Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Free Nights" missing from account

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i called about missing nights from ITN, and Manila told me not to worry, they can see them on their end, they also said the reservations have to be made by Dec 31st, stay can be beyond Dec 31st.
But I checked a few hotels and I was only able to see availability until the end of December 2015. There was zero availability on 2016 for me.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:55 pm

Why must everything be so difficult?

My ITN free night have disappeared again. I tried the language trick, and they didn't reappear, AND I got stuck in Spanish. The option to change language was grayed out. I tried the Intercontinental link that was posted. Clicking on my account link there changed my ihg.com language back to English but my remaining ITN night still shows as void.

I guess it's a good thing I'm not trying to book my free night today. I guess it's also a good thing I wasn't actually trying to switch the language to Spanish.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: Herz PC, Gold Starwood, Platinum Holiday Inn
mine is gone to. called IHG club , they will convert the free nights to point so you can book a stay. good way to extend the expiry date (Dec 31)
then cancel the stay points will come back ;-)
Just choose a 50000/night hotel ;-)
Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:02 pm

I had similar experience this week. I cancelled a reservation I had made with the Free Night but the Free Night did not return to my account. Contacted IHG and they said they can see it but I need to make a booking via LiveChat or phone. Tried LiveChat but the person could not find the Free Night. Called in and in two minutes I had the Free Night converted to 50000 points. Not complaining.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I was told that they can see them there still available to use through the end of the year. I would have to know my dates and destination and then call them to have an agent do it based on which properties may be available. UGH!
Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, AA Plat. Pro
Mine disappeared too. I still have my Visa free night in there though. Ugh. I hate having to call to book.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: MR Plat, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA Silver
"Free Nights" missing from account

After reading this I called in and they confirmed there is a bug in their system not allowing those free nights to be booked or seen on the customer side. I was able to book 2 nights over the phone but the service rep just deposited the required amount of points for the free night reservation. Then if i change my plans i can cancel and the points will be redeposited in my account so I can rebook my stay.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Last I looked the availability for these was SO limited that one would be lucky to get a 35K (CP) room, let alone a 50K (IC) one.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Last I looked the availability for these was SO limited that one would be lucky to get a 35K (CP) room, let alone a 50K (IC) one.
The availability is exactly the same as for reward nights.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by cba13
After reading this I called in and they confirmed there is a bug in their system not allowing those free nights to be booked or seen on the customer side. I was able to book 2 nights over the phone but the service rep just deposited the required amount of points for the free night reservation. Then if i change my plans i can cancel and the points will be redeposited in my account so I can rebook my stay.
I just called IHG customer service as my nights also disappeared. The nights are showing up on their systems, so they are no longer converting to points and booking in that way. Now, you have to call in to book your free nights on the phone. I explained that this was a completely unacceptable workaround, since it's obviously much less convenient to book by phone. We'll see if the policy changes again. The systems are a mess.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, AA Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
The direct link for checking one's Free Night Status used to be:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/us/e...e-night-status

But this leads (currently) only to the account homepage. The IHG agent I just spoke with was unable to tell if/when the feature would be available again.

-pilluelo
Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Just booked using the live chat and got a normal "free night" redemption it seems.

Rate Type: Into the Night Free Night
Rate Rules: COUPON/VOUCHER REQUIRED

So the points conversion trick is likely not to work anymore
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA*S A3*G TK *G EY G AA G RJ Gold IHG Spire Amb HH DIamond Marriott Gold BW DIAMOND SELECT
online rate code IVITN

if you are able to enter the rate code IVITN you can book online without going through the Rewards line which is 800-421-5162
Old Nov 13, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by flyinhy
if you are able to enter the rate code IVITN you can book online without going through the Rewards line which is 800-421-5162
I can't get the rate code to work, when I try to book a room it gives an error.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
It is aggravating that they won't fix this, or better stated I think it is quite possible this was intentional. What better way to make sure a lot of the free nights don't get consumed by hiding them from their customers. I would venture a guess a lot of non-FT IHG members are probably "out of sight out of mind" with the free nights and don't even realize they have them anymore. It is a great tactic by IHG to wipe these free nights, as much as possible, under the rug. Surely they could fix this if they wanted to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.