Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 25, 2014, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: swag
Set Your Sights promo 2015

Promo website: https://setyoursights.ihg.com

Promo Terms and Conditions: https://setyoursights.ihg.com/amer/us/en/terms/index

Dates: 1 January 2015 and 30 April 2015 (both dates inclusive)

FAQ:

What stays and nights qualify?

Q. If I book a stay using IHG points, does that count as a "stay" or "night" towards my offers?
A. No.

Q. If I book a stay using a cash and points rate, does that count as a "stay" towards my offers?
A. No.

Q. Will stays booked via a consolidator (like TravelPony) or other public travel portal or points portal count towards this promo?
A. No. Your stays must be booked directly with IHG on their website or on their app. However, if you are booking through your corporate portal at work, this may post if such stays usually earn you base points.

Offer-specific Questions:

Q. Does a Holiday Inn Express stay count as a Holiday Inn stay?
A. No
Print Wikipost

Next Big IHG Promo for Q1 2015 - 50K Pts or More

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:58 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Anybody know how the corporate code bonus is supposed to work? I have had several stays since the promo started, but only the first corp code stay shows up - all subsequent ones on different codes do not show up (I have to use whatever code my client happens to require, so I rarely repeat unless going to the same client). Any thoughts? Am I supposed to have four stays using *the same* corp code?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Chalk and cheese

After the long long waits for dashboard updates for Into the Nights . I have just had 2 different stays towards Set Your Sights in Bangkok and the Dashboard for some challenges has updated before the base points have even posted !!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:27 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
What a rubbish challenge this was - penalising IHG's biggest customers whilst rewarding those who hardly ever stay at an IHG property.

I've spent almost 11,000 GBP with IHG properties in the last 6 months! All I managed to get from this promotion was a measly 11,500 points.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:29 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by rumbataz
What a rubbish challenge this was - penalising IHG's biggest customers whilst rewarding those who hardly ever stay at an IHG property.

I've spent almost 11,000 GBP with IHG properties in the last 6 months! All I managed to get from this promotion was a measly 11,500 points.
+1. The challenges were over the top and I had to achieve 7 of 7 to qualify for the big win. I didn't see any reward in staying with IHG and even moved stays away from IHG as a consequence.

HTB.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by rumbataz

Agree. I had a good number of nights over the past couple years, and my challenges for Into the Nights and Set Your Sights were very weak. My wife, who has a relatively new account, got the really easy challenges and now has 2 free nights and 50K points after staying a total of 6 nights.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Agree. I had a good number of nights over the past couple years, and my challenges for Into the Nights and Set Your Sights were very weak. My wife, who has a relatively new account, got the really easy challenges and now has 2 free nights and 50K points after staying a total of 6 nights.
Exactly. Promotions are not about about rewards. They are aimed at encouraging new/less frequent customers to stay more. Seems like it was well targeted in your case.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Originally Posted by Nickolash27
Exactly. Promotions are not about about rewards. They are aimed at encouraging new/less frequent customers to stay more. Seems like it was well targeted in your case.
What happened in our case is that we've stopped using my account except for burning and have only used hers for the few paid stays required to get free nights & points.

I doubt that was the original plan.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It isn't just about encouraging new business. Otherwise they wouldn't have promotions for people who stay over 30 nights during the period.

I thought I would have no chance this time with such a huge bar, but it turned out I had way more hotel nights than expected. With all the promotion and bonus points plus the actual earned stay points I exceeded 340,000 points in the quarter.

However this means that the next one of these promos that comes out will expect me to stay 50 nights!
Old Apr 4, 2015, 2:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stimpy
It isn't just about encouraging new business. Otherwise they wouldn't have promotions for people who stay over 30 nights during the period.

I thought I would have no chance this time with such a huge bar, but it turned out I had way more hotel nights than expected. With all the promotion and bonus points plus the actual earned stay points I exceeded 340,000 points in the quarter.

However this means that the next one of these promos that comes out will expect me to stay 50 nights!
That's right, people like you and me were always going to stay anyway. I just see these promotions as extras, not rewards. We're not the target audience.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
That's right, people like you and me were always going to stay anyway. I just see these promotions as extras, not rewards. We're not the target audience.
What is your definition of "people like you"?

Are you saying that you have no choice in hotel brands?
Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yann
What is your definition of "people like you"?

Are you saying that you have no choice in hotel brands?
Of course I do. I spread my nights across various brands but I have several favourite ICs that I will stay in enough to maintain RA every year. I register for promotions but I don't change stay patterns to achieve targets. If I happen to pick up extra points because I meet some of the criteria, so be it. Because I travel so much I stick with the hotels where I've built up good relationships and I know that the treatment will be consistent.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:19 am

Anyone know if the 'Mini-Vacation Package" nights (Book a mini-vacation package at a qualifying Holiday Inn Club Vacations® property) stack with the "Stay More, Earn More" offer (Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 9 nights)?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Leeeeeee
Anyone know if the 'Mini-Vacation Package" nights (Book a mini-vacation package at a qualifying Holiday Inn Club Vacations® property) stack with the "Stay More, Earn More" offer (Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 9 nights)?
I don't see why not?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:01 am

Unhappy Caught by the fine print

If you have this "Getaway Bonus" be sure to read the fine print. I stayed one night a Holiday Inn Resort and thought I had satisfied the requirement. It turns out the "terms" said it had to be three nights.

"Stay at 1 Holiday Inn Resort® or Holiday Inn Club Vacations® destination, and earn 5,000 bonus points"
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Using IHG credit card bonus still not posted

Has anyone seen their 1500 bonus pts from using IHG credit card to pay for the stay?

I keep getting the run-around from IHG that they know there are issues updating the dash board, that they are "working day and night" to resolve it.

My stay was Mar 9th and here we are, a month later, the 1500 pts still a no show. The Globe Trotter did post just a few days after the stay which was done in Turkey. So it really has nothing to do with Dash Board issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.