Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Sydney Master Thread [merged] - after January 2011

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2024, 12:20 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
I’m here at the moment - paid for King East Harbour view and received the same as Diamond Ambassador. Waiting for the 10,000 Amb guarantee points. Admittedly the hotel is really full and nothing better was showing online.
Truly great service in the Club (lounge pass) and enjoying the stay so far.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 12:40 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by davidw70
I’m here at the moment - paid for King East Harbour view and received the same as Diamond Ambassador. Waiting for the 10,000 Amb guarantee points. Admittedly the hotel is really full and nothing better was showing online.
Truly great service in the Club (lounge pass) and enjoying the stay so far.
Good to hear
However the elephant in the room is this hotel historically had IHG members faring poorly on award nights
Can you elaborate paid or revenue as the last poster was silent on the topic at least for now
That had me at Hyatt's and The Iconic Sheraton Grand all of those properties where I am treated the same equally on revenue or awards
Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2024, 12:48 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Good to hear
However the elephant in the room is this hotel historically had IHG members faring poorly on award nights
Can you elaborate paid or revenue as the last poster was silent on the topic at least for now
That had me at Hyatt's and The Iconic Sheraton Grand all of those properties where I am treated the same equally on revenue or awards
Thanks
It is a paid stay
Old Mar 2, 2024, 1:10 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by davidw70
It is a paid stay
Appreciate you sharing that
Old Mar 2, 2024, 2:08 pm
prh

Programs: AA Platinum Plus; One World Emerald
Originally Posted by prh
I’m Platinum Ambassador and am planning a four night stay at the IC Sydney in December. I’m debating between using points or paying. Two questions: for purposes of room quality/view, will I do better paying than using points? Either way, would folks recommend booking something more than a Classic King?
I was offered Bridge view (with a potential further upgrade) for ~$100 USD in addition to the points for the Classic King. I took it.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 9:10 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, IHG Rewards Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Good to hear
Thanks
It was a PAID stay and I have a lounge pass - I was also holding an event at the hotel (3 day meeting room booking, quite low value) and had access to a discounted event rate... they might have checked that against the rate / my booking, although I doubt it as I also booked a second room for my colleague (she is 'only' Gold) and she received a high floor twin with city view (which is essentially not an upgrade)
What's more likely is that the hotel was full that night for the Taylor Swift concert (originally my app showed a King Club Harbour View and then it changed to the King Harbour View Suite...
I would say that I probably received both an AMB and a Diamond upgrade and then indeed a little luck (although it was 18th floor)
ICs in my experience tend to give decent upgrades, especially if you ask nicely in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.