Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RA benefits when combining paid and reward nights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: Priority Club RA, UA 2P
IC London mentioned moving me at the time of check-in, but when it came time to move from paid --> reward nights, they let me stay in the same suite......
Old Jun 19, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Wink

The "moving you" thing seems to be most likely to happen at Asian properties, I've found, where they tend to be sticklers at following rules to a "T".
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stimpy
True, but it must be repeated that *some* IHG hotels offer much more than Starwood and Hilton do on reward stays. Some offer free mini-bar, club, suite upgrades, etc. You just have to make sure you are going to one of those hotels for your leisure reward stays.
Yes, but for many of the above you mention is for the IC RA program which is known to specifically NOT give bennies on award stays.

Originally Posted by general45
And when they do, they'll get a lot more of my business.
+1
Old Jun 20, 2012, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
The "moving you" thing seems to be most likely to happen at Asian properties, I've found, where they tend to be sticklers at following rules to a "T".
True, while most Euro IC's give us full benefits on award stays. The rest of the world is hit and miss.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Trying to book 3 nights, 1 on points and 2 others with cash and AMB free night cert. How is an RA treated with such a room combo at the IC NYC Times Sq.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Trying to book 3 nights, 1 on points and 2 others with cash and AMB free night cert. How is an RA treated with such a room combo at the IC NYC Times Sq.
At this hotel the check in is key. As noted in the master thread, check in with Cherisma at the Amb desk, maybe bring her a small gift and be nice, and you will have a decent suite for the full stay.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At this hotel the check in is key. As noted in the master thread, check in with Cherisma at the Amb desk, maybe bring her a small gift and be nice, and you will have a decent suite for the full stay.
Perfect thanks, I also know another lady, I think Liliana Cust Relations Manager may also be helpful??
Old Jun 20, 2012, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Perfect thanks, I also know another lady, I think Liliana Cust Relations Manager may also be helpful??
Haven't I given you enough hints! Enjoy NYC and don't spend too much time in the hotel.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Haven't I given you enough hints! Enjoy NYC and don't spend too much time in the hotel.
ok ok, we are never in the room.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
I'm doing the same thing with Bali...2 nights on BOBO for Club Duplex Suite and 2 nights for free room. At least I get the Club transfers, and hopefully they extend Club and let me keep the Duplex (or regular room - I dont care, just want the Club)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.