Wiki Posts
Search

What does Status Modified mean?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

What does Status Modified mean?

Lase week I booked IC Prague using our Chase Free Night Cert over the phone, got the email confirmation correctly indicated it is the Chase Free Night.

Reservation shows "Confirmed" on the Upcoming Reservation screen. So I thought everything is fine.

This weekend as I am preparing a spread sheet of our trip with all the logistic details, I checked our various hotel bookings and discovered the IC booking now shows: Confirmation Number: 676xxxxx | Status: Modified

What does Status Modified mean? Anybody has seen such modification?

Since this is a Chase free night booking, it is not even possible to pull up reservation details on PCR site.

We do not have IC status, only PC PLAT. Therefore we do not expect any room upgrade would happen. The only request we made at the booking was a 2-bed room, non-smoking as it only has Classic Room being available for award night.

There is no point deduction in the account. So it does not look like the hotel changes the free night to a point booking.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
/wireless will help you.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olegator
/wireless will help you.
Can you elaborate? Or give me the full URL on how to access the site where the details of reservation would show? Though I am not sure it would work with Chase Free Night Cert booking as it never has details online.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
mobile.holidayinn.com
mobile.priorityclub.com

www.priorityclub.com

The hotel had noted the booking and so the status is "modified". Modified is often a good thing as upgrades are indicated by the modified status. Not a concern regardless. Piece together the information from multiple Priority Club resources such as those noted above to have a better understanding the current status of the booking. And do keep in mind an upgrade is only 100% at the time of check in. One such upgrade was to the presidential suite at the IC Chicago only to arrive to a standard room.

Note the first London Park Lane reservation is twice modified, the second London Park Lane reservation is unmodified, and the Budapest reservation is once modified. The twice modified London reservation resulted in no obvious changes to the reservation while the once modified Budapest reservation resulted in an upgrade.

Confirmation #:
LONDON PARK LANE
INTERCONTINENTAL
Check-In Date: Fri Jun 01 2012
Check-Out date: Sat Jun 02 2012LONDON PARK LANE
INTERCONTINENTAL
Check-Out date: Sat Jun 02 2012LONDON PARK LANE
INTERCONTINENTAL
Check-Out date: Sat Jun 02 2012
Confirmation #:
LONDON PARK LANE
INTERCONTINENTAL
Check-In Date: Sat Jun 02 2012
Check-Out date: Mon Jun 04 2012
Confirmation #:
BUDAPEST
INTERCONTINENTAL
Check-In Date: Mon Jun 04 2012
Check-Out date: Thu Jun 07 2012BUDAPEST
INTERCONTINENTAL
Check-In Date: Mon Jun 04 2012
Check-Out date: Thu Jun 07 2012

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Apr 22, 2012 at 1:55 pm
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
mobile.holidayinn.com
mobile.priorityclub.com

www.priorityclub.com
Does holidayinn site show reservation at IC?

In any case, unfortunately the mobile sites default back to the regular PC site (the 3rd one listed) therefore not working.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
https://secure.ichotelsgroup.com/wir...en/home.action Try this one
Old Apr 22, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
mobile.holidayinn.com works today but mobile.priorityclub.com does not work today. The device (mobile device vs non mobile device) may determine functionality (or not). And non of them work well on version 7 Blackberry OS today but...

As noted above,

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/wireles...en/home.action

but I find mobile.holidayinn.com easier to remember...

Best I can tell all list all Priority Club reservations.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Modified is often a good thing as upgrades are indicated by the modified status.
That's my experience with modified.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
That's my experience with modified.
Same here... Although, details of the upgrade not always visible till nearer the time of arrival.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
We RAs see this frequently with IC brand stays. It indicates that our originally booked room has been upgraded to either a suite or a Club level room. Sometimes this change can be seen online, other times the notation indicates one must call IC to view or make changes to the booking.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 1:32 pm

What a bizarre way of doing things. I noticed a reservation of mine for a night in Lille, France using my PCR Visa annual free night certificate had changed from "confirmed" to "modified," so I did the first thing any good FTer would do: search FT for a relevant thread.

The odd thing is that the reservation on the mobile site does mention the "Annual Free Night Certificate for PCR Visa/Chase Cardholders" next to a little "i" graphic in the "Your Stay" section, but then it shows an estimated total of 137.75EUR for the stay. Since the PCR cert is noted in the res, I shouldn't have any issues, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.