much as possible; you also get a modest food voucher.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Code 6778-select upgrade??

I recently registered the code 6778 and in return got a “not a valid code contact PC for assistance” message. When I checked my activity I have under Activity Description: “select upgrade” 0 points. Does anyone have any idea what this code is? The select upgrade was added to my file on the same date I registered the code 6778.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 3:56 am
jk2

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
You should get all or most of them. I've stayed at both properties, CP as a Platinum would be a better deal than the Hilton (without HHonors status); moreover, Hilton's promo for that period of 1000 bonus points per night isn't as generous. My last stay at the CP Portland, I was checked in by the manager, who made it clear she goes through her reservations before 3:00 to specifically upgrade Platinums as much as possible; you also get a modest food voucher.
What kind of benefits a Platinum member will get in CP? I heard that in Priority Club Platinum does not mean too much. I am a silver with Hilton (that means nothing), but also considering to get Surpass AMEX in order to be a Gold. The Hilton Portland is our host hotel, but if CP offers more I would seriously consider it (even if it is located almost 2 miles away).
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:39 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by SingTel001

Well I signed up a friend using the Plat link to test it out, no reflection in initial sign up - still club level. Will let it rest for a few days and see if it gets updated.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by jk2
What kind of benefits a Platinum member will get in CP? I heard that in Priority Club Platinum does not mean too much. I am a silver with Hilton (that means nothing), but also considering to get Surpass AMEX in order to be a Gold. The Hilton Portland is our host hotel, but if CP offers more I would seriously consider it (even if it is located almost 2 miles away).
Being familiar with both properties, I'll be honest with you that getting between the two is not all that convenient. The few CP's I've stayed at have given me upgrades, and some sort of food voucher, as a Platinum - sort of like HHonors Diamond, though perhaps not as generous with the food credit.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
Free Ambassador stay 3 nights

Code:3598
Registered for that one for staying 3 nights till end of july for free ambassador.
Do I get it, because I am already ambassador but it will be expiring at end of august???
I have already booked 6 nights during the promotion period and need to book more.
Can I expect to get the free Ambassador if mine expires?
I am Platin Ambassador now...

I am planning to register the next nights to the Priorityclub account of my BF...he is normal priority club member without status...if we are checking in together and the stay is booked under his PC number will we also get my ambassador benefits when checking in together and presenting my card aswell?
Will he recieve the free ambassador for sure after 3 nights at ICs?
Any help please...
Old Apr 2, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: FB Plat4Life, A3 *G, IHG Plat Amb, HH Gold, BW Gold, RR Gold.
I'm sure Flamewing will be happy to answer the first part of your question. JK.
But no, i've heared it only applies to new members, and since you are Plat. Amb...

Can't help you on the second part since I've never tried that before.
I hope it works. Goodluck.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 2:52 am

Programs: IC Spire Ambassador, A3*G, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by SmooveG
I'm sure Flamewing will be happy to answer the first part of your question. JK.
But no, i've heared it only applies to new members, and since you are Plat. Amb...
^
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by MrMurphy
I recently registered the code 6778 and in return got a “not a valid code contact PC for assistance” message. When I checked my activity I have under Activity Description: “select upgrade” 0 points. Does anyone have any idea what this code is? The select upgrade was added to my file on the same date I registered the code 6778.

Answer posted in the Discussion Thread to the question about "Select Upgrade." Please put further questions about codes there.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by MrMurphy
This question was posted in the "Promotion Code Only" thread but I am answering it here. "Select Upgrade 0 Points" normally appears when your status changes either to Gold or Platinum, and it seems to appear along with the next activity of any kind after you have hit the requisite number of points/stays to reach the higher status.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: UA-1K/Life UC, AA-EXP, AF-Plat
Originally Posted by MagicWok
Well I signed up a friend using the Plat link to test it out, no reflection in initial sign up - still club level.
Thanks for the report. A blogger wrote that it worked immediately (for gold) during promotion period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.