Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Customer Service has never heard of Flyer Talk

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass / ASmileageplan / AAdvantage / Amtrak / ChoiceRewards / etc.
IHG Customer Service has never heard of Flyer Talk

I just got off of the telephone. It seems that IHG Customer Service has never heard of Flyer Talk, nor has IHG Rewards Club.

I realize that it may have been just these individuals, but I wonder if members mentioned Flyer Talk forums every time we contact IHG Customer Service, someone may recognize it and follow these forums.

Probably, I am overly optimistic.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I am quite sure that marketing and digital teams at IHG know perfectly Flyertalk.

But there is poor reason to believe that staff at call centres know FT (and I must say, why should be?).

[the sad moment when you discover that our world is a terra incognita for many ]
Old Aug 27, 2016, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by live_in_a_suitcase
but I wonder if members mentioned Flyer Talk forums every time we contact IHG Customer Service, someone may recognize it and follow these forums.
No, those are the wrong people. IHG is a big organization, if anyone is going to follow TlyerTalk for them officially it'll probably be from their social media team, not people whose job it is to answer your phone call (and other phone calls all day).

The social media team is generally where the representatives of other hotel programs come from (in those cases where there are representatives from the hotel program officially on FlyerTalk).
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The IHG people who pay attention to FT are social media reps. They don't do anything related to your IHG Rewards Club account, they simply pass things along to the appropriate internal parties.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:05 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

The company represenatatives who are aware of Flyertalk are

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/ihg-service.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...wardsclub.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/ihgsteve.html
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Why does it matter whether they have or not? I'd rather they hadn't.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
+1 .
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Over the years, Thumper has been invited by the media team to meet with them regarding internet content and web site use. They are aware of FT, but not every employee there. Sort of like the odds of a gate agent knowing FT.

Very nice people, eager to learn from me what a typical experience was like to book on line and other short tasks.

The team was consistently blown away by the number of bugs, and work arounds developed by many of us to get any reliable results from the IHG web site. I was equally impressed with the total lack of any understanding they had for their customers.

My favorite part was always when you tried to log in and the survey screen would pop up and prevent you from logging in. Invariably, one of them would ask, "why does it do that?"
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Why on earth would a low-paid telephone agent know of, care about or discuss anything other than the matter at hand with a caller? They are also not trained in elevator repair, but there are building engineers at properties who are.

Those agents are there to book rooms, find missing stay credits and the like.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.