Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beijing IHG Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Financial Street on free night: RA status recognized?

To the China experts:

I just realized I've still got a Chase free night cert to blow with no further "better" expected PCR stays to use it for, and have a night in Beijing still to book.

How does the Financial Street property treat RAs on award stays these days?

And what does car service from the airport currently cost, does anyone know?

Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
There's been a change of management at the Financial Street IC, so I cannot confirm. However, before that all RA benefits were given on award stays.

I can confim this for the Beichen property (which is the nicer and better located one in my opinion anyway).

Car service booked at a Chinese agent, e.g. tongcheng, is 260 CNY for a Passat or 350 CNY for a GL8. At English sites like Ctrip for a little more. Booked at the hotel probably 800 to 1500 CNY.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, PC - Platinum, Member US, AA, CO, DL, SW
How is HIE near Beijing Airport?

I have an overnight between flights in Beijing next month and am looking for a good hotel option around $80, ideally with a gym. How is the Holiday Inn Express? Any other suggestions?
Old Nov 4, 2013, 11:35 am

Any recent IHG Beijing stays?

Hi All,

I read through this thread, and Tripadvisor on IHG properties in Beijing. But it's been a while and on TA the reports are all over the map. Has anyone stayed at any IHG's in Beijing lately? Specifically the Intercontinental Financial & Beichen and CP on Wangfujing & U-town? I just signed up for the Ambassador since I read that these four properties are normally pretty good w/ the benefits, and I have some free certs from Visa CC so hopefully I can do something with that. Heard some great-2-good-2-not so great reports on pretty much on all of them so I know YMMV. Somebody mentioned there was a change of management at Int. Financial so I don't know if that affected the service/quality at all.

So if anyone has been to these properties lately, I would appreciate to know what you think. I'm going to book pretty much the cheapest King room and go from there. If no upgrades come my way, do you think paying for club is worth it? This will be my first visit to China and I plan my vacations pretty much around pastries, bakeries really any food to eat, food markets, and anything cooking related. I'm a baker/cook/chocolatier, not just a glutton, I mean I am that too but not just that. There's some work related research thrown in somewhere. So I don't think I'll be going hungry, but it is convenient to wake up to some coffee and instant food just in case I starve on my way out of the hotel

Also going to spend a few days in Shanghai, but I don't want to muddle the Beijing board so I'll post the question for that over there. but if you have any info. please feel free to share those as well (PM or Post) Thanks so much in advance for all your time. Won't be there until Feb. but I'll post on the Meet up board if anyone's up for some good eats then. Cheers.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by gourmand73
Specifically the Intercontinental Financial & Beichen and CP on Wangfujing & U-town?
Thanks to Line 6, I would argue that Utown's location is the best.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Please note the CP Wuzhou is no longer a IHG managed hotel.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:20 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
What can I expect as a platinum member getting a room in IC Beichen using points?

I understand that elite benefits are not given on award stays, but I have received fruit platters and lounge access before at HIX and HI in Beijing so I am wondering if you guys have experience with this. Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by swy
What can I expect as a platinum member getting a room in IC Beichen using points?

I understand that elite benefits are not given on award stays, but I have received fruit platters and lounge access before at HIX and HI in Beijing so I am wondering if you guys have experience with this. Thanks.
Correct, Award stays do not accrue bennies by right, but then again Platinum is not the elite program that gets you bennies at the IHG Intercontinental brand. Of course some hotels do provide some or all of bennies on points nights too.

1. IHG Rewards platinum is for the NON-IC Brands within the group. The only thing guaranteed (and limited to outside Europe) is free internet.

2. The IHG elite Program for Intercontinental brand is the "Ambassador" status, which needs purchasing for circa us$200. For the money you get a Guaranteed 1-level upgrade (that means room type, not higher floor, more recently decorated etc )

note-
Some IC's may go beyond the minimum, which for IHG Platinum is no upgrades, and give you a higher floor, recently refurbished room, but why should you get same room upgrade as an IHG Ambassador who buys into the correct elite-program.

On rare occaisions you may get lucky with an upgrade but as the saying goes, if you really want a specific room type you need to book it initially.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:45 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Star Alliance Gold, IHG Platinum
In China they might very well also give you an upgrade with Platinum, just call them upfront and ask nicely. I am normally lucky with a 1 category upgrade even at ICīs
Old Mar 7, 2014, 1:47 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
Thanks. Will report back results.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:39 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Anyone recently stayed at the HI Downtown Beijing? Any reviews? I need a 10 night stay in PEK for work and the office is nearby there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.