Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

Officially from IHG: No hotels moving up in points in 2014, 100 hotels moving down

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Officially from IHG: No hotels moving up in points in 2014, 100 hotels moving down

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

http://boardingarea.com/viewfromthew...es-100-hotels/

Finally some good Frequent Traveler news! 100 hotels are moving down a category, none will move up through the end of 2014. The partial list in the article indicates that some decent hotels are moving down as well, not just "HIX-West Bumf**k-Tumbleweed, NE.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Over 100 Hotels Dropping in Points per Reward Night

Has anyone received an email to this effect? Rewards Canada is reporting that more than 100 hotels will drop by 5000 points per reward night, effective April 15. It'll be nice if it happens.

Rewards Canada: IHG Rewards Club: Reward Night Pricing Changes…For the Better
Old Apr 8, 2014, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I think a lot of hotels will have been begging to be downgraded. Why spend 35k on a ropey HI in London when the two IC's are 50k?!

A lot of properties will have taken a big hit in the number of rooms redeemed, leading to a loss of revenue.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Yeah, the last round of points increases produced some pretty poor redemption values. The same note's been posted to BoardingArea. It'll be interesting to see the full list.

So far, the list is:
  • InterContinental Hotel Shanghai-Puxi, China — 35,000 to 30,000
  • Crowne Plaza Geneva, Switzerland – 35,000 to 30,000
  • Hotel Indigo Fort Myers Downtown River District, Florida, U.S. – 30,000 to 25,000
  • Holiday Inn Resort PhuketMai Khao Beach Resort, Phuket, Thailand – 20,000 to 15,000
  • Holiday Inn Ciudad De Mexico- Trade Center, Mexico – 15,000 to 10,000
  • Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, Germany – 25,000 to 20,000
  • Staybridge Suites – San Antonio-Stone Oak, Texas, U.S. – 20,000 to 15,000
  • Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach-Norfolk, Virginia, U.S. – 25,000 to 20,000
Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:49 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
That's great news! I hope the other programs will follow IHG on this.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:09 pm

This is great news!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
I think a lot of hotels will have been begging to be downgraded. Why spend 35k on a ropey HI in London when the two IC's are 50k?!

A lot of properties will have taken a big hit in the number of rooms redeemed, leading to a loss of revenue.
Agreed although the London points pricing makes no sense whatsoever. HI Wembley is an absolute bargain at 10k as is HI Commercial Road (which is a very nice hotel) at 20k whilst one stop further on the DLR from Central London is HIX Limehouse at 30k or slightly further Royal Docks at 35k (although I can understand this one a bit more due to the proximity of Excel). Even HI Stratford is 25k which makes the HIX redemptions look much less attractive.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
LL posted on this too.

http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/04/08/i...april-15-2014/
Old Apr 9, 2014, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by chrism20
Agreed although the London points pricing makes no sense whatsoever. HI Wembley is an absolute bargain at 10k as is HI Commercial Road (which is a very nice hotel) at 20k whilst one stop further on the DLR from Central London is HIX Limehouse at 30k or slightly further Royal Docks at 35k (although I can understand this one a bit more due to the proximity of Excel). Even HI Stratford is 25k which makes the HIX redemptions look much less attractive.
HI Wembley went to 10k to fill its rooms during the refurbishment. HI Commerical Road and the Indigo Earls Court are new hotels and are still (have they forgot?) trading as the special rates they had when they just opened.

Stratford is a great property, I have stayed there twice. Fantastic for access to just about everywhere and all the facilities of Westfield on the doorstep.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 4:41 am

Anywhere to have a look at the complete list?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:24 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
This is great news and I can't wait to see the full list.

I'm planning on redeeming over 500k Points next year when I take my family to New York so the fact they're not increasing this year means I'll get them for what they're valued at as of today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.