Community
Wiki Posts
Search

9% cash back at Ebates for IHG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by CalItalian
Yes, it should. It's been a while since we've had cashback for IHG so we'll have to see if anything has changed.
My experience with Ebates in the last week is that cashback is paid when using Ambassador 2 for 1 voucher.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:38 am

How efficient are these sites at honoring the rebates? Ever have to "fight" with them? Didn't even know this existed until today.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by EVA777
How efficient are these sites at honoring the rebates? Ever have to "fight" with them? Didn't even know this existed until today.
Haven't tried for a rebate with IHG, but otherwise I've never had a problem, even when combining with coupons or other discounts/promotions on the target site. YMMV though, of course.
Marc
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
IHG is tracking fine with Ebates for me, with confirmed amounts showing 4/5 days after checkout. Have yet to have any money payout (they do it quarterly) but seems to be "so far so good".

I used to use Quidco, and that tracked with about 95% reliability.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
As of this post, Ebates is up to 8.0% (was 4.5% last week), MrRebates is down to 5.0% (was 8.0% last week).
FatWallet.com is 6.5% (Holiday Inn, Intercontinental) and ShopAtHome.com 5.0%.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Can someone please help explain how Ebates work?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:53 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Can someone please help explain how Ebates work?
Ebates gets commission from IHG (or whichever company you book with) and passes part of that commission on to you.

If that doesn't answer your question please explain your question.

HTB.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:59 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I had some trouble with eBates initially. The original booking with Holiday Inn didn't post but I raised it with the team and was credited the right amount almost immediately. Only thing with them is that they only pay out once every Quarter.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I had similar problems with a number of cashback sites, until I figured out the culprit.

In general, most cashback sites rely on (tracking?) cookies, so if you have some strict privacy setting/adblocker/etc they might interfere with the tracking process.

I normally use Firefox with rather strict settings, but for cashback (and cashback only!) I use a specially unarmed Opera, with all security settings off. Since then all cashback tracks automatically.

Could be any browser, but I've found this to be the easiest approach for me.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 3:34 am

with Ebates i have lots of reporting issues. It shows up in my click history, but the purchase is never recognized. I have to fight for them 70% of the time. I also use Fatwallet CB and those usually work without any issues. ebates takes at least 40 days from the stay to show up in your account IF everything works.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 6:18 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by htb
Ebates gets commission from IHG (or whichever company you book with) and passes part of that commission on to you.

If that doesn't answer your question please explain your question.

HTB.
That surely help a lot and when registering do you use a link? It looks like there is no coupon code.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by olouie
with Ebates i have lots of reporting issues. It shows up in my click history, but the purchase is never recognized. I have to fight for them 70% of the time. I also use Fatwallet CB and those usually work without any issues. ebates takes at least 40 days from the stay to show up in your account IF everything works.
Never had a problem with Ebates. The cashback shows in my account the same day points post in my IHG account, 5 days after the stay. I have dozens of stays though Ebates.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 9:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by olouie
Same with me. Sometimes, it posts shortly after a stay posts in my account on ihg.com. More often than not, they never materialize, then it's a ritual of filing missing cash back requests.

I note the tracking ticket number and other information with my reservations on TripIt, so I know exactly what to file months down the road.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 6:09 pm

Any issues with Big Win stays crediting when starting with the ebates portal?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by tom_MN
Any issues with Big Win stays crediting when starting with the ebates portal?
Nope.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.