Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2017 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:35 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
I have my trip to Porto coming up next week. Although this HIX hotel is a long way from the city centre I am planning to go there without a rental car. Do you think that makes sense, of should I organise a car? I would rather avoid having the worry of parking in central Porto. So I figure the money saved by using points for the hotel can be used for buses, and taxis if they're reasonable.
The hotel is about 8-10kms from the city, you could actually walk it! (it would take a while, but there is a nice promenade walk along the coast). I wouldn't suggest a car to be honest unless you decide to go outside of Porto as well. You could try cycling though if you are able! We cycled quite a bit there, it was easy and safe as there are a lot of cycle paths.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
For anyone heading to the Strasbourg property, the easiest way into town is to drive about 10 minutes to the Baggersee P&R, then take the tram for 15 minutes into town.

The daily parking fee is €4.10, including a return tram ticket for up to 7 people.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I just completed my 3 day stay at the HIX Porto Exponor and it was brilliant. The hotel was really good, with friendly service, decent rooms, a pleasant enough bar area and good breakfast options. The only bad thing was the coffee from the machines in the breakfast area, but they provided a decent coffee from the machine at the bar when asked. I would definitely go back there.

To get there from the airport get an Andante card (€0.60) from the info center at arrivals, charge it up with a ride (€1.85) and take the 601 bus. That same bus connects the hotel to central Porto, but it's a different zone charge (€1.20). It's cheap and efficient. From the bus terminal you can walk to most sights, including downhill to the Ribiera area on the Douro river. Later, to get back to the bus stop, we simply took a taxi up the hill for 4 Euros.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: ICH Plt Royal Amb, Hertz 5*, Hyatt Plat, HHons,
Originally Posted by panka
Just checked into CP Vilnius, breakfast was offered at check in as if it was included.
Good luck, we stayed earlier in this pointsbreak round and were told it definitely was not included, we did not take a printout nor did we push it as we are not great breakfast eaters anyway
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:17 pm

I'm at CP Vilnius now. I was told breakfast not included at check-in, tried to sell me breakfast. I produced the screenshot and they said they added the free breakfast to my reservation. We will see at checkout.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: IHG - Plat, Accor - Plat, Marriott - Gold, Club Carlson - Gold, BW - Diamond, Hilton - Gold
Originally Posted by zpoppy
Good luck, we stayed earlier in this pointsbreak round and were told it definitely was not included, we did not take a printout nor did we push it as we are not great breakfast eaters anyway
could have been because I'm Platinum... Don't know.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Just checked into the Holiday Inn Huatulco, Mexico today. Got upgraded to the Bay View room, which is 3 categories above standard. The view is outstanding but it is also very very very hot. Feels like 100 I don't know how my phone says it's only 85;-)

nice pool area. Haven't seen any other white people, which is cool I guess.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:14 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
The view is outstanding but it is also very very very hot. Feels like 100 I don't know how my phone says it's only 85;-)
It's not the heat, it's the humidity

Congratulations on the upgrade.

I got the top floor in Berlin and Brno on Elite floor.

Dabrowa Gornica was very nice, but the penthouse was not offered.

And I know I am repeating myself, but this sleepy town is one of very few still left on PB List, and IMHO a gem being so close to Katowice and Krakow. The train (no, not the slow one) even stops there and it's a 15 minute walk through the park to the hotel. Less if you walk fast like I do.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:19 pm

Huatulco

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Just checked into the Holiday Inn Huatulco, Mexico today. Got upgraded to the Bay View room, which is 3 categories above standard. The view is outstanding but it is also very very very hot. Feels like 100 I don't know how my phone says it's only 85;-)

nice pool area. Haven't seen any other white people, which is cool I guess.
I am heading there in two weeks. I read 80% tourists in that area are domestic. I hope for an upgrade like yours.

Last edited by alekd; Jun 29, 2017 at 9:25 pm
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by alekd
I am heading there in two weeks. I read 80% tourists in that area are domestic. I am also platinum, hope for an upgrade like yours.
Yeah it looks to be almost all domestic tourism here. Although it is off peak here so haven't even seen many tourists to speak of. It's absolutely amazing here, so glad we came. The food at the hotel is actually pretty good and reasonably priced.

We went to the #1 rated TripAdvisor restaurant, La Crema Bar for lunch, absolutely over rated. Fish tacos were terrible couldn't tell if it was fish, chicken or cardboard ? Everything else was just ok. The owner will try to sell you a bunch of local tours.

I also wouldn't try eating at any of the restaurants immediately around the hotel, they all seemed really expensive. Just take the 30 pesos taxi to the city center/square. Lots more options there. All the gift shops had reasonably priced items.

I am enjoying Huatulco much more than Cancun, Punta Cana. Off the beaten path kind of destination
Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:52 pm

good, this is what I got from a Mexican friend regarding food: Oaxacan cheese, chile pork meat, Oaxacan style fillet, sausages, small tortillas, beans, avocado sauce, black mole, stuffed chile, and Tlayudas (a large tortilla with many topings).
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by alekd
good, this is what I got from a Mexican friend regarding food: Oaxacan cheese, chile pork meat, Oaxacan style fillet, sausages, small tortillas, beans, avocado sauce, black mole, stuffed chile, and Tlayudas (a large tortilla with many topings).
So this is almost comical, we have been here for 4 nights / 5 days now. We eat at the hotel for breakfast. The American breakfast is a good value, coffee/milk or tea, juice, fruit, eggs, bread, choice of meat for 120 pesos

Every day something has been wrong. First day, no bread, yesterday no bacon, today was the last straw. We were waiting for an entire hour after ordering, they finally bring the wrong juice, wrong eggs, didn't bring the milk, had to ask for the bread had to ask for the fruit.. literally not even kidding.

I had to tell a manager because I was pissed. I know Mexican culture is a lot more laid back... but this was just not acceptable. They comped the breakfast but that wasn't even the point.

Still love the hotel though. Just don't expect much from the hotel restaurant lol
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:37 am

Wow !

so, the server had said he was going to pay for our meal. Not sure if he meant he was going to pay himself or the hotel was, but, the service was horrendous so I didn't care. I left after finishing breakfast.

I just came down to the pool. The waiter walks over with the check and says, I didn't bring any money to work so you will have to pay for your meal. We never did get one order of toast or the milk.

I am in shock I think. How ridiculous
Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:03 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
we are down the final stretch of the PB period...shall we start the guessing game for the next PB list

Love something in Thailand or Hong Kong
Old Jul 9, 2017, 1:56 am

I would strongly prefer that this thread be limited to the actual PB program, and exclude games or wishlists.
There's a huge Destinations section, where we can discuss travel ideas and fantasies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.