Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CP Wiesbaden will be rebranded as of June 4th

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:50 am
Original Poster

CP Wiesbaden will be rebranded as of June 4th

Crowne Plaza Wiesbaden will be rebranded to a Mercure hotel as of June 4th 2015. So no more IHG hotels in this area (Wiesbaden / Mainz)
Old Jun 30, 2015, 5:50 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Man, that really sucks. That was a great property.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
IHG is losing position in Germany.

(and is still poor in Italy, Spain).
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:18 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Never mind -- just saw that the original post is from January...
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:00 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Originally Posted by nicolas75
IHG is losing position in Germany.

(and is still poor in Italy, Spain).
Any particular reason that comes to mind? Being based in Germany, I'm not exactly thrilled. And with some exceptions, I notice that many of their "city center" properties are actually outside the center proper (Munich comes to mind).
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by FonzieBone
Any particular reason that comes to mind? Being based in Germany, I'm not exactly thrilled. And with some exceptions, I notice that many of their "city center" properties are actually outside the center proper (Munich comes to mind).
Competition from Accor and Dorint?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Ex. PLT, Delta Diamond
Did they re-model the building or did they just rename the hotel. I stayed at this hotel when it was Crowne Plaza and it was in a great location and very nice German Hotel. I am planning on staying at the Mercure Hotel Wiesbaden City (new name) and wondering if anyone has an opinion on the new hotel vice the old hotel (Crowne Plaza)
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:13 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by jww947
Did they re-model the building or did they just rename the hotel. I stayed at this hotel when it was Crowne Plaza and it was in a great location and very nice German Hotel. I am planning on staying at the Mercure Hotel Wiesbaden City (new name) and wondering if anyone has an opinion on the new hotel vice the old hotel (Crowne Plaza)
Maybe you should ask this question at the AccorHotels Forum?

I will leave this thread open for a few days, but will close it, as this hotel is no longer an CP.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:20 am

There was no remodel, they just switched out the signs/branding. I drive by there almost daily. It's still a nice hotel, wish it was still CP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.