Search

Longing for Royal Ambassador status...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2007, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD Gold, KL/FB SE
Longing for Royal Ambassador status...

Hello everyone,

I am relatively new to FT and have a quite 'naive' question for experienced PC members...

I got FT Platinum status this year and just got enough points for 2008. I have read some posts about the wonderful bonus of being Royal Ambassador programme. I am very tempted to pay and join the Ambassador programme and hope to get RA status. I was wondering if you have any tips and suggestions...I know probably there are answers already in some older posts but still would appreciate and thank for your expertise :-:

Many thanks and have a lovely New Year!

Erik
Old Dec 28, 2007, 6:17 pm

Programs: SPG,HH,DL,CO,AMEX
If you are willing to spend the money, referral certificates occasionally show up on EBay (between $400 - $600)
Old Dec 28, 2007, 6:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
The topic u need is right here :P

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366846
Old Dec 28, 2007, 11:37 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
If you were to buy an RA cert. would you have to requaily for it the next year?
Old Dec 28, 2007, 11:38 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Does anyone have a pic of an RA card?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER
If you were to buy an RA cert. would you have to requaily for it the next year?
Yes

Unless you open a 2nd PC account - different address etc - and use the referral certificate (which has a 6 month expiry) on it. Then use that referrel cert against your original account. And so on. Gets complicated, though, as your points are split across 2 accounts.

The card is the same as a standard Plat card, with the words Royal Ambassador overprinted on it!
Old Dec 29, 2007, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Silver, EB Silver, RR Silver.
Cant i have the same account where i was referred the 1st year and need a referral for the 2nd year?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thesimflyer
Cant i have the same account where i was referred the 1st year and need a referral for the 2nd year?
There have been a couple of cases where a previously referred RA was not allowed to be referred again. However, I've never had a problem.

The reason you can't refer yourself immediately on the same account is that the referral certificate must be used within 6 months and your RA status will usually be for longer than that (if you were not already AMB, it will be a full 12 months - for existing AMB members you tend to get it to the end of your current membership year. Rubbish but thats how it is.)
Old Dec 29, 2007, 12:46 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat.
I just became RA and received the cert in the package (please do not PM me with trade offers as I am keeping it). It is valid until June 2008. I plan to sign SO up for AMB and RA in June (at same address). Will I then be able to use her RA referral for myself at the end of the year?
Old Dec 29, 2007, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NWA747SNN
I just became RA and received the cert in the package (please do not PM me with trade offers as I am keeping it). It is valid until June 2008. I plan to sign SO up for AMB and RA in June (at same address). Will I then be able to use her RA referral for myself at the end of the year?
If the dates work, theoretically yes. Having 3 accounts is easier, though (or referring a close friend or relative for the 3rd one) as you are never running the risk of a voucher expiring before your RA status does.
Old Dec 29, 2007, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
You can get a picture of RA card in your Priority Club page if you have a basic knowledge of .html things
if not - i can post it here if you want.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
What I would say about RA is that it is a generous programme if you actually use InterContinental hotels. I use them more than any other in the chain and find that I ALWAYS get an upgrade, whereas with platinum elite at crowne plaza hotels, it is a bit hit and miss at certain properties.

I also have hyatt status and find the IHG programme is better in terms of both earning points (promotions like the Q4 points one) etc. are all worthwile and if you are a fairly frequent traveller, you will earn plenty of points which are easy to redeem. Customer service is also normally very good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.