Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Duplicate booking via IHG app

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I had the same happen the first time I booked a reservation through an iPhone app (called IHG and they quickly cancelled one of them) but last three times it went without a hitch.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
This happened to me last month. It was a prepaid rate. I called reservations immediately who said, as usual, they can't do anything. I called the hotel; they cancelled one of the two and was promised I would not be charged twice. Well, The hotel went ahead and charged the card twice; this was eventually refunded after 2 months after I stayed at the property and raised this again...

Will not book again with the app.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:08 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tony Sark
Hello JustAnotherGuy001, I can contact someone within IHG dev team who can fix this, but we need as much information as possible.

Was the reservation made through:

iPhone App?
iPad App?
Android App?
What version of the App?
OS version?
Slow connection?
Location?
What rate?
Which hotel?
Type of room?
When was the reservation done?
Do you have the reservation numbers?
What Dates?
How many guests?
How many rooms?

If you can provide all the details you remember it would be great.
Seriously? This reads SCAM!
Ellice likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:12 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
I have had a duplicate booking generated when I was logged on to my ihg account on my desktop and made what I thought was one reservation. I thought an identical confirmation had been sent but they were two separate bookings. The confirmations arrived one minute apart (with two different references) and I definitely did not make two identical reservations one after the other. One booking had my ihg loyalty number attached and the other did not. I cancelled the reservation appearing on my ihg account.

As I did not realise that one of the bookings was not cancelled, crowne plaza charged me as a no show. Now they are claiming I made two bookings despite the two email confirmations coming a minute apart. I am dealing with the hotel over this. It appears to be a LONG process.

Last edited by Ellice; Feb 12, 2019 at 12:45 pm Reason: Clarity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.