Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Accelerate 2016 promotion (June to August 2016) Non-US

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by lingua101
Another question. How to achieve this during stay in HIX?
HEX in UK usually have some quick snack options available in the evenings such as Pizzas etc

They also have a bar so you can buy drinks

Just make sure to get the items added to the room bill.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by blindman
HEX in UK usually have some quick snack options available in the evenings such as Pizzas etc

They also have a bar so you can buy drinks

Just make sure to get the items added to the room bill.
One tip in some HIX in the UK they have a deal with the local fast food companies.
They will order for you (some of them not all) and put a 3 pounds charge to make the order. (+ The cost of the meal of course.. )

I have in the past asked reception to order me a Pizza or curry, they place the order and put it on my bill for a 3 pounds tray charge. Then when it arrives they have plates and everything available for me in the great room to enjoy the meal. I then get the meal on the hotel bill and dont mind paying anyone 3 pounds for them to do it and they have the washing up afterwards..

Check with the friendly staff to see if they do that option as they dont normally advertise it openly.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Dazedwards
One tip in some HIX in the UK they have a deal with the local fast food companies.
They will order for you (some of them not all) and put a 3 pounds charge to make the order. (+ The cost of the meal of course.. )

I have in the past asked reception to order me a Pizza or curry, they place the order and put it on my bill for a 3 pounds tray charge. Then when it arrives they have plates and everything available for me in the great room to enjoy the meal. I then get the meal on the hotel bill and dont mind paying anyone 3 pounds for them to do it and they have the washing up afterwards..

Check with the friendly staff to see if they do that option as they dont normally advertise it openly.
Obviously they may have more than one deal with companies, but the HIX in Newcastle has the pizza deal and it comes up on the App after you have booked that you can get 10% discount through the hotel
Old Jul 20, 2016, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by BA038_Passenger
I need 3 stays outside my home country for the Globetrotter Bonus. Question: Do Hong Kong and China count as two separate countries? I've already stayed in Hong Kong, have a stay planned in China, and could do a quick mattress run in Malaysia to complete, but only if HK and China will count separately?
Now my Hong Kong stay has posted and it did indeed post as a separate country than China as I expected.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Thanks for confirming
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:00 am

Do the 72hr special summer sale rates count towards accelerate? Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:26 am
Company Representative - InterContinental Hotels

Programs: IHG Rewards Club
Originally Posted by dannyrado
Do the 72hr special summer sale rates count towards accelerate? Thanks.
Dear dannyrado,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

As long as the rate that you will book is a qualifying rate and will meet the criteria for a sub offer, it will be counted towards the Accelerate promotion.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Regards,

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService
Old Jul 29, 2016, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Can anybody confirm that the "your rate" plus bonus points will qualify for the "bonus point package" target. I'm pretty sure it should, but something about IHG IT makes me nervous about deviating from the most basic bonus point package offer...
Originally Posted by Saral
Yes I booked a Your Rate bonus point package and it qualified for the bonus point package in Accelerate
As I feared, a recent "Your Rate" bonus point package stay didn't properly trigger the "Bonus Point Package" target for me. IHG IT is such a nightmare!

Any IHG lurker care to get in touch and sort this out for me? I am more likely to cancel the rest of my IHG reservations this summer than call the Philippines for a never-ending series of misunderstandings...
Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Does anyone have any issues with using an app to book task? I have one that said use IHG App to book 2 stays and only 1 stay showed on my dashboard (both stays showed in other tasks completed on the dashboard already).

I used the app to book - and at check-in I saw the paper I signed had the IHG App on the commission field.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Does anyone have any issues with using an app to book task? I have one that said use IHG App to book 2 stays and only 1 stay showed on my dashboard (both stays showed in other tasks completed on the dashboard already).

I used the app to book - and at check-in I saw the paper I signed had the IHG App on the commission field.
it is almost normal that this task is posting with a delay. tough the last time the app task was posting together with the other tasks. In my experience the other tasks are visible on accelerator about one week after the stay posted, while the "book with app" can take 2-4 weeks. Its also confirmed by a conversation I recently had with IHG.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Yokdoc
it is almost normal that this task is posting with a delay. tough the last time the app task was posting together with the other tasks. In my experience the other tasks are visible on accelerator about one week after the stay posted, while the "book with app" can take 2-4 weeks. Its also confirmed by a conversation I recently had with IHG.
Thanks! Now it's on the dashboard, but no points posted. So I guess it will take another week before the I see the points in my IHG account?
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Thanks! Now it's on the dashboard, but no points posted. So I guess it will take another week before the I see the points in my IHG account?
yes, right. In average I got the points 4-7 days after they were visible on the dashboard.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dazedwards
If you need to redeem then the good old digital rewards have thrown out a nice one this time.
4 points only.
be quick before it goes... (the other one I found a 5 points if not available at the moment..)

John Lawton - Unholy Joy Ebook - 4 points only.
Just got mine
Did anybody find something similarly cheap recently?

I found "Demons, Dragons, Monsters and Mayhem" for 4 points in eBooks, but I get this when trying to buy it:

The title you selected is temporarily not available. Please try again later or choose an alternative title. Sorry for the inconvenience. No points have been deducted from your account.
All the other eBooks and eMagazines I've found start at 150 points.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I've found that my redemption (I booked two Pointbreaks nights) just simply didn't track. I think it's a duff task, this redemption one, because I've read loads of reports of it not tracking.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Any IHG lurker care to get in touch and sort this out for me?
Sigh... I finally send a PM and get a reply of: "your stay triggered "Stay More, Earn More" (the basic nights target) surprisingly soon but, trust us, within 2-3 weeks the other target will also trigger."

Why do lurkers from other hotel chains just get on with fixing things, while IHG's default response is "wait longer". I have never heard of a stay hitting somebody's Dashboard but triggering different targets at different times...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.