Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHG Share Forever Summer Promotion - 5/1/15 - 9/7/15 (Americas only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Share Forever Summer Promotion - 5/1/15 - 9/7/15 (Americas only)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Patriot_RAM
My final promotional stay posted to my shareforever site, which reached the 25,000 / 25,000 threshold. I shared the 25,000 points with a friend the same day, which was September 15. Neither of the 25,000 point bonuses has posted to either of our accounts. I don't remember the previous bonuses taking this long to post.

Can any of you offer any insight to the time required for the bonus points to post to the main account?

Thanks!
Shared with someone a few days before 9/15, still waiting for them to post to the account.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 6:12 am
alc

data point

finally got my points for the "Share Forever Reward" this morning. last stay toward this promo was check-out on Sept 4th and posted on Sept 8th.

for the "Share Forever Friend Reward" that I shared with myself, they were posted in 4 days. email was rec'd within a few minutes. Request the share on Sept 11th and posted on Sept 15th
Old Sep 25, 2015, 11:24 am

Hi all,
I stayed at a Staybridge from July 5 - September 12 for a total of 69 nights. Now I know that not all the nights count toward the promotion as a few of the nights were after the promotion ended. My regular base points have posted as of September 16. However, when I contacted IHG about the lack of Share Forever promotion points posting so far, I received a response telling me to wait 30 days for them to post from the September 16 date -- and if they don't post, then contact them again.

Now, my concern is this will put me almost up to the cutoff date to share the rewards. I know others have been having issues "accepting" the rewards (especially when shared with yourself).

Does this length of time seem normal for the promotion points to not post? It has been two weeks since I have checked out. Thanks for any insight. I haven't dealt much with IHG (more of a Hilton gal myself) so I don't know what's normal for them.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
I had the same problem with sharing, 3 times. I tried requesting points through the 'missing points' link. They saw that I had received pts from someone else, so they said I was able to share. I tried to explain more patiently that my problem is sharing, not receiving, but never heard back. Fun stuff.
Old Sep 27, 2015, 3:15 am

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
My last check-out was 9/7 with a four night stay (9/3 - 9/7) - I accepted the offer (25000 points) but I was still unable to see points posted. It has been almost 20 days... start to get concerned...

Anyone has the same situation? Thanks!
Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:31 am

Programs: AB Platinum (AB4EVA), IHG Diamond, Dominos Gold
Originally Posted by Tommys888
It has been almost 20 days... start to get concerned...

I checked out 9/3
(Regular) Stay posted 9/7 (+4 days)
Dashboard Updated 9/14 (+7 days /11 total)
Reward Posted 9/24 (+10 days / 21 total)
Shared Reward (accepted on 9/14) did not post yet.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:06 am

My last check-out was 9/7 with a four night stay (9/3 - 9/7) - I accepted the offer (25000 points) but I was still unable to see points posted. It has been almost 20 days... start to get concerned...

Same basic situation here. If I don't see my 25k or my friend's 25k post by the end of next week, I'm going to contact customer service. I think they run these in batches, and that most of the September transactions simply haven't been processed yet.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive

Same situation here, mine have not posted yet either.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, LH SEN, TB Emerald
wrong promotion

Last edited by maxbluebrosche; Oct 2, 2015 at 11:14 am
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: AB Platinum (AB4EVA), IHG Diamond, Dominos Gold
Originally Posted by raph
(...)
Shared Reward (accepted on 9/14) did not post yet.
Still nothing (now 23 days since accepting)...
Anyone else?
Time to contact customer service?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Anyone else?
21 days since accepting for me, and not posted yet.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:08 am

Anyone else?
Same here... wonder if they are waiting to post them in bulk later this month.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Anyone else?
mine were accepted Sept 14th, i called Manila last week, spoke with a supervisor, and they manually deposited the points.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:03 pm

I called today and the agent took down some notes and said it would be 3-5 business days before I would get a response back about the missing points.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by LucWise
I called today and the agent took down some notes and said it would be 3-5 business days before I would get a response back about the missing points.
as we all know, it's the luck of the draw with IHG, it can be hit or miss depending on who you speak with, if you ask for a supervisor in Manila,you shld be able to get them, they gave me mine readily, without too much persuasion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.