Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PC Select Visa, worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

PC Select Visa, worth it?

This post is about the Priority Club Select Visa Card (US Based).

Current Offer:
60,000 Points for 1k spend in 3 months
Annual Night Stay Free
Platinum Status (While cardholder)

Annual Fee: $49

Looks like a good deal overall. The $49 fee is covered by free annual stay. What gave me pause was, Frugal Travel guy review. On the annual free stay, "It has yet to post in my account for the second straight year and customer services non existent."

What has other peoples experience with this card been? Did you get your annual stay?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by Exbingoaddict

Current Offer:
Annual Night Stay Free

Looks like a good deal overall. The $49 fee is covered by free annual stay. What gave me pause was, Frugal Travel guy review. On the annual free stay, "It has yet to post in my account for the second straight year and customer services non existent."

What has other peoples experience with this card been? Did you get your annual stay?
Personally, I think it's worth it. Free night wasn't a problem per se, but you have to call PC CS when your anniversary rolls around; they can see it. Also like the no foreign transaction fee benefit.

In case you didn't see this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ard-night.html
Old Jan 6, 2013, 7:38 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Yes, we got our free night. If you search, you can find the free night thread here:
EDIT (the poster above posted the link already)

It doesn't show up in your account. The notification email/letter may or may not come at the right time (my letter and email came 1-3 months early!!). You have to call customer service to book the room.

Note that some oversea hotels do not allow this free cert - the IC in Tokyo are the examples I can remember...

The frugal travel guy isn't very good at what he is doing if he missed his certs 2 years in a row....

I have this credit card. I use it for ICH hotel stays and when travelling oversea(no foreign transaction fee). Plus, having the card gives you 10% back in award bookings. (i.e. if the hotel is 10K redemption, you get 1000 points back a few months later.)

Yes, ICH customer service is horrible when compared to Sheraton, Hilton, or Marriot. However, ICH points are easy to get and there are a lot of ICH hotels around the world. I'm not marrying ICH customer service. I barely talk to them more than twice a year...so whats important to you?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by chunky649
Yes, we got our free night. If you search, you can find the free night thread here:
EDIT (the poster above posted the link already)

It doesn't show up in your account. The notification email/letter may or may not come at the right time (my letter and email came 1-3 months early!!). You have to call customer service to book the room.

Note that some oversea hotels do not allow this free cert - the IC in Tokyo are the examples I can remember...

The frugal travel guy isn't very good at what he is doing if he missed his certs 2 years in a row....

I have this credit card. I use it for ICH hotel stays and when travelling oversea(no foreign transaction fee). Plus, having the card gives you 10% back in award bookings. (i.e. if the hotel is 10K redemption, you get 1000 points back a few months later.)

Yes, ICH customer service is horrible when compared to Sheraton, Hilton, or Marriot. However, ICH points are easy to get and there are a lot of ICH hotels around the world. I'm not marrying ICH customer service. I barely talk to them more than twice a year...so whats important to you?
Did they charge you an accommodation fee ($35) plus taxes on the fee? I am at Crowne Plaza Hollywood beach right now and they are charging me when using the cert.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 7:00 am

Somehow it doesn't sound right. Not sure who you should call, though... PC customer service is often useless, and I don't think Chase will be able to help you with this...
Old Jan 7, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Love this card. Best way to spend $49 all year!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Love this card. Best way to spend $49 all year!
+1, or cheapest hotel stay at a nice IC!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:26 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by Exbingoaddict

Current Offer:
Annual Night Stay Free

The 80,000 point offer is still alive and well though most people are reporting the requirement is now $1000 in spend before you get the 80,000 points:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...lect-visa.html
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the input and the help. After hearing about the PC reward change coming, I'm leery to take the card right now.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:18 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Am happy to pay $49 for plat and the free stay cert. Great value at CP Times Square and IC Bkk with great plat treatment at both properties (upgrades, breakfast, internet). Never received an e-mail the second year, but calling the hotline listed on the first year e-mail confirmed that I was eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.