Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG Share Forever Summer Promotion - 5/1/15 - 9/7/15 (Americas only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Share Forever Summer Promotion - 5/1/15 - 9/7/15 (Americas only)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Has anyone else NOT gotten any emails about this yet?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:44 am

I have not received emails about this yet.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:31 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
I didn't get email about it but I just registered any ways.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: Amex Plat; IHG Spire Elite; AZ Freccia Alata, SPG Gold; ClubCarlson Gold; Accor Plat; BA Bronze.
So, I live in the UK... I clicked the link... I logged on...

And it automatically signed me up. But T&C specify Americas only.

Have I just signed up for something to which I'm not entitled? Will this preclude me from any EU offers?

I don't think I can de-register.

Oh, dear.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
12 nights for 12,000 points...77.5K total for 20 nights over goal. Doubt I'll make 32 (more) nights.

Also, from the T&C:

4.9. Program Participant only receives credit for Qualified Hotel Night Stays occurring after he/she becomes a Program Participant. Qualified Hotel Night Stays occurring during the Offer Period but prior to registration in the Program will not count toward completion of an Offer.
Looks like we'll have to cancel and rebook.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:04 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
Originally Posted by FonzieBone

Also, from the T&C:

4.9. Program Participant only receives credit for Qualified Hotel Night Stays occurring after he/she becomes a Program Participant. Qualified Hotel Night Stays occurring during the Offer Period but prior to registration in the Program will not count toward completion of an Offer.

Looks like we'll have to cancel and rebook.
No. What that discusses are eg. stays after May 1st and registration for the offer after the stay is over. Reservation dates are irrelevent...
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
Originally Posted by tylerc
+ 1
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:42 am
Company Representative, Intercontinental Hotels

Programs: IHG Rewards Club
Originally Posted by SEAfarer
Have we figured out whether bookings prior to April 21 registration will count? Or need to cancel & rebook?
No need to rebook. Just be sure to register for Share Forever before your stays and you should be all set.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:43 am
Company Representative, Intercontinental Hotels

Programs: IHG Rewards Club
Originally Posted by tylerc
You should sometime today. Feel free to send me a PM if you still haven't gotten yours by tomorrow morning.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IflyfromABE
No. What that discusses are eg. stays after May 1st and registration for the offer after the stay is over. Reservation dates are irrelevent...
Actually, the above -- which I detailed in my initial post Fonzie Bone!!! -- reiterates that in order for one to get credit for a stay, one must be first registered for the promotion before that stay -- no registering afterwards for a stay that occurred during the promotion period and would otherwise have counted -- you must first be registered for the promotion before you make the stay, so IflyABE is correct that it has nothing to do with when the reservation was made!

However, I do want to repeat that there was language in the rules that your rewards number must be associated at the time of BOOKING the reservation for the stay to count.

This seems to me a bit something new, so if you do have a pre-existing reservation without a rewards number, then I would cancel that reservation and make a new reservation with the number -- and I do not know nor likely anyone does whether if you don't do this whether the stay will count. The rules state no, but anything is possible and as I noted earlier, the IHG IT system just may not be sophisticated enough to notice this, but we just don't know and the better procedure is to have your rewards number available when making the reservation. Anyway, I think this latter rule will most likely impact phone bookings made without the IHG Rewards number.............
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
This one sounds pretty decent to me. Summer promotions are never going to be as good as 1Q ones and their lower occupancy rates in many places, and the simplicity is refreshing after a few rounds of 'must book a weekend stay using the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast at an Even Hotel' the last big promotions have had.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Mea culpa. I clearly need to have my coffee before posting.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:12 pm

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Promos getting progressively lame for this RA

My goal is 28 nights for 28k. 38 nights needed for a free night. I'm not going out of my way for this one. As much as I love RA, I think SPG is going to be getting a lot of my summer business (or maybe Ritz, if they bring back their free night promo).
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Does the person receiving shared points have their expiration clock (see recent program rule changes) reset because it counts as account activity? Seems like it should but I want to be sure.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FonzieBone
Mea culpa. I clearly need to have my coffee before posting.
As do we all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.