Search

Information about Merging of Stay Report Subforum with Main forum

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 5:01 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Exclamation Information about Merging of Stay Report Subforum with Main forum

Dear Flyertalkers,

in 2009 we created a subforum for stay reports. In so far, I would like to refer to the introduction in the subforum for further reference.

One of the reasons for this step was, that at this time there was no dedicated template for hotel reviews and at this time many of you complained that reviews were lost in existing thread about the hotels.
This has now changed and a reviw template is available, which is highlighted in a main thread about a specific hotel.

We are about to merge the subofurm with the main forum and thus also consolidate the post there about hotels with the major threads of these and also might create new hotels. This will be done step by step. I will also try to see if the information is still up to date and if this is not the case, if it might nevertheless should be moved into the archive thread of this hotel.

I will take this opportunity to update also this thread about new hotels: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...read-list.html and see if existing threads have to split up into an archive thread and a current thread.

This thread is to inform you about this change, which will be done in the next couple of days. If you have any comments, feel free to post them here.

Thank you

FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum
Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Hi,

hope you are enjoying the Easter Break.

I wanted to share an update of the progress of merging the stay reports subforum.

As announced in March I have decided not to simply merge every post from the subforum into the main forum but to consolidate them. I also check, if we have threads about hotel which do no longer belong to the IHG chain and close them. A couple of times, if was a little bit difficult to find the real name of the existing hotel and it seems a couple of times (read Tel Aviv and Shanghai) post for different hotels have been mixed. I tried to solve this as well.

While researching this, I also consolidate posts about the same hotel in the main forum, unless there are very specific.

To make it a bit easier, especially in cities like Shanghai with different hotel of the same chain, I have created a Wiki Post with additional information (e.g. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...er-thread.html) but used WiKis also for a summary of information provided in the thread or so simply put the address at the top in the US.

I anything seems wrong, please let me know.

FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum
Old May 1, 2017, 11:57 am
Original Poster

I wanted to give you an update of the progress ....

All threads of the subforum have been:
  • moved to the main forum and closed/ locked, if the hotel is no longer an IHG Hotel or became another brand within the chain.
  • merged with existing threads and a master thread was created if such a thread has not exitsed before. This thread is also linked in the IHG Hotel Master List. A WiKi was added for some hotels, especially in larger cities or to differ from other hotels.
  • merged with existing master threads. This thread was also linked in the IHG Hotel Master List if this was not done before. The thread titel was changed to a common style. A WiKi was added for some hotels, especially in larger cities or to differ from other hotels.
  • moved to the main forum. A master thread of this property was created and linked in the IHG Hotel Master List. A WiKi was added for a few hotels, especially in larger cities or to differ from other hotels.
  • deleted, if the information was outdated such a generic promotions of hotels, which left the chain. This migh result in a change in your post count.

The WiKi contains only basic information so far, but additional information such as e.g. upgrade policy, fees for certain amenites (gym, parking, resort fee) could be added by everybody with the ability to edit a WiKi.

If you notice, that a thread about a hotel is missing from the IHG Master Hotel List, you can RBP this thread and I will add it.

Let me know in this thread, if you have any questions.

Jan
FLYGVA
moderator IHG Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.