Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Pointbreaks discussion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: WN A-list CP, IHG plat, Hyatt plat, United Silver, Hilton Gold
Booked 5 nights so far! Indy airport and Bloomington, IN candlewood. Far from the highest end properties, but saving me quite a bit of cash!
gadberry likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: VA Silver
Hi, has anyone stayed at the IC Phnomh Penh and could give me some advice of the quality?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
Has anyone stayed at the Colombia properties on the list?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
I'm not Chinese FYI.
I was asking this because in previous PB was a rumour of chinese programmed robots booking large quantities and Im curious if these are still active.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by dansyd
Hi, has anyone stayed at the IC Phnomh Penh and could give me some advice of the quality?
A message immediately above yours, posted 6 minutes earlier, addresses your request.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24423265-post251.html

In short, the Ritz it ain't, but it's a perfectly nice hotel in a lousy location.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:40 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Moderator Note:

We received a couple of reports regarding the recent discussion about IC Phnom Penh.

I will leave - for now ! - the discussion about Cambodia and the IC Phnom Penh in this thread. I will move them in a couple of days to the IC Phnom Penh thread, which was highlighted in this thread.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Feb 28, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
The HI Mexico Coyoacan is available on Pointsbreak for 5k points and they opened up all suites for booking as well. This includes the Jacuzzi suites and the 2 double bed suites.

Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: IHG, M&M, FB, Avios, ALL, etc.
Originally Posted by veeRob
Has anyone stayed at the Colombia properties on the list?
I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza Bogotá Tequendama (not the Suites one on PB), but it's next door, it has the same type of architecture, and I wouldn't be surprised if it also shared the management. The hotel is tired and old-fashioned, but not bad, and I got upgraded to a Club room with lounge access (Plat, paid stay).

It's in the old financial centre, within walking distance (15-20 minutes) of the cathedral. The area looks safe, with some shops and restaurants, but my customers in Bogotá advised me to avoid it, especially when it gets dark, and to stay in the new "happening" area, where the price of the HIX is similar to that of both these CPs.

If you're planning a tourist stay, I don't think it's a bad place, but you may need to take taxis most of the time.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:09 am

The Bogota Tequendama gave me the upgrade on a PB, and the lounge access, which is in the other building across a shopping mall walk. I'd recommend the 7th Ave. walk to the historic center. Only in daytime.

The HIX is my go to location, with PB more often than the IC does. The HIX has friendly people working there, is in the safest area, and offers some good paid discounts, especially for weekends, which I've combined with PB stays to make a long visit.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:24 pm

Sigh. Not much in Europe on the renewed list. Oh well.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by highlanderfil
Sigh. Not much in Europe on the renewed list. Oh well.
Not much, but I was happy to find at least one that really helps me save some dough.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:23 am

Lhasa Visa anyone?

Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
Yep its a bit complicated. Been contacting various tour operators. Prices are not cheap if you want to do anything besides hanging out in Lhasa.
So have your sorted out your visa? Or any others pls? Am I allowed to book my own hotel even if join a tour daily?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:45 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
Moderator Note:

We received a couple of reports regarding the recent discussion about IC Phnom Penh.

I will leave - for now ! - the discussion about Cambodia and the IC Phnom Penh in this thread. I will move them in a couple of days to the IC Phnom Penh thread, which was highlighted in this thread.

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Following up my own post: The discussion not merely focused on the pointbreak aspect of the IC Phom Penh have been moved to the thread about this property http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...er-thread.html

Thank youz

FLYGVA
co-moderator IHG Forum
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:42 am

Looks like the Fraser/Winter Park Holiday Inn got pulled off the PointBreak list... disappointing to see, does this happen much with hotels getting taken off the list?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by wille5az
Looks like the Fraser/Winter Park Holiday Inn got pulled off the PointBreak list... disappointing to see, does this happen much with hotels getting taken off the list?
All the time. Hotels sell out their quota of pointsbreaks. Sometimes within hours of going live. By the end of the three months, only about a quarter or fifth of hotels are left and usually the least desirable ones.

If you see something you want, book it before it goes. It is always free to cancel and you get your points back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.