Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
2017 Master Promo Wiki

Introduction & Disclaimer

This thread is supposed to focuse on those promotions, which are not general quartely promotions, but e.g. run by individual hotel, chains or regions.
The Thread for 2018 could be found here.

We want to highlight, that you can only register for the promotion which you are targeted for. For further reference we would like to draw your attention to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ion-codes.html

Big Promotions

IHG Accelerate Promotion (January 01 - April 15)

Discussion in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1807732-ihg-accelerate-1q-2017-1st-jan-15th-apr.html

Special Promotions

List of hotel offering bonus points
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...X-MHR-BPP.html

Not always worth the extra money. But usually thise bonus points count as "qualification points".

Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan - until 31 March 2017

IHG is running a promotion for Visa Platinum/Signature/Infinite card holders staying in InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Indigo and Holiday Inn hotels in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan until 31 March 2017.

Book the Best Available Rate and receive a one category room upgrade and free breakfast (for up to 2 people).

For more information, visit http://www.ihg.com/hotels/cn/zh/glob...highendupgrade (available in Chinese only)

Russia

Citibank/Citi/Citigroup credit card holders receive a discount of 10% off the Best Available Rate at:
  • Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Airport (until 31 May 2017 - for details, see http://www.citiworldprivileges.com/ru/offer-detail/73415/Crowne-Plaza-St-Petersburg-Airport/)
  • Holiday Inn St. Petersburg-Moskovskye Vorota (until 10 July 2018 - for details, see http://www.citiworldprivileges.com/ru/offer-detail/82909/Holiday-Inn-StPetersburg---Moskovskye-Vorota/)
Print Wikipost

Promotion Discussion Thread 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 6:24 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Promotion Discussion Thread 2017

This is the thread for all discussions related to discussion about promotion which might run by IHG apart from the regular (quartely / general) promotions.

Major Promotions might get its own thread, smaller promotion limited to certain regions or hotels are added in this thread.

Most of you with a certain number of posts and member of flyertalk for a longer time can add these promotions to the wikipost aboive themself. If you are do not yet have the possibility or do not know how to add them, post them here and alert us via the report button (red triangle with !) and one of the moderators in this forum will add them.

If you have any question to the promotions, post it here and we are sure, you will get an answer.

Thank you

FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum

Last edited by FLYGVA; Mar 26, 2017 at 2:19 am
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
How about posting a link? o well let me do it for you...

Register and stay using a Mastercard® at any IHG® hotel from December 1, 2016 – February 15, 2017 and you could win the ultimate Chicago weekend getaway.

Plus, stay twice with one stay being 2+ nights to get a Mastercard® Reward Card up to $100,
dependent upon which brand you stay at. - See more at: https://www.priceless.ihgrewardsclub....IQi1QCrh.dpuf

ELIGIBILITY: Legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age, Mastercard cardholders as of November 15, 2016
Does anyone know if a BOGO stay would count towards the 2-night requirement? Terms suggest not, but who knows ...
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star®, & Rapid Rewards
I've actually earned a decent amount of IHG points using Hertz through this IHG promotion this year. And my rates have been very competitive. Although, I have not been overly impressed with Hertz customer service at the counter. Upgrades are hit and miss, and not as nice as National, Enterprise, or Avis. I'm hoping that changes and has just been a fluke with some of the smaller locations I've used. Madrid Spain had great service and nice upgrades as a 5 Star.

Save up to 35%, plus much more when booking Hertz through IHG:
Save up to 35%
Earn at least 1,500 points.
Get up to 500 additional points per day
Upgrade to Hertz Gold Plus Rewards® Five Star® (Spire Elite members only)
Important to read carefully:
Terms & Conditions
*To qualify for the 1,500 point bonus and the 500 points per day, rental must be booked through the link above. Advance reservation required. CDP 22754 must be included in the reservation. Offer is available at participating locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. This offer has no cash value, may not be used with Pre-Pay Rates, Tour Rates or Insurance Replacement Rates and cannot be combined with any other certificate, voucher, offer or promotion. Hertz age, driver, credit and qualifying rate restrictions for the renting location apply. Taxes, tax reimbursement, age differential charges, fees and optional service charges, such as refueling, are not included. The CDP discount applies to time and mileage charges only, discount vary by rental date, location and vehicle type; 35% discount will not apply in all cases. Modifying your reservation may result in a change in your rate and/or invalidate this offer. Points will not be awarded on travel industry rates, wholesale tour packages, insurance/dealer replacement, other promotional rates or group travel. Offer valid for pickup through June 30th, 2017.
https://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glo...-AIX-SNR-Hertz

Last edited by ChimarraoMate; Apr 3, 2017 at 8:51 am
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Earn your free nights faster with up to 40,000 bonus points

https://www.ihg.com/content/gb/en/de...Text&glat=AFFI

Complete three stays with us from 1 April to 31 December, and enjoy a free night* - on us.

To get you started, register now to get your first 1,000 points and then earn 30,000 points in just three stays. And that’s not all. You’ll get another 10,000 points as a bonus, when you complete this offer.

That’s up to 40,000 points – which you can use to redeem a free night* with us.

* selected hotels

Terms & Conditions

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. Members will receive bonus points upon registration and on completion of each of the first three Qualifying Stays booked directly on any IHG website or mobile site at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express® and Staybridge Suites® hotels and resorts in Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), the Middle East and Africa between 1 April 2017 and 31 December 2017 (“Registration”). The bonus points will be provided as follows: 1000 points for registration; 5000 points for the first Qualifying Stay; 9000 points for the second Qualifying Stay; and 15,000 points for the third Qualifying Stay. Upon completion of all three (3) stays, members will receive 10,000 points as a bonus. A stay is defined per IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (“Stay”). A Stay is constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” when member pays qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN® or HUALUXE™ hotels worldwide. Bonus points are not issued for Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stays. “Non-Qualifying Room Rates” or “Non-Qualifying Stay” include the following: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion. Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. All bookings and stays are to be completed during promotion period between 1 April 2017 and 31 December 2017. No retroactive points will be awarded for stays prior to Registration. Rates are per room, per night and are subject to availability. Blackout dates apply.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I clicked on the link and tried to register, but I got a message "We encountered a system problem while processing your request." It also then asked for a promo code, which wasn't there the first time. Does anyone know the code?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Must be targeted, I got an error when I tried to register. It reminds me a bit of the old days of registering promotion codes, which was apparently something we shouldn't have been doing. I hope there won't be some issues now because I wasn't supposed to try and register for it...
Old Apr 3, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by Concerto
Must be targeted, I got an error when I tried to register...
Looks like this is an offer for UK residents - note the URL. The 'gb' subdomain had me wondering, then I saw a reference to "the catalogue"...sounds British-y to me.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Looks like this is an offer for UK residents - note the URL. The 'gb' subdomain had me wondering, then I saw a reference to "the catalogue"...sounds British-y to me.
more like Asia/Pacific, last sentence in the T&Cs

© 2017 InterContinental Hotels Group (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd, for and on behalf of InterContinental Hotels Group.

and it's only for

hotels and resorts in Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), the Middle East and Africa
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The whole thing's unclear and messy. Avoid.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
more like Asia/Pacific, last sentence in the T&Cs

© 2017 InterContinental Hotels Group (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd, for and on behalf of InterContinental Hotels Group.

and it's only for

hotels and resorts in Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), the Middle East and Africa

This promotion is based out of the Philippines/SE Asia. Won't be available for anyone in the states... sad times, I say.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 4:27 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I just tried and it doesn't work for me...

I am a UK resident.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: Tesco, Avios, IHG Priority Club
Am I correct in thinking that as UK resident apart from the Accelerate Offer just coming to an end there is absolutely no promotions on the table whatsoever from IHG at the moment?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by decker59
Am I correct in thinking that as UK resident apart from the Accelerate Offer just coming to an end there is absolutely no promotions on the table whatsoever from IHG at the moment?
It's not unusual. Two years ago there was no summer promo at all and I'm sure that last years summer accelerate didn't start till June.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: Tesco, Avios, IHG Priority Club
Ok but as long as IHG are aware that if there are no current promotions then I am likely to book elsewhere
Old Apr 14, 2017, 6:01 pm

I am in Australia and received this email so I registered with no problems.

It has been nearly 2 weeks since registering but I still haven't got the 1000 points upon registering as stated in T&C's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.