Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mobile vs Full Site Reservation Rate Discrepancy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Mobile vs Full Site Reservation Rate Discrepancy

I booked a couple nights in Dubai on award certificates, and my email confirmation, the full website, and the IHG rep I spoke to all said the rate is $0 with $0 due. However, if I pull up the booking on the mobile website or the mobile app, it shows a rate + taxes.

The phone rep had no idea why the mobile site was showing a rate + taxes on an award stay, and suggested I call over to clarify. However, I'd rather not call overseas and figured I'd ask here.

Mobile shows:
rate: 160.32 AED per night (~US$44)
taxes: 72.06 AED
10% service charge: 32.06AED
TOTAL: 424.76 AED
(TAXES 10% per night and 20.00 AED. 10PCT MUNICIPALITY FEE AND 20AED DUBAI TOURISM DIRHAM FEE)

Full site, email, and IHG phone rep shows:

Average Nightly Rate FREE
Price for 1 rooms 2 nights FREE
Total Tax FREE
Service Charge FREE
Estimated Total Price FREE

I'm thinking this may be a glitch showing how much IHG is reimbursing them for the stay? However, I tried this with other hotels and it does not cause any discrepancies. Am curious to hear any other thoughts/theories. Anyone notice such differences before? Get charged?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Don't worry about it. I've found that the mobile app sometimes shows the rate that IHG pays the hotels for reward/free nights. It happens to me quite often, and has never been a problem.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:28 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by MahiMahi524
I booked a couple nights in Dubai on award certificates, and my email confirmation, the full website, and the IHG rep I spoke to all said the rate is $0 with $0 due. However, if I pull up the booking on the mobile website or the mobile app, it shows a rate + taxes.

The phone rep had no idea why the mobile site was showing a rate + taxes on an award stay, and suggested I call over to clarify. However, I'd rather not call overseas and figured I'd ask here.

Mobile shows:
rate: 160.32 AED per night (~US$44)
taxes: 72.06 AED
10% service charge: 32.06AED
TOTAL: 424.76 AED
(TAXES 10% per night and 20.00 AED. 10PCT MUNICIPALITY FEE AND 20AED DUBAI TOURISM DIRHAM FEE)

Full site, email, and IHG phone rep shows:

Average Nightly Rate FREE
Price for 1 rooms 2 nights FREE
Total Tax FREE
Service Charge FREE
Estimated Total Price FREE

I'm thinking this may be a glitch showing how much IHG is reimbursing them for the stay? However, I tried this with other hotels and it does not cause any discrepancies. Am curious to hear any other thoughts/theories. Anyone notice such differences before? Get charged?

The us$44 will be the price IHG Corporate (or CC company) are paying the hotel per night for your "free night's"

If you could buy direct for $45/night I am sure you'd do it and not use your poinrts/certificate.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Well turns out I had to pay part of the taxes... the Dubai Tourism Fee, which is noted to be included as part of the taxes above, but was actually charged at check out. When I emailed to ask about that, the response I got was:

"Please allow me to advise that a Reward Night reservation covers the cost of the room rate and any tax that is directly applicable to the rate charged. The fee you are referring to is not affected by the cost of the room and is not controlled or retained by the hotel. I can understand the confusion however this fee would not be included as part of your Reward Nights reservation."

Doesn't seem like the IHG T&C mentions this:

"Each reward is valid only for a double or king room for one night and tax."

Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.