Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Buenos Aires Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2004, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

IC Buenos Aires

Anyone have any recent experience here? What's the neighborhood like? Thinking of staying 3-4 nights in early to mid April - will be my first visit to the country.
Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2004, 8:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
nice
good service
I was 3 times in this Hôtel. I'll return next may I think for a few days.
I got a voucher for an upgrade next stay here AND a voucher for a free night in any IC.
Old Mar 21, 2004, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
It is located in the central business district and within easy daytime walking distance of most attractions. Can't say about street safety these days, it's been a couple of years since I've stayed here. I did, however, find the staff less friendly than most, and the scale must bigger than the IC in Santiago, which was top notch on all levels.

You're a few blocks from San Telmo, the tango and Sunday street market, and in the opposite direction, Florida Street, the pedestrian retail shopping street. And two blocks up and one or two over to the Plaza del Republico, the Theatre Colon and many other sites. In the other direction, there is the CasaRosa, their White House.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 7:38 am

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
I am considering booking this property for Feb 05. Great rates starting at $109US.

My question is does it have an outdoor sundeck. I see only an indoor pool. A sundeck would be rather nice since it will be high summer there.
Old Feb 13, 2005, 9:58 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

IC Buenos Aires Master Thread [merged]

I apologize in advance if this property has already been covered in this forum, but the Search feature on FlyerTalk is temporarily disabled.

I am considering spending two weekend days at the InterContinental Buenos Aires. Yes, I have that infamous Free Weekend Night certificate that I intend to use at that property.

As an InterContinental Ambassador member, what can I expect from this property in terms of services, treatment and information about the property itself?

All information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I did a report a year or so ago, so when the Search function comes back, you can read that. Not overly impressed, very impersonal but they may have come down to earth since the economic collapse. Stark comparison with IC Santiago that was warm and welcoming.

Very big, well fitted out high rise property, just off the main business district and close to the San Telmo tango clubs.

I was a basic SCC member at the time, and received a bottle of Argentinian wine as my "gift", which was fine as I added it to my cellar at home along with a few others I purchased down there for later sampling. No real upgrade evident, though assume I went from a standard to deluxe or superior room.

I have a booking to return in May. Rates are quite a bit lower than the last time I visited. I suspect as a Plat PC, I would get better benefits at the CP -- Club upgrade, lounge access -- than at the IC as an AMBASSADOR.

For a budget stay, the HIX represents pretty good value, and is just down the road from the Sheraton and Hilton, so also well located.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 9:21 am

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
The advance booking rates are very reasonable at this property. I am going there shortly but I have decided not to use my free night voucher as I would rather use it at a more costly property such as NYC or LHR. With rates of only $109US a night, it is a real deal.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 9:21 pm

Thank you for the information, Shareholder and 100,000miler — it is appreciated.

I also was able to find and read the few other threads in this forum pertaining to Buenos Aires properties.
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I have a booking to return in May.
Really?

I intend to be there in May also!
Old Feb 25, 2005, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I'm there in March and will post the overall experience as well as the RA treatment.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently booked for the 20th and 21st, though may move ahead two weeks given other changes in plans.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 9:36 am

Programs: Flying Blue life Platinum , *A Gold ,PC Plat. IC Royal Ambassador , SPG Platinum
Thumbs up

I stayed just this week in this hotel, and i must recognize that they upgrade me in a very nice junior (?) suite, about 50/60 m2 (usually I was upgraded in a excecutive club room). Same gifts (bottle of Argentina wine, fruts, free laundry and so on...)
the only bad thing in this hotel is the view....close the curtains....
usually the rooms I got have a beautiful wood floor and fitted with beautiful old pieces of furniture

Last edited by JC25; Feb 26, 2005 at 9:41 am
Old Feb 26, 2005, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by JC25
I stayed just this week in this hotel, and i must recognize that they upgrade me in a very nice junior (?) suite, about 50/60 m2 (usually I was upgrade in a excecutive club room).
C’est très bon, JC25.

===================

I reviewed a recent Priority Club Rewards newsletter. In it is the following special offer for this property:
1930s opulence awaits you in the ‘Paris of South America’. Ambassadors qualify for half-price, quality local wines and champagne, 25% off broadband Internet access, free use of health club facilities and discounts on international calls and those made with rented cell phones. This offer is valid until 31 May 2005.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 9:50 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
EZE InterContinenal

I stayed at the hotel a year ago and was 'pleased' with the property.

As a Platinum Royal Ambassador .. I got the upgrade room and wine and such.

NOTE that the wine store in the hotel is EXCELLENT!

Biggest issue is hotel location. Not near very much! If you take a tour you are the first on and last off and you circle other hotels for an hour on each side of the tour. Once they police were on strike and the streets were grid-lock so the tour company told my I had to (they would not take me home) WALK 12 blocks back home. I immediately switched to a smaller tour company.

The Gaucho tour (all day including lunch) is GREAT. You leave in the morning and return in the early evening .. and can change (you will be out of your room) and then head to the airport for the flight back home. MOST enjoyable end to a great holiday!

The hotel itself is decent . but not close to shopping or clubs or sightseeing. Would I return? 50% chance ..

JR
Old Feb 26, 2005, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Canarsie
C’est très bon, JC25.

===================

I reviewed a recent Priority Club Rewards newsletter. In it is the following special offer for this property:
you are very lucky to receive the PC newletter...now, it's about 2 years ago i received the last. in despite several mails y have sent...No way, they don't love me I suppose....
Old Feb 27, 2005, 9:56 pm

I am just back from this hotel in BA. There is no question it is a nice property and while I was not upgraded to a suite again (this is becoming a real issue with me as I would hope to get a few suites as a RA) I was given a very nice room on an upper level.

As others have stated the hotel is in a fairly location. But taxis are so cheap in BA, esp the local black and yellow ones which I always take [they are safe 99.9% of the time], ....overall I prefer the Sheraton BA for its location and quality as well as value. You should be able to get a rate as low as $99 rate at the Sheraton BA which is good value.

There are many smaller hotels in BA, as well as apts hotels which offer really lower rates, as low as $35US a night. Look at the classified ads in the BA Herald ( a dailly paper in english available at most hotels) or go to www.buesnosairesherald.com

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.