Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Usual qualifying nights now non-qualifying

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2014, 1:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Are non-prepaid Virtuoso rates considered as qualifying?
Old May 23, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: AY, GA, SQ, IHG, SPG
Nowadays booking through travel agency doesn't entitle for points. I have previously booked through 2 different major Chinese travel agencies for IHG stays and always got my points. But since this year this is not the case any more. My company usually makes the reservation for me so it has been more convenient despite being few percent more expensive choice than booking through IHG website. Sigh
Old May 25, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Same issues still ongoing. Perfectly normal Best Flex rate stay for 2 nights at a HIX in Jakarta and it posts as non-qualifying. Send a missing points request last weekend and did not even receive the copy email you normally get. Now raised it again hoping for more luck. If not I'll just write straight to the AMB center which usually has been quite quick to fix things. The incompetence of IHG IT is quite annoying and a waste of our time.

Funny things is the IC Jakarta stay of 2 nights that followed the HIX stay posted perfectly fine. Go figure.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 2:40 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
OMG - its happened to me. I'm being told a stay in a HI that was booked thru the IHG website (5 day advance purchase) is non qualifying. I'm being emailed the "Section 11 and 12" messages and the IHG person is not listening to what I'm saying - specifically that the website said I'd get about 1000 points for the booking. Unfortunately I didn't take a screen shot of this - why should I - what could possibly go wrong? Arrggggggh! Its like dealing with a revolving door - being told the same thing repeatedly by someone who is not comprehending what I am saying. Is there any intelligent life out there?

Oh, BTW, my reservation rate does not match ANY of the "non qualifying" criteria.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:31 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
og: I always write back a very short reply with only one key message: the rate is "such and such" and it is qualifying -- please retro-credit.

Usually takes only one reply, sometimes two. I didn't have any issues all year long, however.

HTB.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:36 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by htb
og: I always write back a very short reply with only one key message: the rate is "such and such" and it is qualifying -- please retro-credit.

Usually takes only one reply, sometimes two. I didn't have any issues all year long, however.

HTB.
All sorted. It took 3 emails to these clowns. The first was as per your suggestion and I got the reply along the lines of "the computer says not qualifying so it isn't qualifying as per Section 11 & 12". My next reply listed the rate description and that in the booking process the web site said that I'd get 1200 points (or whatever it was) - their reply said similar to "it's still non qualifying because it's deeply discounted". My third reply itemised every non qualifying description from Section 12 and my comment - "it was not a crew rate", "it was not a wholesale rate" etc etc. I also requested that this be escalated to a Supervisor.

But, the replies consistently came within about half an hour of me sending the originating email. This wasted 2 hrs of time last night and helped me maintain my resolve to explore any opportunity to look elsewhere for hotels. I feel the speed at which they sent response emails indicated that the issue was not comprehended - they just recited the stock lines that are in their letter templates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.