Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Toronto or IC Toronto Centre

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2008, 3:20 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by Worthing Scottish
Thanks all - booked 2 nights in the IC Toronto Centre (Deluxe Room on a high floor for 30k a night - very happy with that!) ^
don't forget Chinatown - 1-2 kms from either one- many fantastic spots for authenic food
Old Sep 24, 2008, 3:36 pm

Programs: MP, 1K 1MM
And also..

Yorkville and the Bay-Bloor intersection. If you pine for architecture that may (or may not remind you of Edinburgh and Glasgow, take a walk around the U/T campus and Queen's Park.
"TO" (tee oh) is a wonderfully, culturally diverse city. Here's hoping the weather isn't rainy--as it can be--, but is bright and crisp--as it can be-- and that you can content yourself with just walking around.
If you hadn't made a hotel selection I'd have suggested Dundonald House, our fave B&B, an historical residence where we stay on our regular visits to "T'ronna." Say hello to the proprietors from me if you visit.
Happy travels!
Old Sep 26, 2008, 5:48 pm

Programs: IHG RA, DL Dia, Hertz 5Star
Thanks nicolas75 et al for great info. My wife and I are planning on catching some Bluejays games next year and were weighing the pluses and minuses of the two properties.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 3:48 pm

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Resurrecting this old thread

I'm looking to book a few nights starting boxing day then getting across to Niagara for NYE. Is there an updated consensus on which hotel to stay in or do I take the point slut approach and compare & contrast?

Any updated views would be appreciated.

Jono
Old Jun 14, 2009, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Both hotels are very good (and are 4 km far eachothers)

IC Toronto Dowtown
+
Convenient to visit the south part of the town
Large indoor pool
Great executive suites (large, very nicely decorated)
Nice club lounge
Great views
Excellent service
Airport bus stops in front the hotel
-
Some say that it looks too much the CP it was before. I don't think so

IC Toronto Yorkville
+
Boutique hotel with intimate atmosphere
Elegant rooms
Just in front the Royal Ontario Museum, and a few meters from the chic boutiques
-
No pool, no club lounge

Last edited by nicolas75; Jun 14, 2009 at 5:11 pm
Old Jun 14, 2009, 7:02 pm

IC Toronto Dowtown
+ next to train station if you go to Niagara Falls by train
- boring business districts where people leaves home at 4pm

IC Toronto Yorkville
+ lots of shops on Bloor Street
- heavy construction next to the hotel
Old Jun 15, 2009, 2:42 pm

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
Big thumbs up to money_opp and nicolas75 for the prompt and tres informative responses. I think the only way to do the city justice is to have a stint in both - just hope the girlfriend agrees
Old Jul 5, 2009, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Jonobigblind
Big thumbs up to money_opp and nicolas75 for the prompt and tres informative responses. I think the only way to do the city justice is to have a stint in both - just hope the girlfriend agrees
I suggest you do the packing for the change of hotels!

We always stay in the downtown (Front Street) during our annual visit because it has the pool and club lounge. Was it not the Yorkville hotel that was formerly a CP?

The Yorkville hotel is in a great location for eating, drinking and shopping, so it certainly has some pluses
Old Jul 5, 2009, 4:06 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
IC downtown is also near the waterfront for the Summer. It is near the hip Queen St. W. for shopping and near King St. W. for entertainment. It is not boring like downtown U.S. cities and is within walking distance to many exciting restaurants, shopping, night clubs, and tourist attractions.

IC Yorkville is near the upscale shopping district and ROM as well as very nice restaurants and night clubs. It is near some of the other luxury hotels such as Four Seasons, Hazelton, etc.

Both are interesting locations but very different flavor.

If you want to experience downtown Toronto then stay in IC downtown, especially if it is lower in rates. Stay in IC Yorkville if upscale shops is your thing.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Was it not the Yorkville hotel that was formerly a CP?
Nope, the Yorkville property was a purpose-built IC, the first in Toronto. The Front Street IC was built and owned by CN Hotels and operated as their flagship Toronto property under the name l'Hotel. When that company was taken over by CP Hotels (now Fairmont) it was sold and rebranded as the CP. A few years later it was upgraded to an IC.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 8:52 am

Programs: PC Plat, HH Diamond, WN CP, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
We are staying three nights at the end of August at the IC Downtown. I wanted to do both, but wife didn't want to pack up and move. I'll report back.

But one question. This will be my first stay at an IC property. Should I expect PC Platinum to get me anything there? Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:58 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by kujay
We are staying three nights at the end of August at the IC Downtown. I wanted to do both, but wife didn't want to pack up and move. I'll report back.

But one question. This will be my first stay at an IC property. Should I expect PC Platinum to get me anything there? Thanks.
This hotel will provide room upgrades for platinum members upon availability, but they are not guaranteed. According to IHG's Ambassador member website, PC status is valid at ALL IHG properties.

From the FAQ's on the Ambassador website:

As an InterContinental Ambassador, will I receive the same benefits at all brands of InterContinental Hotels Group hotels?

No, Ambassador benefits apply exclusively at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts. However, Priority Club Rewards member status and benefits apply to all brands of IHG hotels.

I was surprised to see this statement.

mxm135
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: PC Plat, HH Diamond, WN CP, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MXM135
I was surprised to see this statement.

mxm135
I am surprised as well. This is a short vacation for us, so anything we get is a bonus.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 2:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AC E50, National Exec
Any updates/opinions on these hotels?

Heading to toronto in a few weeks so trying to decide which hotel. I've heard good things about Yorkville. Is the construction next door finished?
Old Aug 8, 2009, 5:31 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, UA Mileage Plus, BD Diamond Club
Superior or Deluxe room?

I am about to book three nights using points at the IC Toronto Centre, the room options are either a superior or a deluxe room.

What is the difference and which type would be the best room? PC Platinum only, no Amb or RA.

Thanks.

Steve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.