Wiki Posts
Search

Rollover nights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Rollover nights

I just checked my IHG account on ihg.com and I can only see that I've earned 0 points so far this year, there is no mention of my rollover nights from 2013. Is it just my account or are you guys experiencing the same problem?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:30 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Same problem here
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Plat SAA Voyager Alaska Airlines
rollover nights

Have noticed the same thing and have been told by PC that it will take a couple of weeks for your account to be updated.

I was told by PC last year that roll-over starts as soon as you reach Plat. Status.

In my case it was 40 nights and 4 hotel brands to retain Plat Status . So when I stayed 60 nights I expected to receive 20 roll-over nights .

They now tell me that it only come into operation after 50 nights not when you achieve status.

Should have spent my time building up status with Marriott after retaining Plat . with ICH.

Will not make the same mistake again this year.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by twoclubs
Have noticed the same thing and have been told by PC that it will take a couple of weeks for your account to be updated.

I was told by PC last year that roll-over starts as soon as you reach Plat. Status.

In my case it was 40 nights and 4 hotel brands to retain Plat Status . So when I stayed 60 nights I expected to receive 20 roll-over nights .

They now tell me that it only come into operation after 50 nights not when you achieve status.

Should have spent my time building up status with Marriott after retaining Plat . with ICH.

Will not make the same mistake again this year.
I'd assumed the same as you (also had 4 brands so would have requalified for Plat at 40 nights if not already RA) but noticed this morning that the website does say:

All Elite Qualifying Nights accrued in excess of 50 nights will be applied to a member’s account towards the following calendar year. Elite Rollover Nights are only valid for the next calendar year.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:06 am

Programs: IC/AMB - Diamond Elite, AC E50K, AA, AM-Onyx, HH-Diamond, BW, Choice - Gold
Originally Posted by valdor
I just checked my IHG account on ihg.com and I can only see that I've earned 0 points so far this year, there is no mention of my rollover nights from 2013. Is it just my account or are you guys experiencing the same problem?
IHG is probably waiting for the December 31st stay nights to post for all IHG members before calculating the roll-over nights. Since most stays for December 31st will post ths week, they will probably update the roll-over nights this weekend.

mxm135
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Well, on 1/1, everything was zeroed out.

However, today, one more stay posted (from 12/28) and I see everything is still zeroed out except that I have 77 Elite Qualifying Nights. As I had 126 nights on 12/31, plus the one credited, subtract 50 (?) then it makes sense to have 77.

Have 3 more to post, for 12/29, 12/30 and 12/31, so I imagine my EQNs will get incremented up to 80.

I believe in 2014, reward stays count as additional EQNs. Should be easy to stay Platinum.

Not that I really care much about IHG Platinum. I'm all about RA, and we don't even know how many nights we need to requalify, much less whether reward nights count towards that unknown number.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Yesterday mine said zero, today 308 EQN's... For the amount of nights I put in at IHG properties, they should give me lifetime status like Marriott does...just a wish...or a dream.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by vsevolod4

Not that I really care much about IHG Platinum. I'm all about RA, and we don't even know how many nights we need to requalify, much less whether reward nights count towards that unknown number.

Award nights, even after 1st july 2013 do not count towards totals for IHG RA qualifcation/re-qualification

I know from my Aug2013 requal, when 's Ambassador desks Supervisor said IHG records showed me as 1night short of requal as only 59 IHG qual nights in last 365 days Iincluding 30+ IC paid nights).... and I had 24 Award nights, including July 2013 awards. (And I was not actually short either, it is just RA does not track manually adjusted qual nights)

Some do think Awards may help in meeting a 3rd different IC hotel stay requirement though, but I had 9x IC's anyway.

Definitely 60 IHG brand nights was required for Aug2013 RA requal. I had 35 IC nights , but woud guess IC nights required is as low as 20, which kind of makes RA quite easy to requal, although if only ther 20nights a year RA status is less important.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Award nights, even after 1st july 2013 do not count towards totals for IHG RA qualifcation/re-qualification

I know from my Aug2013 requal, when 's Ambassador desks Supervisor said IHG records showed me as 1night short of requal as only 59 IHG qual nights in last 365 days Iincluding 30+ IC paid nights).... and I had 24 Award nights, including July 2013 awards. (And I was not actually short either, it is just RA does not track manually adjusted qual nights)

Some do think Awards may help in meeting a 3rd different IC hotel stay requirement though, but I had 9x IC's anyway.

Definitely 60 IHG brand nights was required for Aug2013 RA requal. I had 35 IC nights , but woud guess IC nights required is as low as 20, which kind of makes RA quite easy to requal, although if only ther 20nights a year RA status is less important.
60 nights to requalify and 60 nights to qualify? 60 nights is not an exceptional number of nights. A summary of sorts of total nights based on Ambassador status vs calendar year would be of benefits for those interested in RA status and not IHG status.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
60 nights to requalify and 60 nights to qualify? 60 nights is not an exceptional number of nights. A summary of sorts of total nights based on Ambassador status vs calendar year would be of benefits for those interested in RA status and not IHG status.
I was stating total qual nights for my rolling RA/Ambassador year, 1st September to 31st August.

Various RA posts in 2012 were saying as RAs they requalified with say 55 nights, definitey less than 60.

Whereas in 2013 RAs have repeatedly said they needed 60nights, which agrees with my experience caused when IHG did not recognise all my IC nights in my rolling total leaving me on 59nights total, 1 night short.

Next year it could be 65 or 55, but yes 20 IC + 40 CP/HI/HIX nights is something I am comfortable of reaching this year.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:19 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by CalItalian
Yesterday mine said zero, today 308 EQN's... For the amount of nights I put in at IHG properties, they should give me lifetime status like Marriott does...just a wish...or a dream.
they should offer lifetime status after a number of years, i think five consecutive years as RA should qualify for lifetime status
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:49 pm

i was on the phone with IHG today, and the rep needed clarification from a supervisor, and i asked about reard nights counting towards RA, and she confirmed they do.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i was on the phone with IHG today, and the rep needed clarification from a supervisor, and i asked about reard nights counting towards RA, and she confirmed they do.
Do you really believe everything Manila tell you? if so prepare to be Royally disapointed. I can only believe you on this if you get it in writing from IHG which I doubt will happen.
Repeating what Manila say does not make it factual and true for me. Even for IHG Platinum status qualifying, IHG are careful to make the distinction that "award nights" are not still qualifying nights.

Personal experience trumps Manila's words to you; every recent year I have manually adjusted stays preventing auto-RA renewal, including more recently despite numerous Award nights adding to nights counter since 1st July 2013, for August 2013, & August 2014 RA renewals.
My actual experiences shows whilst counting towards IHG Rewards Platinum, RA night totaliser only accrues/counts paid-qual nights at IHG hotels.

As t+c for award night counting in a somewhat limited manner from 1st July 2013, thus my Aug2014 ending year inludes all award nights as incrementing "night count clock" my actual experiences definitely proves to me "award nights" do not in fact count, and that as far as RA qualification count is concerned, only paid qualifying nights count.

59 correctly posted qual nights, 15 manually adjusted to become qual nights, 20 award nights registered; all these nights failed to auto renew me for August 2014 , as told by Manila Supervisor(s) I don't have 60nights so award nights were ignored.
And not just Supervisor's word here, but the empirical evidence my IHG account activity does not show Royal Ambassador Renewal line it should.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by ag51
I'd assumed the same as you (also had 4 brands so would have requalified for Plat at 40 nights if not already RA) but noticed this morning that the website does say:
83 nights in 2013, 33 nights rolled over. Rollover definitely seems to be nights in excess of the 50.

Same here, 2013 Plat both from RA and from 2012 stayed nights count, and I hit 4brands/40nights before 50nights during 2013

Also remember rollover nights carried over from 2013 into 2014 will not carry into 2015. If someone carries over 100nights into 2014, and does not stay this year, although they get Platinum for 2015 from 50/100 rollover nights, alas the remaining 50 will not rollover to 2015 count and give 2016 Platinum.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:04 am

Do you really believe everything Manila tell you? if so prepare to be Royally disapointed. I can only believe you on this if you get it in writing from IHG which I doubt will happen.
Repeating what Manila say does not make it factual and true for me. Even for IHG Platinum status qualifying, IHG are careful to make the distinction that "award nights" are not still qualifying nights.

Personal experience trumps Manila's words to you; every recent year I have manually adjusted stays preventing auto-RA renewal, including more recently despite numerous Award nights adding to nights counter since 1st July 2013, for August 2013, & August 2014 RA renewals.
My actual experiences shows whilst counting towards IHG Rewards Platinum, RA night totaliser only accrues/counts paid-qual nights at IHG hotels.

As t+c for award night counting in a somewhat limited manner from 1st July 2013, thus my Aug2014 ending year inludes all award nights as incrementing "night count clock" my actual experiences definitely proves to me "award nights" do not in fact count, and that as far as RA qualification count is concerned, only paid qualifying nights count.

59 correctly posted qual nights, 15 manually adjusted to become qual nights, 20 award nights registered; all these nights failed to auto renew me for August 2014 , as told by Manila Supervisor(s) I don't have 60nights so award nights were ignored.
And not just Supervisor's word here, but the empirical evidence my IHG account activity does not show Royal Ambassador Renewal line it should.
as far as i understand the T&C, award nights are counting towards elite status, ie gold/plat, the question i had was in relation to RA, i understand your cynicism in respect of IHG communications, i think all here understand that, i'm simply relaying the information from a supervisor when asked this specific question, i have a long term stay that covered the last two months of my RA year in 2013, so i'm good through the end of '15, i was more interested in the issue as a result of IHG publishing that reward nights will count towards elite status, ie just gold and plat or elite as in RA too?

as adamant as you are that they are not qualifying, and i do understand why, given the vagaries regarding policy, and implementation from IHG, check in with John Ollia, over at loyalty lobby, he is as adamant from personal experience that they do, maybe it's worth trying for a different supervisor in Manila?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.