Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Chicago O'Hare Master Thread [merged] - left IHG (now Loews)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008, 1:55 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Posted mini review and pics of my stay last weekend at:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...postcount=2086
Old Nov 5, 2008, 10:52 pm

According to the hotel's website, it states that the lounge offers "four daily meal services."
However, recent posters only mention continental breakfast.
We are staying here next week, and would like to know if the lounge is perhaps not yet fully staffed to offer the full range noted on their website.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 6:34 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by Savage25
Posted mini review and pics of my stay last weekend at:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...postcount=2086
Thanks, I appreciate the review! ^
Old Mar 29, 2009, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
any new reports on this property now that it has been open for a while?
Old Mar 29, 2009, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...66-ic-ord.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/10650961-post2086.html
Old Mar 29, 2009, 7:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
I posted a review in the RA Experiences thread (which as it is now no longer a sticky I can't easily locate to link to )

It's very nice, and I got a great UG and great amenities. At the bargain basement rates they have been offering it's a steal.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dgwright99
I posted a review in the RA Experiences thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11142205-post2304.html

I do question the ability of this hotel to survive. Low occupancy, low ADR=RevPAR disaster
Old Mar 29, 2009, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dgwright99
.. At the bargain basement rates they have been offering it's a steal.
Any specials at IC ORD? I have a stay near ORD in april but I can't justify $169 there when Hyatt, Westin and Sheraton are all in $100 ballpark.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by azepine00
Any specials at IC ORD? I have a stay near ORD in april but I can't justify $169 there when Hyatt, Westin and Sheraton are all in $100 ballpark.
Have you tried AAA rate ?

Also, it's not really comparable with the others you mention. To me, $169 is great value for this level of hotel.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 8:41 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
IC Chicago Opinions Please

On Sept. 19, I need to book a room near O'Hare. I will be checking into the hotel around 9-10pm, and leaving at 7am the next morning. Typically I stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites, which is less than a mile from the Hertz lot at ORD. Can anyone give me any reasons why I might try out the IC near ORD instead? It's $20 more, doesn't have free internet, and it's $22 to park. For such a short stay, I'm guessing I'll probably stay with my original plan (Holiday Inn and Giordano's pizza for a fun Saturday night), but you never know what your fellow FTers might know of. Thanks.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 9:26 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
Hard to argue against your logic, but sign up for Ambassador and your 1 of 3 ICs closer to RA. Other than that its a nicer hotel and well worth the extra coin (IMHO).
Old Aug 4, 2009, 12:18 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

If you
- have to use the internet for the 9 hours in the hotel
- have to park a car
the IC is not only 20 USD more expensive.
However, if you do not need the internet (to me, it is sometimes good not to be connected to the WWW) and can use the shuttle from the IC to the airport, I would give them a try. It is a nice and modern hotel and as wonderbret has said it, it well worth the extra coin. In the past, I have booked two times a night at the IC instead of the more convenient located Hilton (of course a reason was beeing RA againt only HH Gold).
Old Aug 4, 2009, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Its a by far nicer hotel - simple answer....
Old Aug 4, 2009, 11:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Hotel is Brand New, If you join ambassador they will give you a upgrade for free. I would look at your options and see if the better hotel is worth the $20.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 6:06 pm

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
One note--I was quite disappointed with my stay a month ago. The website shows they have a club lounge...but guess what! It's not open yet! There 's some problem with code or access...or something. They are using their downstairs restaurant as their "club lounge" They did give us a voucher for drinks, though.
Safe travels to all!
Originally Posted by Benny8444
Hotel is Brand New, If you join ambassador they will give you a upgrade for free. I would look at your options and see if the better hotel is worth the $20.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.