Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC COEX or Grand Seoul

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by no-backpacker
Do you know if they still offer club-lounge access for payed stays? I feel sorry as I really liked this hotel. COEX is also inconvenient for me as it is a longer walk to the tube. Well, well, it looks like it will be COEX next time then... better take proper walking-shoes with me....:-D

Xxx.
Apparently club + junior suite on paid stays. That's what it says on the welcome letter. I also very much liked this hotel and was very looking forward to return - until I checked out and left with a bad taste today...

I presume from the COEX you can hop on a bus to a different metro station.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Single Rate vs Double Rate

I'm thinking to book 3 rooms (2 under paid stays; 1 under reward nights). It seems that there are extra adult charges for the 2nd person. I remember that as an Ambassador, I entitled to have single-rate for double-occupancy. So the questions are; if I booked those three rooms for 2 persons on each room, will I get deduction from the extra adult charge (if I use the Advance Purchase rate)? or should I just book for 1 adult for each room ?

à When an Ambassador member makes a booking with log-in the membership number at the IHG website, the room rate will be applied to Single occupancy rate automatically even the member put the number of guest “two”. After making your three bookings, please advise us your booking numbers. We will finalize your bookings.

As you know, only one room for double occupancy with single occupancy rate and room upgrade.

1st room for yourself (Ambassador member) à Reward Night without breakfast, Room upgrade, Breakfast is KW 45,000 per person.

2nd room à “Advance Purchase with breakfast”, no upgrade and double occupancy rate

3rd room à “Advance Purchase with breakfast”, no upgrade and double occupancy/triple rate
I understand that the Ambassador benefit will apply only for the member said room and not for reward night. It seems that the hotel wants to upsell me since they put the 1st room (as reward night) would be upgraded since reward night already counts for 2 persons; therefore the single rate benefit would be forfeited than I will have loss on the extra 2nd adult charges in one of the paid room.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am planning a trip to Seoul next year. I plan to stay at the Grand since it looks like it's on the same corner as the train station (I've never been to Seoul but I've looked around on google maps) I'll probably stay about 2 and a half weeks. This is purely a vacation.

I will end up paying for most of my nights, although I will be able to get about 3 or 4 nights free from a free night and some IHG points. I was thinking of buying ambassaor status just for this trip (it will, most likely, be my only stay at an IC).

My understanding is that I'm only entitled to the upgrade, etc during my paid nights. Are they really going to enforce that and make me switch rooms in the middle of my stay? Or do you think that they are more likely to just upgrade me for the whole trip, since the bulk of it is paid? I think I will end up with 4 free nights (one from the CC, 2 from points, and one from the ambassador certificate). I might be able to squeeze out a 5th one (I am close to enough pts for a 3rd night). That would leave 12-13 paid nights.... enough for them to appreciate my business and see that I'm not just trying to wrangle as much free stuff as possible (hopefully).

I'm wondering if anyone else has had an experience there with a long trip that was a mix of paid / award nights.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I am planning a trip to Seoul next year. I plan to stay at the Grand since it looks like it's on the same corner as the train station (I've never been to Seoul but I've looked around on google maps) I'll probably stay about 2 and a half weeks. This is purely a vacation.

I will end up paying for most of my nights, although I will be able to get about 3 or 4 nights free from a free night and some IHG points. I was thinking of buying ambassaor status just for this trip (it will, most likely, be my only stay at an IC).

My understanding is that I'm only entitled to the upgrade, etc during my paid nights. Are they really going to enforce that and make me switch rooms in the middle of my stay? Or do you think that they are more likely to just upgrade me for the whole trip, since the bulk of it is paid? I think I will end up with 4 free nights (one from the CC, 2 from points, and one from the ambassador certificate). I might be able to squeeze out a 5th one (I am close to enough pts for a 3rd night). That would leave 12-13 paid nights.... enough for them to appreciate my business and see that I'm not just trying to wrangle as much free stuff as possible (hopefully).

I'm wondering if anyone else has had an experience there with a long trip that was a mix of paid / award nights.
The Grand is 50 m from a subway station, the Coex is very close. Have been in both, and both are good hotels. As a RA I got the same upgrade on points and on paid nights (different stays).
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA PS, AA GLD, SPG GLD, PC PLT, CC GLD
Got an upgrade to a junior suite after booking a standard room with points at the Grand back in July. I was Platinum without RA, it was only for one night.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the info! It is good to know that they are not sticklers about that sort of thing.

I will probably get ambassador anyway. I'm not sure how much I'll actually use the lounge, etc, but a guaranteed upgrade is nice for a trip of that length. $200 only works out to an extra $12 per night that I'm there, anyway, so it is a fairly cheap add-on.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:55 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
I am looking to blow my last Amb cert at one of the two Seoul properties. which property has a better club lounge, and why? I'll likely just pay for a club room.

Also what would be the recommended way to get between the ICs and the Grand Hyatt, taxi?
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Also what would be the recommended way to get between the ICs and the Grand Hyatt, taxi?
For sure, a taxi. Grand Hyatt is on Namsan mountain and not very public transit friendly.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: Flying blue
Coex gave me an upgrade with platinum only in July, no lounge access though
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:57 am

quesiton?

Hey guys, i am planning to stay at the grand IC seoul in few months and as a plat ambassador member, what kind of room will i be given if i book a jnr suite?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 21, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Hi.

Trying to decide which IC to book for a weekend stay in December.

Which one is better for a couple on holiday?
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by SASDC8
Hi.

Trying to decide which IC to book for a weekend stay in December.

Which one is better for a couple on holiday?
I have stayed at COEX 4-5 times, at Grand 3-4 times in the last two years and find it still difficult to decide which is the better suited hotel for me.
COEX is slightly better if you are swimmer, because the pool is a little bit deeper, but beside this point you can throw a dice to make the decision.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:09 am

Programs: SK*G/EBD, Le Club Accor Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cazane
I have stayed at COEX 4-5 times, at Grand 3-4 times in the last two years and find it still difficult to decide which is the better suited hotel for me.
COEX is slightly better if you are swimmer, because the pool is a little bit deeper, but beside this point you can throw a dice to make the decision.
Thanks for the advise^

Ended up booking the Grand as it seems to be a bit closer to subway.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 3:05 am

Programs: Flying blue
Originally Posted by SASDC8
Thanks for the advise^

Ended up booking the Grand as it seems to be a bit closer to subway.
They are only a few minutes walk from each other.
Old May 15, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
About to book two MR flights business flights Bangkok-Seoul whilst in Asia so that I hit 1500 TPs and creep into BA-Gold status. Looking for recommendation on which IC Seoul to pick for a 1day/night stay, thx.

Although I could do this rtn trip with without staying a night, only one flight per day, arrival+departure turn-around time just 4hours apart, I have noted both Seoul IC's are cheap at 180,000++ KRW (circa £110++) and I might never visit S. Korea again.
ie
1)Arrive Seoul (ICN) 07:10am
2)Depart Seoul (ICN) 11:00am (same day or next day return flights are possible on both MR dates)

Which IC of Coex or Parnas is recommended for RAs on a paid stay (1 nighter). I'll checkin early say 0830am,depart early 8am nextmorning (or earlier if need to for airport).

Interested in upgrade, view, location, better lounge, convenient for a walk/visit around/to some sights and maybe ease of getting from/to ICN
(no suitcase on a 1nighter, just small+light overight bag and laptop backpack.)

Any recommendations on what to do with my day+evening also greatfully accepted. In case it matters for events first trip day in Seoul will be Wed 6th July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.