Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting BRG Converstation

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond

I made a BRG claim for a hotel near JFK... Twice in a row I was told that the cheaper rate was not available which is total BS. Finally calling them on it a third time they approved it... Now a day prior to arrival I am told that they will not adjust the rate, and I will have to wait 6 weeks for a check.. No problem with that as I know how the program works.. Nonetheless how can the hotel tell IHG that they will charge me the full rate.. I know that in the end they will get billed.. Also it seems that the office at random times just denies valid claims just to try and get people to take it.. Not a cool practice at all...
Old May 24, 2015, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by ryan754
I made a BRG claim for a hotel near JFK... Twice in a row I was told that the cheaper rate was not available which is total BS. Finally calling them on it a third time they approved it... Now a day prior to arrival I am told that they will not adjust the rate, and I will have to wait 6 weeks for a check.. No problem with that as I know how the program works.. Nonetheless how can the hotel tell IHG that they will charge me the full rate.. I know that in the end they will get billed.. Also it seems that the office at random times just denies valid claims just to try and get people to take it.. Not a cool practice at all...
From my understanding, hotels that are independently owned and operated under the IHG name don't have to accept the BRG rate adjustment.

Also, this thread will most likely (or should) be merged with this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...-feedback.html
Old May 24, 2015, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Be happy - this way you get full points and credit for the stay, and all your money back!

I had the same situation at Le Grand in Paris last year - which is amusing, since IHG owns that hotel outright but it still would not agree to adjust the rate!
Old May 24, 2015, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by Raffles
Be happy - this way you get full points and credit for the stay, and all your money back!

I had the same situation at Le Grand in Paris last year - which is amusing, since IHG owns that hotel outright but it still would not agree to adjust the rate!
Of course this is great.. Sadly no promos until a week later I just can't understand why a hotel won't cooperate.. Also the BRG desk denying a perfectly valid claim, and outright lying several times. Anyway I'm just hoping that this well overpriced CP will give me breakfast in the morning lol
Old May 25, 2015, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat

Or you may wait 12 weeks and send numerous chasers and have to sue them for reimbursement as I did last year.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:52 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5

It has happened to me at park lane once too, i doubt they declined it maybe it actually was a "technicality".
Old May 25, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ryan754
Of course this is great.. Sadly no promos until a week later I just can't understand why a hotel won't cooperate.. Also the BRG desk denying a perfectly valid claim, and outright lying several times. Anyway I'm just hoping that this well overpriced CP will give me breakfast in the morning lol
Cost, consider how many make a fuss, when declined, and how many they save having to pay/provide the service, like insurance companies knocking back valid claims.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 8:07 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

This happened to me once, IC Times Square, peak season. $800 OOP , but then again, $800 worth of points was nice;-)

The check did come in a timely manner.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:54 am

Programs: IHG Pl. Amb / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold /FB Gold / M&M SEN
Same for me IC Amstel - 685 EUR (so quite a heavy sum) - 5 weeks and counting and no money from IHG (and I have sent them countless messages)
The stay posted as non-qualifying by the way - even though I paid for the room 'normally',
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by diederik
The stay posted as non-qualifying by the way - even though I paid for the room 'normally',
This is disgraceful IMO. If you have to pay upfront they should award points.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: IHG Pl. Amb / Accor Gold / Hilton Gold /FB Gold / M&M SEN
Agreed, but right now more concerned in getting my money back from them - they're a nightmare to deal with.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by diederik
Same for me IC Amstel - 685 EUR (so quite a heavy sum) - 5 weeks and counting and no money from IHG (and I have sent them countless messages)
call up have it adjusted.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
What is the process to have a BRG compensated, if one has to pay out of pocket because the hotel refused to adjust?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by Miami305
What is the process to have a BRG compensated, if one has to pay out of pocket because the hotel refused to adjust?
Ideally they'll send you a check in the mail within four to six weeks. I've had them come in just two or three, and also had them take the entire six or slightly more. I've never had any issues, and never even needed to contact IHG to get things rolling. Sadly though, not everyone seems to be so lucky, with many users reporting they've had to follow up multiple times to get a check cut, and a few people even having to resort to civil claims.

In the end, I think the likelihood of problems are extremely low. But if you're not able to float the cost for at least a payment cycle and potentially even eat the loss, it's worth considering the risks.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:00 am

In the end, I think the likelihood of problems are extremely low. But if you're not able to float the cost for at least a payment cycle and potentially even eat the loss, it's worth considering the risks.
well said

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.