Community
Wiki Posts
Search

do you need to present the booking CC on a prepaid stay?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

do you need to present the booking CC on a prepaid stay?

I've never done this so in not sure but I'm about to book a prepaid stay in May with a card I won't have by the time I actually arrive.

Do you need to present the same card or will I be ok with another? As I said above, I've never not had the same card on me so it will be a first for me.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You should be fine with any CC. The room is paid for. The CC is for incidentals (and damage).
Old Mar 26, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by pumpkinstew
I've never done this so in not sure but I'm about to book a prepaid stay in May with a card I won't have by the time I actually arrive.

Do you need to present the same card or will I be ok with another? As I said above, I've never not had the same card on me so it will be a first for me.
If you have the renewed card with same card number but updated expiry date then no the replacemennt card is equally valid. If no new replacement CC card then theoretically yes, as hotels may want to be sure it was indeed your own card used.

However I sometimes book rooms prepaid for others and in such situations the primary guests name is different from me the CC payer and hotels do not seem to have issues

Seems reverse from Airline tickets where if I DO NOT tick box "card holder is traveling too" then I have to fill in online forms etc. Even when I fly eg BA I have to show my CC card used at booking time at checkin
Old Mar 26, 2015, 8:29 pm

No issue. I always do this, the card at check in is just for extras.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:07 am

Same here. Never was asked for the original CC.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Will not be a problem whatsoever. One card can pre-pay for a room and another can be presented on check-in. I have never been asked for the original card used to pre-pay at any hotel anywhere.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.