Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paul00
2016 Master Promo Wiki

Introduction & Disclaimer

This thread is supposed to focuse on those promotions, which are not general quartely promotions, but e.g. run by individual hotel, chains or regions.

We want to highlight, that you can only register for the promotion which you are targeted for. For further reference we would like to draw your attention to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ion-codes.html

Big Promotions

Accelerate 2016 Promotion
The main thread of this promotion is in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1731896-ihg-accelerate-2016-promotion.html

Special Promotions

List of hotel offering bonus points
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...X-MHR-BPP.html

Not always worth the extra money. But usually thise bonus points count as "qualification points".

Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan - until 31 March 2017

IHG is running a promotion for Visa Platinum/Signature/Infinite card holders staying in InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Indigo and Holiday Inn hotels in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan until 31 March 2017.

Book the Best Available Rate and receive a one category room upgrade and free breakfast (for up to 2 people).

For more information, visit http://www.ihg.com/hotels/cn/zh/glob...highendupgrade (available in Chinese only)

Russia

Citibank/Citi/Citigroup credit card holders receive a discount of 10% off the Best Available Rate at:
  • Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg Airport (until 31 May 2017 - for details, see http://www.citiworldprivileges.com/ru/offer-detail/73415/Crowne-Plaza-St-Petersburg-Airport/)
  • Holiday Inn St. Petersburg-Moskovskye Vorota (until 10 July 2018 - for details, see http://www.citiworldprivileges.com/ru/offer-detail/82909/Holiday-Inn-StPetersburg---Moskovskye-Vorota/)

Priceless Surprises Promotion

Open to USA residents only- A contest with a large number of prizes for either stays or mail in entries. Most entries will get 500 IHG points as a prize. Promotion ends on March 15, 2016.

Main FT thread here including much discussion on the Alternate Method of Entry process

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1721193-priceless-surprises-promotion.html#

IHG's Priceless Surprises sign up page:

https://pricelesssurprises.ihg.com/
Print Wikipost

Promotion Discussion Thread 2016

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 6:24 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

This is the thread for all discussions related to discussion about promotion which might run by IHG apart from the regular (quartely / general) promotions.

Major Promotions might get its own thread, smaller promotion limited to certain regions or hotels are added in this thread.

Most of you with a certain number of posts and member of flyertalk for a longer time can add these promotions to the wikipost aboive themself. If you are do not yet have the possibility or do not know how to add them, post them here and alert us via the report button (red triangle with !) and one of the moderators in this forum will add them.

If you have any question to the promotions, post it here and we are sure, you will get an answer.

Thank you

szg & FLYGVA
moderators IHG Forum

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 1, 2016 at 8:46 am
Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:07 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

IHG China Visa Platinum/Signature/Infinite promotion

IHG is running a promotion for Visa Platinum/Signature/Infinite card holders staying in InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Indigo and Holiday Inn hotels in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan until 31 March 2016.

Book the Best Available Rate and receive a one category room upgrade and free breakfast (for up to 2 people).

For more information, visit http://www.ihg.com/hotels/cn/zh/glob...highendupgrade (available in Chinese only)

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 1, 2016 at 8:47 am
Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paul00
IHG is running a promotion....
Thank you, I have added this promotion to the wikipost

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 1, 2016 at 8:49 am
Old Feb 23, 2016, 4:42 am

Does IHG run any promotion through Twitter, Facebook, ... to accumulate points?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 6:35 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Latest IHG promotion for stay at selected hotels in Greater China:
https://m.ihg.com/hotels/ihg/us/en/g...-AMBGCZH-_-CTA

Earn double points and enjoy free travel even faster.

From 1 January until 30 April 2016, book our ‘Double Bonus Package’ and stay at participating hotels in Greater China and you’ll earn double IHG® Rewards Club points (earn 20 points for every 1 dollar spent).

Terms & Conditions

Eligibility: Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member (“Member”) before staying in order to participate in this promotion.

Promotion Period: This promotion is valid for booking and staying between 1 January 2016 and 30 April 2016 (both dates inclusive).

Participating Hotels: All hotels listed on the dedicated campaign webpage.

Participating Airlines: China Eastern, China Southern, Hainan Airlines, PhoenixMiles and Asia Miles.

Promotional Offers: During the promotion period, eligible Members will earn double IHG® Rewards Club points (“Points”) or double participating airlines miles (“Miles”) for each qualifying stay (see below for details of the qualification requirements) at a participating hotel. Eligible Members who flying First Class or Business Class on participating airlines (must present boarding pass as a proof) on the day they check in at a participating hotel can receive a free upgrade to the next room category (not applicable to Holiday Inn Express hotels), including rooms on higher floors, corner rooms, newly decorated rooms or rooms with a special view as determined by the hotel at its sole discretion.

Qualifying Requirements: In addition to other requirements specified in these terms and conditions, participants of this promotion must also meet the following requirements:

(a) Participating Members must make their reservation via the official IHG website, or by calling each participant hotel or our reservation hotline 4008840888. Bookings must be made with the “Double Bonus Package” during the promotion period and for stays during the same period.

(b) Only one room per eligible Member per stay will be awarded the applicable bonus Points or miles. Bonus Points or miles are available only once to each eligible Member for each stay, regardless of the total number of reservations or amount of accommodation charges paid by the Member.

(c) A qualifying stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel. If a Member stays for consecutive nights, it will count as one stay regardless of frequency of check-in/out.

(d) Must be a miles collector with participating airlines in order to collect miles. Members who collect miles from airlines not participating in this promotion will collect Points as their bonus for this promotion. After receiving the Points, Members can choose to have them converted into the corresponding airline miles as per the IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions Link will open in new browser window..

(e) Room upgrade will be provided at check in and is subject to room availability. It is only available to Members who book and stay at the hotel, and cannot be transferred. Under no circumstances are participating hotels obligated to upgrade the Members to suites or rooms with special features.

(f) All airline program terms and conditions apply. Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for miles to be credited after checkout.

Other Rules:
(a) Room rates will be billed in local currency. Tax and service charges apply.
(b) It may take 6-8 weeks for bonus Points or miles to be credited into the eligible Member’s IHG® Rewards Club account.
(c) Any tax liability connected with aforementioned rewards is the responsibility of the Member.
(d) No Points will be awarded retroactively for stays prior to the effective date of the Member’s membership.
(e) If for any reason (including but not limited to force majeure) this promotion cannot be carried out as planned, the sponsor reserves the right to modify, cancel, suspend and/or terminate this promotion at its sole discretion.
(f) To the extent permitted by applicable laws, the sponsor reserves the right to modify the rules of this promotion at any time.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 3:13 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Share Forever Promo Back

registration April 12

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...promotion.html
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Stacking Promotions

I saw that someone (FLYGVA, was it you?) closed the old discussion thread on IHG closing accounts of some folks that stacked promotions in the past. I believe the thread was closed because the account closures weren't happening anymore due to IHG updating their systems to not allow folks who aren't targeted for a given promotion to sign up for it. Is my understanding correct?

With that said, is it no longer possible to attempt to sign up for the coded promotions as it had been in the past? Does IHG even still do those (I see that the website to enter the codes still exists, so the implication is that they do...)? Also, is there still possibly risk to trying to sign up for promotions that would seem to apply to my account but I'm not sure if I'm targeted for?

Thanks for insight.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 12:51 am

50% off award stays in Mexico and Carribian

I just saw it today that "Book from April 15th to May 2nd and receive 50% off Reward Nights at select resorts in Latin America and the Caribbean. Valid for stays from April 29th to June 12th, 2016." was not able to find any posts related to it in FT for 2016-missed them probably. however, good deal.
http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...Sale_MLAC.html
Old May 2, 2016, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Yarhead
I believe the thread was closed because the account closures weren't happening anymore due to IHG updating their systems to not allow folks who aren't targeted for a given promotion to sign up for it. Is my understanding correct?
The closing post in that thread says that "IHG is not able to determine who is eligible to sign up" for a promotion. I believe that the intention was to write now instead of not.
Old May 3, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: AerClub Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold, Hhonors Silver, IHG Spire Elite, Hotels.com Gold, BA blue
Really liked the Accelerate 2016 offer this year. Completed all mine which worked in keeping me away from fully fledged Hilton loyalty.

Heading back to Hilton now though as they've extended their double points on all stays until Aug 31st.
Hopefully we'll hear something soon from IHG to match/combat this.
Old May 3, 2016, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

I saw that someone (FLYGVA, was it you?) closed the old discussion thread on IHG closing accounts of some folks that stacked promotions in the past. I believe the thread was closed because the account closures weren't happening anymore due to IHG updating their systems to not allow folks who aren't targeted for a given promotion to sign up for it. Is my understanding correct?

With that said, is it no longer possible to attempt to sign up for the coded promotions as it had been in the past? Does IHG even still do those (I see that the website to enter the codes still exists, so the implication is that they do...)? Also, is there still possibly risk to trying to sign up for promotions that would seem to apply to my account but I'm not sure if I'm targeted for?

Thanks for insight.
Sorry for the delayed answer to your question, but I have been on business trips and missed your question. Yes, this was me, who closed this thread. To sum this long thread up, that if you sign up for promotions your are not targetted for, you risk of losing your points. But I do not want to start this discussion again ...

Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer
The closing post in that thread says that "IHG is not able to determine who is eligible to sign up" for a promotion. I believe that the intention was to write now instead of not.
Ups, you are right. Thank you. I have corrected the post.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old May 3, 2016, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Also, is there still possibly risk to trying to sign up for promotions that would seem to apply to my account but I'm not sure if I'm targeted for?
Well, there's just a bunch of code going to work when you enter something on that web page. Who knows how much testing they did (had budget for)?

The code might well still allow you to enter some promo codes you shouldn't be entering. But if you have lots of points in your account and/or a status you like, you probably shouldn't.
Old May 21, 2016, 11:40 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
10 Year Anniversary Promotion

Just received this offer.

We’re excited to celebrate your 10th year as a member in IHG’s award-winning loyalty programme. We want to reward your loyalty by giving you 1,000 bonus points every time you stay with us within the next 90 days. It’s been a real honor serving you and we look forward to making travel more rewarding in the years ahead.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 9:44 pm

quick question, does reward nights(redeem points) and/or chase free night account towards the stay for these target offer based on how many nights you stay. Sorry that the question is very entry level.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Those "free" stays count towards elite status, but almost never towards any promotion requirements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.