Search

IC Manila Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2009, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thumbs up IC Manila Master Thread

Hi Folks,

Here's a link to a trip report I wrote about my stay at the InterContinental Manila. Overall I had a fantastic stay and thought they were great with RA benefits.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 8:39 am

One think I didn't like of the IC Manila is the ban for children under 12 after 19:00. I was there with my just adopted baby and was frustrating.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 9:55 am

I had a very average stay last week.

The location of the hotel is great and I though my Club Intercontinental room was nice although the old style TV are pretty out of place in an IC these days.

I was very disappointed by the Club lounge however. It the feel of a place that has just gone through some major cost cutting. The food at cocktail hour and afternoon was OK but there was not really enough for the number of guests.

I was also very surprised that champagne is no longer served. The service was pretty offhand as well.

I stayed in a club room at the LM KL the week before, and it was far better than the IC Manila. This was a surprise for me as I think of the IC as being a cut above LM or Sheraton.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 8:54 am

Programs: BD*G, Priorityclub Platinum Royal Ambassador
I think you must have caught them on an off week camsean, I just returned from a week at the IC Manila and everything was excellent as usual. You'll be glad to know the champagne is back, and as well as serving hot dishes from 6-8pm, they now serve cold canapes as well!

Breakfast was, as always, superb, with delicious eggs benedict
Old Sep 8, 2009, 5:12 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Star Alliance, PC Plat Amb, Delta
Looking forward to it

Thanks so much for your great review Lucky. We normally stay at the CP in Ortigas but will be trying the IC Makati for an overnighter this time around.

Was it difficult to get a cab from the airport or would it be worth booking a hotel transfer for about $40 ++?
Old Sep 8, 2009, 6:56 am

Poor me to miss out on the Champers. I did specifically ask and was told 'no'.

Hi bmttokyo, are very easy to catch outside the hotel. There is a very busy rank to the left of the main entrance out SM department store. My fare on the meter was P 100.

I can't think of any possible reason to pay $40 for a transfer.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bmttokyo
Was it difficult to get a cab from the airport or would it be worth booking a hotel transfer for about $40 ++?
Even from the airport it was very simple, not to mention cheap. I wouldn't book a transfer for $40.

Enjoy your stay!
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Even from the airport it was very simple, not to mention cheap. I wouldn't book a transfer for $40.

Enjoy your stay!
Thank you both !
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
If you take the airport taxi you won't even have to cross the street after exiting customs. And they use a meter.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 3:38 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
$75 -- Luxurious Philippines Hotel Through December*
Unbeatable deals at our hotels in these featured cities

This week, check out these featured destinations in The Philippines – Manila and Clark Field. Don’t miss out on these exclusive offers – book your next getaway at any of our participating InterContinental, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn hotels in these cities and stay anytime between 14 September and 31 December 2009.

To take advantage of this limited time offer, simply make a booking online at any of the participating hotels listed below before the sale ends at 23:59 (GMT +8) on 18 September 2009. Or call your nearest Or call your nearest Reservation Office and quote “Great Asia on Sale”.

This limited-time sale ends Friday.

Available for stays Sep. 19 through Dec. 31.

How to book: To make your booking online with Intercontinental Manila, click below. Rates will be quoted in local currency and will display as PHP 3600 per night. The rate has been converted into US dollars using xe.com 9/14/09.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/...3DaySale_Apr09
Old Sep 15, 2009, 7:23 pm

Thanks for the tip Kalboz

deleted

Last edited by bmttokyo; Mar 3, 2010 at 12:39 am
Old Jan 6, 2010, 4:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
good location, good service, nice upgrade as amb:-)
Old Jan 10, 2010, 7:50 am

Found an official taxi that took all 5 of us with all our luggage for P330. Arrived on a very quiet Christmas Eve- we had booked a Club room & got a room only upgrade for the kids to the Club Floor. Kids room was a free night redemption, ours was a special Asia rate - really good price.

Christmas Eve dinner a la carte at 10:30 PM was nothing special. Quite disappointed actually- glad we did not do the Christmas Buffet with that quality of food.

Club room was old but spacious, seriously looking its age, very old clunky TV. Did not bother to call for additional toiletries that was lacking. Had comp wifi, fruit, water & welcome letter in room.

Christmas Day breakfast at the Club Lounge was a whole lot better than dinner. Had made to order Bibingka delivered from the coffee shop & mangoes from the kitchen as well. Server was very attentive.

Asia sale prices were the clincher plus the free night redemption - can't beat that deal.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 3:32 am

At those prices I wouldn't even have minded the lack of champagne .
Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Here's what the hotel told me about RA upgrades:
Code:
If he/she books a:                              Upgrade will be:

DELUXE ROOM                                     JUNIOR SUITE

EXECUTIVE ROOM                                  PREMIER SUITE

JUNIOR SUITE                                    EXECUTIVE SUITE

PREMIER SUITE**                                 STATE SUITE

EXECUTIVE SUITE                                 PRESIDENTIAL SUITE
I booked the F&F rate for an Executive Suite, ~ US$170...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.