Search

Discount on extended stays

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2007, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador
Discount on extended stays

Hi,

Can anybody give me any help on securing discount on an extended stay with any hotel brand, I'm looking at staying 3-6 months at a CP?

I've rung the hotel and they have given me some preferential rates which I don't think are that great. Looked at setting up a corporate rate for my company and that didn't make any difference.

Not sure if there's anything else I can do, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Kwokbert
Old Apr 5, 2007, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold.
Ring around to similar properties and play them off against each other. Worked for us in Warrington where the HI beat the HIX rate for a 12 month booking.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
The hotel ultimately is the one that will be flexible or inflexible depending on their yields and the game they play.

Start with a competing chain and negotiate hard for a low rate (hey, you can always walk away). And use that to negotiate with the hotel at which you want to stay.

Talk to the General Manager. Show up in person.

Also, find out if "your" hotel accepts the Entertainment Card (do a search on PriorityClub.com and select that option). Negotiate with the hotel. When they give you a high rate, counter with the fact that you can find a cheaper rate yourself online, just with the Entertainment Card! (note that rate may be unavailable on certain days and may not give you PC points). I've also used this approach with the prepaid rates ... which are often cheaper than the quoted rates.

Also check the Government rate. Not that you'd qualify, but at least you can see how low that hotel is willing to go in negotiating for volume. A GM who may be constrained in terms of rates usually is much more empowered to dispense largesse on incidentals.

Finally, my experience with long term stays is that they are far more concerned with revenues than with perks. So if the property is inflexible on dollars per night, you can usually negotiate substantial freebies including room upgrade, club floor access, free breakfast, a certain allowance per week for laundry/minibar/movies/other incidentals, that sort of thing. A GM
Old Apr 5, 2007, 3:27 pm

Programs: IC Roy Amb, PC Plat, MR Plat,Delta,AA,NWA,Hyatt,Starwood,Hilton
Not sure if your staying in the states or not, I see you are in the UK, but in the states they often have to drop the taxes for any stay over 30 days...

SAS

Originally Posted by kwokbert
Hi,

Can anybody give me any help on securing discount on an extended stay with any hotel brand, I'm looking at staying 3-6 months at a CP?

I've rung the hotel and they have given me some preferential rates which I don't think are that great. Looked at setting up a corporate rate for my company and that didn't make any difference.

Not sure if there's anything else I can do, but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Kwokbert
Old Jun 5, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: My travel agent
Bump. I'm interested in this one too. Just tell us a % number that how big of a discount can you get on an extended stay?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: Priority CLub Platinum
I worked on a theatre tour for a fairly large European promoter. They had a deal with NH Hotels that they could get a rate for 30 Euros per room night inc breakfast. This deal was obviously for all of the tours and concerts the promoters ran across Europe, not just ours. They had to guarantee a total amount of rooms/nights per year to meet a target or pay up the shortfall. So rates can be very low if you are putting enough business to the hotel.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: My travel agent
Thanks, interesting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.