Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion discussion thread 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:36 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Yes seems messed up offers

I signed up for offer of 10-nights for 15K points.

Now updated to show 18nights for 20K points, absolutely stupid, as doublish (90%) more nights for only 1/3rd more points. I would expect after 10nights next step to be 15nights for for 20K points + 18nights to be worth 25k points.

I have 15 paid nights booked June/July, 4 points + 1` bogo, I will not be booking another 3 qual nights , it is cheaper to buy 20k points than pay 3nights accommodation.

Will wait with interest to see whether I get points on offer I registered for. If no points after 10 nights, I will fill in a missing points claim form!
Old Jun 16, 2013, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DuMaInSin
I registered for "Stay 3 nights get 2,500 bonus points". The offer did not show up in my offers until recently. But the text reads "Stay 7 nights get 10,000 bonus points!" At the same time, when I click on the offer to show the activity it shows "You need 3 nights for the next award."

Looks like they have mixed up the codes and texts (hopefully that's all).
Same here. Mine now shows "completed" after 3 nights, but no points posted.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: IHG Plat; CC Gold
Mine said completed as soon as I registered. Then it changed the number of nights needed and points to be obtained.

As I stay the nights are showing in minus numbers, am on -2 atm.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Platinum,SQ, DL, AA, Hyatt
My previous Stay x Get x and each additional Stay x Get x which ended 31 May was not credited properly and was taken off from My Offer Status on 1 June.

I was waiting to see if they would retro but did not so I had to call last Friday to have them look into it and luckily they were able to make adjustments and credited the points to me.

For some reasons, the adjustments kind of triggered the current Double Points from the 2nd stay onwards. I had only 1 stay this month so was not expecting it until I had my 2nd stay this coming week.

Anyway, for those who had the previous promotion, better go and see if you were properly credited.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 8:58 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
I signed up for 10 nights for 15K points, and my offers now show 18 nights for 20K points, which is the one offered to me via email. It looks like this little game is over...
Old Jun 18, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Mariott Platinum (UA SI) Avis First, National Executive
Just a heads up:

I tried to sign up for the stay X night get Y points and I got errors for every one. And I have had 26 nights planned/reserved for June and July, since the beginning of this month, so it was kind of a pressing situation.
So I called to get manually registered. They could not do it and they had to call a supervisor. It was finally found that this promotion conflicts with the double points promotion for which I registered. That was a bummer because I did not plan to stay at either of the suite places, to kick it off. However (and this is news to me and never mentioned before) it seems that stay at any property will kick double points at any subsequent stay in June and July. My first stay this month (first week of June) was at a HI and did not get double points but I did get double points for my second stay last week (also at a HI.) So that first stay kicked it off, but unlike the 5 points a dollar hotels that also double, the 10 point a dollar did not double in the first promo stay. I shall report next week after this week's stay if it does not double up.

Very happy and totally unexpected... and definitely like it more than the stay x get y, because the double points for me will be close to 50k points....
Old Jun 18, 2013, 5:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Try to re-read promo rules. They are quite clear.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Yes they are. I'll say one thing that maybe people didn't know. I had a stay on May 31st, check out June 1st, that ended up counting as my first stay under the Double promo. I was happily surprised by that.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
My 5k platinum bonus just posted!! (I'm already a plat)

Ref: 4777 5000 POINT PLATINUM BONUS OFFER

EDIT: It hasn't reflected in the my status offer section though.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
I signed up for 10 nights for 15K points, and my offers now show 18 nights for 20K points, which is the one offered to me via email. It looks like this little game is over...
What does your "promo meter" show? I signed up for 3nights/2,5k, the promo text now show 7 nights whatever pounts. However, after staying two nights, the meter shows "just one more night..."
Old Jun 19, 2013, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474

I've got the same - and my offer status hasn't changed. I'm RA through to June next year, so assume I don't need to requalify for Plat this year anyway? (I should do on number of nights, but not there yet)
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ag51
I've got the same - and my offer status hasn't changed. I'm RA through to June next year, so assume I don't need to requalify for Plat this year anyway? (I should do on number of nights, but not there yet)
No. Even if you don't re-qualify for RA you'll get an extra year as Plat Amb anyway, in your case until June 15.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by ag51
Hmm I'm not sure what you meant by re qualifying as plat, what my point was to state that even though I'm a plat I received a bonus as I thought plats didn't get the bonus in the past?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Darn, I didn't get the 5K for Platinum even though I registered.

Man, IHG promo is so messed up lately. Promo changes itself after you registered and start to bank stays. Or promo that never trigger and post. I am tired of calling in and speak to those unhelpful people in the Philippine call center.

They will lose my loyalty if they don't fix this soon!
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by mitpat474

Mine too..already platinum as well.. I've done just under 50 nights so far...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.