Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Chicago O'Hare Master Thread [merged] - left IHG (now Loews)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So is this Hotel near to the Airport or is it in the city itself?
It is near the airport. However its not that far from the City either. Its also a lot cheaper than the IC in the city centre.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So is this Hotel near to the Airport or is it in the city itself?
The hotel is located near the airport in Rosemont. They have a free scheduled shuttle service to/from the airport and for short distances from the hotel, including light rail train station. Takes about 10 minutes or so to go to the airport.

If you plan to go anywhere, you can take the train (CTA Blue Line), take taxis or rent a car. Self parking is $ 22.00 per day.

Have stayed there several times and been treated well.

mxm135
Old Sep 5, 2010, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Spent last night there... the stay was too short... everything about this property is great... upgraded me to a one bedroom suite on a AP $108 rate.. friendly people everywhere... and I thought the room was one of the nicer IC's I've stayed in...^^^

Last edited by Buzzman; Sep 6, 2010 at 6:04 am
Old Sep 5, 2010, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed here a few weeks ago, and had a fantastic stay as well. They gave me full RA benefits on an airport accommodation voucher, which is above and beyond. I wrote a full review, which can be found here.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
I'll chime in w/another big ^ and datapoint

I was on a single night Pointsbreak stay and given full RA bennies as well as comped for several drinks & apps in the downstairs bar plus breakfast for 2.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue
I know I am bringing this thread up from the archives, but I wanted to thank FLYGVA for the great review. I have been looking at the IC ORD as an option when I stopover in Chicago on a trip to SEA. Looks fantastic!

How many airport IC's are there. I can only think of this one right now, but i'm sure there must be a handful of others which I'm not thinking of.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You all seem to be getting very good rates- I am looking to stay here next week, and cannot find anything under $200. Any ideas or suggestions are really appreciated- need to be here next Thursday night (1 night).
Thanks,
Travelsig
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA GOLD,DELTA DM, IC RA , HILTON GOLD, NAT. EE
Weekend Rates

IME the rates are only lower on weekend nights , usually $109-159. Weekdays are more expensive.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 7:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I have stayed at this IC a few times I always get an upgrade love the new design and hope all new IC are like this. Hopefully the club lounge will open soon when the economy improves. In the mean time they still give us free breakfasts.^
Old Jan 2, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, IHG Status-of-the-Day, Avis First. **Freedom fighter: One grope at a time.**
Originally Posted by why fly
I have stayed at this IC a few times I always get an upgrade love the new design and hope all new IC are like this. Hopefully the club lounge will open soon when the economy improves. In the mean time they still give us free breakfasts.^
I stayed in the Chicago O'Hare IC multiple times over the last several years, and also enjoyed the upgrades and the lovely artwork. (I did have a problem with the "artistic" and impractical bathrooms though. What female business traveler doesn't want counter space??) Anyway, as a whole I was pleased with the hotel but every time I asked I was told the club lounge was "going to open soon." I decided not to hold my breath. IMHO, I don't think it has anything to do with the economy. I think it has everything to do with the other restaurants right outside the front door of the hotel. Until they work something out with them the hotel restaurant probably won't be built and the club space will continue to be used as a restaurant.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I actually tried the newly done Crowne Plaza next door and gotta say it rivals most of the IC I've been to. It's beautiful and the service was amazing. Definitely worth a try.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I actually tried the newly done Crowne Plaza next door and gotta say it rivals most of the IC I've been to. It's beautiful and the service was amazing. Definitely worth a try.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, IHG Status-of-the-Day, Avis First. **Freedom fighter: One grope at a time.**
Originally Posted by Frasier9
Headed there in March. Thanks for the tip... I'll give it a try!
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:36 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

For discussions about this property and the ones close by, there is a mastr thread in the main forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ad-merged.html

I have copied / moved post into this thread, please follow the discussion in the above mentioned thread.

Thank You

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Jul 27, 2011, 3:58 pm

Smile InterCon O'Hare - Best Airport Hotel

I heard the InterContinetal O'Hare just pulled out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Not surprised...what a place. I recently went to a show at their live music venue, the Montrose Room. It was as good as it gets....like a mini Park West. They're definitely leading the charge as one of the top luxury hotels in Rosemont...entertianment, art work, fabulous accomodations, great restaurants...what else can you ask for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.