Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New promotion - Partner up for 10,000 bonus points, Did anybody else received it

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2009, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I couldn't link Hotspex to my points.com account -- kept repeating "Hotspex claims your account doesn't exist!" like a parrot, over and over again no matter how many times I changed my password, etc. I'm not too broken up over using 9 AS miles for part of the 10K PC points.
They pulled the plug a couple days early--see the thread in S.P.A.M.

Originally Posted by frank664
How can you make a purchase at Restraunt.com when you are not form the US. After you pick your cert and try to pay it wants you to input your address and doesn't have an option for any other address than a US address.

Also how do you sign up with E-rewards and get point to transfer into PC?

Thanks
I used Paypal.

OK we are done, here is what we did.

ME
1. Points.com-posted
2. E-Rewards-posted
3. Purchased 1000 points-posted
4. Shopping Mall-pending

HUSBAND
1. Points.com-posted
2. Purchased 1000 points-posted
3. Office Max-pending (got friend to use his USA Visa card)-pending
4. Shopping Mall-restaurant.com (used my Paypal)-pending

Now we have to do a mattress run to trigger my referral bonus to refer my husband and all the "welcome" bonuses!
Old Aug 26, 2009, 6:01 pm

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by LRD
Can't one sign-up via this page?
I tried it 3 times, but it looks like it's not working anymore.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
My $2 restaurants.com is now tracking (look under 'customer service' on the shopping portal) so there is no problem using the discount code and still getting PC credit:

Posting Status / Dollar Amount / Priority Club Points / Order Date
Pending Award / $2.00 / 20 / 10/09/2009
Old Aug 27, 2009, 5:54 am

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by Raffles
My $2 restaurants.com is now tracking (look under 'customer service' on the shopping portal) so there is no problem using the discount code and still getting PC credit:

I guess you must have bought a $25 certificate that's $10, minus the discount equals $2. Is there a reason for not buying a $10 cert that ends up costing $0.80, other than the 20 extra PC points? Or is there a minimun eligible purchase of, say, $1?

Since I'm not going to use it, I wonder if it's worth paying extra $1.20 for 20 points.

Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
When I bought the cert, the cheapest that came up was $25. I think you have to use a different bit of the site to get the $10 one. No other reason.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Raffles

Thanks Raffles .... great find!

Dollar Amount / Priority Club Points / Order Date /Pending Award
$0.80 ...................10 ....................10/09/2009

Also the $0.80 works!
Old Aug 27, 2009, 8:03 am

Thanks for that link, I didn't know we could do that! I checked my Dr Foster's on my account and it is tracking just fine. So I will complete my 4 transactions.

The restaurant.com on my husband's account isn't tracking and I ordered it two days ago. I think this is because the billing address was in my name (my Paypal account) and it doesn't match the PC account number. So I ordered another one for $10 and used the coupon code to bring it down to $2. I made sure my husband's name and account number were on the portal click through and I took screen shots of everything. It still isn't showing up in the tracker. How long does it take to show up as a pending transaction?

I also used his account for the Office Max through the dedicated Office Max click through and it appeared at the top of the screen in light yellow. I used a friend's credit card to pay for it so the billing isn't in his name and the order is shipping to my friend in FL. How do I make sure we get that transaction?

In the past, I have bought flowers on FTD and they just want the number, they don't care about the names matching and I have credited flowers to PC, US and AA as required for top ups. I am hoping Office Max is similar? I was struggling to get 4 partners on my husband's account as he doesn't own any credit cards and his e-rewards and e-miles are going to US.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Tiki
.... It still isn't showing up in the tracker. How long does it take to show up as a pending transaction?...
The 08/25/2009 is showing up ... the 08/26/2009 NOT (yet?).
Old Aug 27, 2009, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Tiki
Thanks for that link, I didn't know we could do that! I checked my Dr Foster's on my account and it is tracking just fine. So I will complete my 4 transactions.

The restaurant.com on my husband's account isn't tracking and I ordered it two days ago. I think this is because the billing address was in my name (my Paypal account) and it doesn't match the PC account number. So I ordered another one for $10 and used the coupon code to bring it down to $2. I made sure my husband's name and account number were on the portal click through and I took screen shots of everything. It still isn't showing up in the tracker. How long does it take to show up as a pending transaction?
AAdvantageEshopping has a similar interface and purchases sometimes don't appear as "pending" for a few weeks depending on the merchant. For PC Shopping, I made a purchase a week ago and the points are not in a "pending" state yet. I doubt your billing address is an issue. Doesn't the portal only care about the click?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 8:28 am

I'm not sure, I haven't used these portals before other than FTD. LOL, well at least I am not out too much money, $6 for $35 worth of food and if we don't eat it, my friend will.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 9:02 am

Programs: DL Gold, WN A-List, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Avis 1st
How do you sign up for this promotion. I don't see it on my PC offer page. Is this targeted? Please provide a link if available.

Any help would be appreciated. I could use 10,000 points.

Also, is My Coke Rewards eligable?

Thanks
Old Aug 27, 2009, 9:03 am

My purchase from restaurant.com is not tracking from 08/24 yet. I hope I don't have to order again.

Just sent customer support an email.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by PCMflyer
How do you sign up for this promotion. I don't see it on my PC offer page. Is this targeted? Please provide a link if available.

Any help would be appreciated. I could use 10,000 points.

Also, is My Coke Rewards eligable?

Thanks
http://www.priorityclub.com/register

Offer Code: 3558.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by PCMflyer
Also, is My Coke Rewards eligible?
It should be as a partner, but doesn't appear on the promo's "partner list", so I wouldn't count on it.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=Raffles;12290055]My $2 restaurants.com is now tracking (look under 'customer service' on the shopping portal) so there is no problem using the discount code and still getting PC credit:

Pending Award / $2.00 / 20 / 10/09/2009[/QUOTE

Where to find this bit of info?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.