Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC London Westminster Master Thread (leaving IHG August 31, 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: 100m swimming certificate level 5
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
I disagree

The rooms are significantly nicer and more modern than the PL, the lounge is better, the suites are incomparably better.

I hate the suites at the PL, they are tiny with TV's the size of a postage stamp.
Personally I think the Lounge at PL is better, and at PL the deluxe suites and above are much better , in fact I cant remember the last time I seen those tiny bang and olufsen sets, all large Samsungs now unless you get stuck in a classic room. Also not a fan of the Tv sets mounted into the wall where window glare ruins the viewing.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Hope it is 14 Sept 14 - I've got a one night points booking here in the first week of September.

I wonder if there's any chance of them honouring it in that first week if they do change over on 1st Sept? Fingers crossed.......
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
That date is not in the Conrad press release. Perhaps he was confused by September 14 ie 2014?

IC is taking bookings up to August 31st. Conrad is not taking bookings yet.
I had thought this myself when I first read it but it says September 14, 2014. Possibly just a typo, I guess we will find out in the next few days.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
The regular upgrade would be Exec Room to Club IC Studio, then Duplex Suite, then Junior Suite and then Deluxe Suite.
Forgive me - how is a Duplex Suite lower than a Junior Suite? Also I can't even see the Duplex Suite category on the website?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
Forgive me - how is a Duplex Suite lower than a Junior Suite? Also I can't even see the Duplex Suite category on the website?
It is termed below according to prices and the display sequence on the website, the reason you might not be able to view it is possibly they are booked out as there is only 2 in the building.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Personally I think the Lounge at PL is better, and at PL the deluxe suites and above are much better , in fact I cant remember the last time I seen those tiny bang and olufsen sets, all large Samsungs now unless you get stuck in a classic room. Also not a fan of the Tv sets mounted into the wall where window glare ruins the viewing.
I think we will have to agree to disagree. I think the PL lounge service is better and the breakfast is better but otherwise the Westminster wins out for me bar the view.

What do you have to book to get a Deluxe Suite? Do they have the same old fashioned decor as other rooms?
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
One thing I wonder about the Club is, do any Conrad hotels have Club's? I've stayed in a few and am indeed at the Conrad Chicago right now. None of the ones I've stayed in have club's. So will they keep the one here or get rid of it?

Oops. Edited because I just remembered the Conrad Bangkok does have a Club. But none in Chicago and I don't think there's one in Dublin either. Nor Hong Kong, right?

Last edited by stimpy; Jul 23, 2014 at 7:06 pm
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
One thing I wonder about the Club is, do any Conrad hotels have Club's? I've stayed in a few and am indeed at the Conrad Chicago right now. None of the ones I've stayed in have club's. So will they keep the one here or get rid of it?

Oops. Edited because I just remembered the Conrad Bangkok does have a Club. But none in Chicago and I don't think there's one in Dublin either. Nor Hong Kong, right?
Quite a few of the newer Conrads have clubs mainly in Asia though e.g. Hong Kong, Bangkok, Tokyo, Singapore, Bali etc.

They could ditch the lounge but it would be a good selling point.

I am staying next week, I shall enquire about the plans then.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Blue, Priority Club Plat (again!), Marriott Rewards Gold
The IHG website is not allowing bookings beyond September now.

I have an existing booking in November using an Ambassador weekend certificate. Not had any communication from them about this. Assuming it will still be honoured?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:01 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by TheMajor
The IHG website is not allowing bookings beyond September now.

I have an existing booking in November using an Ambassador weekend certificate. Not had any communication from them about this. Assuming it will still be honoured?
You'd need to check. I'd be surprised if Conrad is going to (notionally) give you 2 nights for the price of one...but I guess they could.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:22 am

Noticed there wasnt much info on duplex suites here so posting some pics, i am impressed with the space utilised in the suite.

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/mi...postlogin=true
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mitpat474
Noticed there wasnt much info on duplex suites here so posting some pics, i am impressed with the space utilised in the suite.

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/mi...postlogin=true
The junior suites are much better in terms of space and bathrooms but can be noisier than the duplexes.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 12:22 am

The junior suites are much better in terms of space and bathrooms but can be noisier than the duplexes.
Junior suites have a walk in closet vs a 2nd toilet, also has one big bathroom with sep shower.

Theres just more open space in a junior
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:27 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Just called the hotel to ask about the changeover to Conrad and was told that it is happening on 31st August. Couldn't get a definitive answer to what would happen to prior rewards bookings made for after that date, but judging by my previous experiences of this kind of situation it's not going to be good news.

I suppose it is possible that they may honour them, but I think it would be wise to have a contingency in place just in case.....
Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by AMDB7
Just called the hotel to ask about the changeover to Conrad and was told that it is happening on 31st August. Couldn't get a definitive answer to what would happen to prior rewards bookings made for after that date, but judging by my previous experiences of this kind of situation it's not going to be good news.

I suppose it is possible that they may honour them, but I think it would be wise to have a contingency in place just in case.....
I spoke to guest relations about this and she seemed to think any made before the announcement will be honored, possibly amb weekend certs too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.