Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which hotel in Jakarta - IC or CP ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Taxis are dirt cheap, here, so I wouldn't worry about it much. I'll be here at the IC through the weekend, and certainly like it much more than the CP.

You can get a Blue Bird or Expres taxi at the airport. I came during Friday rush hour and paid 120k plus tolls for a Blue Bird.

Lots of malls around. Plaza Indonesia has a new movie theater, and a lot of casual dining on the 5th and 6th floors.

A short 20k taxi ride to Hayam Wuruk is a great Chinese restaurant called Furama. Great Peking duck, and a mind blowing AYCE dim sum with shrimp, scallops, pork and other great stuff. About $8++ for this, unless you have a Citibank credit card, then it's 30% off. The bill needs to be at least 100k to use a card.

I really like the breakfast at the IC. The lunch is good, and the Sunday brunch is great! The dinners I've had this month were mediocre. Plus the smallish smoking section stinks the whole place up pretty quick.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:47 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Koby
And a question for those who know both hotels: up to now I have used the CP since that is where I stayed the first time and I liked having the shopping mall next door for restaurants and the supermarket.
Now I read here that there are also restaurants with easy access close to the IC. Would you say that when it comes to this (getting to restaurants and a supermarket without the need for a taxi) the IC is even better than the CP?
With the opening of the CityLofts/CityWalk next door to the IC it definitely adds to the options available. Plaza Semanggi has more dining options still, but with what's in the Mid-Plaza basement along with CityWalk it covers most cuisines. Surprisingly there's a well stocked and reasonably priced StarMart mini-mart in the basement of the IC as well which covers most of the essentials you'll need from the supermarket I'd imagine.

The walk is more pleasant from the IC to either Mid-Plaza (under cover through the basement) or to CityWalk (along a quiet street with a functional footpath) rather than from the CP to Plaza Semanggi (either strolling along Gatot-Subroto past the crowds and traffic or taking the back way through the kampung and the dusty vacant lot ).
Old Jan 21, 2010, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
The walk is more pleasant from the IC to either Mid-Plaza (under cover through the basement) or to CityWalk (along a quiet street with a functional footpath) rather than from the CP to Plaza Semanggi (either strolling along Gatot-Subroto past the crowds and traffic or taking the back way through the kampung and the dusty vacant lot ).
It’s true the walk from the CP is not the nicest, but I thought it was “normal” for Jakarta... (I don't really know the city...)

Thanks. I’ll guess I’ll try the IC next time. (The CP does not care about Plats anyway, so no loss there...)
Old Jan 21, 2010, 4:14 am

[QUOTE=Koby;13216850]Mmmm... Somehow I cannot see myself in suit and tie on the back of a motorbike sweating it out in the heat on my way to a meeting...

QUOTE]

You'll have to keep an eye out for me doing it

As others have said, there's a Starmart in the basement of the IC and plenty of restaurants within walking distance, so you won't be trapped in the IC.
Old May 1, 2010, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
will be in jakarta next month....the crowne plaza has a great pointbreak option for 5k points a night....thinking of spending a couple of nights here....anyone with a recent experience????its my first trip to jakarta so looking for some advice....i am plat if that makes a difference....
Old May 2, 2010, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by saad
will be in jakarta next month....the crowne plaza has a great pointbreak option for 5k points a night....thinking of spending a couple of nights here....anyone with a recent experience????its my first trip to jakarta so looking for some advice....i am plat if that makes a difference....
I stayed at the CP two weeks ago in a club room.

The hotel is nice, overall. The club lounge was pretty good, although not as good as the IC Jakarta, of course.

The club level rooms have been recently renovated but these renovations don't include flat screen TVs. The room was comfortable enough, but nothing special,

The hotels Lebanese restaurant is pretty good, but the one at the LM is better.

The hotel pool is nice and the lobby is grand in a slightly dated way.

All in all, I would snap it up as a points break rate.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by camsean
I stayed at the CP two weeks ago in a club room.

The hotel is nice, overall. The club lounge was pretty good, although not as good as the IC Jakarta, of course.

The club level rooms have been recently renovated but these renovations don't include flat screen TVs. The room was comfortable enough, but nothing special,

The hotels Lebanese restaurant is pretty good, but the one at the LM is better.

The hotel pool is nice and the lobby is grand in a slightly dated way.

All in all, I would snap it up as a points break rate.
sounds good....

any idea what kind of an upgrade (if any) can i expect with a plat membership????
Old May 2, 2010, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't expect much in the way of an upgrade. I've stayed there on normal and PB stays, and I think I got a slightly better room and a fruit plate or something.
Old May 2, 2010, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Don't expect much in the way of an upgrade. I've stayed there on normal and PB stays, and I think I got a slightly better room and a fruit plate or something.
i guess something is better than nothing....
Old May 3, 2010, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by saad
i guess something is better than nothing....
That's my motto too.
Old May 3, 2010, 1:53 am

I stayed here about 2 weeks ago too. I'd rate the rooms as about par, maybe slightly better than the Le Meridien, especially as the location is right next door to Plaza Semanggi.

Poke Sushi is rated as a good all you can eat sushi restaurant. It is currently under refurbishment until 1 May 2010.

Definitely worth it Point Breaks rates. I booked two rooms as a platinum, and didn't receive a Club Room for either. I think I got rooms on the 9th floor.
Old May 3, 2010, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
I like IC Jkt better, the location is very near by, however, IC Jkt is much luxery, especially the Club room or suite
Old Jun 15, 2010, 2:27 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
A few questions about the two hotels:
- Do either offer free internet?
- Do either offer free breakfast?
If it matters, I'm Plat - but not Amb.
Thanks.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No free breakfast at either place. I like the breakfast quite a bit at the IC, though. The breakfast at the CP was nothing to write home about. You can often find the IC through some travel agents for weekend stays, including 2 breakfasts in the $80 range. I've gotten stay credit, upgrades, etc on these by giving the hotel my PC number a couple of days before checking in.

At the IC, I've gotten free internet in the common areas. I think you may get it in the rooms too, but I only had wifi connection, and not a cable connection.

I don't recall at the CP.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Stayed at IC on PB, I was upgrade to a nice big room, comp breakfast and internet for being Amb. they have excellent breakfast, gym and pool I swam there daily on hot weather.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.