Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak - scheduled to open July 2017 (pre-opening Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak - scheduled to open July 2017 (pre-opening Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:07 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by boonkoh
My two cents is that having pushed the opening to December, they'll do all they can to meet it. Why? They want to take bookings for the Christmas and New Year's period and rake in the cash. And if they have to push the opening further.... there won't be many places in Bali for them to push those cancelled bookings to over that festive period.
Huh? Bali full over Christmas and New year's? It is rainy around that time and while I agree that hotels will try to declare those days "special" and charge for it, the island will be far from booked out if my experience from the last 15 years of going there is not totally off. YMMV

Aa far as the Indigo opening goes, I would have a backup in place. Again, the hotel certainly wants to open, but may not be able to. Permits, fire codes, issues with finishes, etc all can happen even in places like Europe or the US and in Indonesia, we'll, nothing is guaranteed.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:13 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
"Our resort is currently ongoing construction and scheduled to open in early of January next year."

Received from their correspondence today. No news or update about my December bookings yet.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:31 pm

Nothing here either regarding our booking in December.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well ... I told you so But honestly, you shouldn't bank on this hotel opening on time. I would only consider this property for a stay after it has actually been open for a few weeks. YMMV
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:53 am

They're still taking bookings from 1st Dec on their website!
Old Sep 11, 2016, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I'd certainly never blow 30k for an Indigo in Bali. This hotel will be at $100-140 once it's been open a few months. Even 40k for the IC is a stretch.

The market in Bali is so overbuilt, with more hotels opening every month.

The first HIX in Kuta isn't bad. The newer one is pretty bad. Even at $32 I'd choose somewhere else, or just check in for points.

The Hilton Garden Inn has cheap points options, but is next to the airport.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 11:06 pm

The IC for 40k points can be okay value during high season. I was there in Aug and Classic rooms were going for 285$++ (21%) so roughly 345$, given the 10% AMB redemption discount I get this was worth the points.

The current prices the Indigo is asking are ridiculous (in the 300$ range) and I agree that they will never stick.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
They're still taking bookings from 1st Dec on their website!
As of today, December bookings are no longer available. First date is now Jan 1. Oddly enough their site still says they are opening Dec 1...
Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Hotel Opening Offer at 25% off

https://www.ihg.com/hotelindigo/hote...in/hoteldetail
Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by simchi
As of today, December bookings are no longer available. First date is now Jan 1. Oddly enough their site still says they are opening Dec 1...
Oh dear doesn't look good for my booking although I haven't as yet heard anything from them!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
25% off $300++ a night? Not much of a deal.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:53 am

The thread title needs to be amended again - from the hotel website -

"The Hotel Indigo Bali Seminyak Beach is now accepting reservations for stays beginning June 01, 2017. Take advantage of our Hotel Opening Offer at 25% off. Rate includes accomomodation and breakfast for 2 adults per night. Book your stay directly with us to get the best available rates."

I had a booking for 1st Dec until 2 days ago when I phoned to ask about it - they couldn't work out why my booking could have been made when the hotel isn't going to be open - I had to give them the history of it! Before that I could see availability from 1st Jan but when I look now it's not available until June - anyone holding a booking before then? If so have a look back through the thread - 40,000 points refunded instead of the 30,000 used to enable booking a reward night at the IC!
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:32 pm

Well guys, I told you to be very careful when making big vacation plans that rely on the on time opening of a hotel, especially in places like Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.

The 40k is at least a decent gesture and anyone who decides to stay at the IC won't be disappointed I would think.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 4:36 am

So far the 40,000 is only one report so you may have to fight for it! I agree that the IC is very nice especially in the Club section (as an RA) - we have stayed a few times but this time I was hoping to add in a few days in Seminyak to our Ubud and Jimbaran stays. And Indigo hotels are generally very nice with a boutique feel. Oh well - will have to try it next time!
Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: hilton, hyatt, ihg, accor, best western, marriott, starwood
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Good news. Let's wait and see if that really happens. Over the last years, IHG announced multiple properties in Bali, including two ICs, which eventually never opened...
I have been waiting for the IC Phuket that was previously Evason to open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.