Search

number of nights credited when using the BOGO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2013, 8:52 am

One or two nights for a BOGO-Stay

IC Düsseldorf this month: 2 Nights
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:53 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I received at the same hotel, where I used a BOGO twice, one and a year later two nights credited. (IC FRA)

As a sidenote, I am not really sure, if it is helpful if we post the hotel doing it not with the rules on a silver platter and let them know, that they should change it.

My approach is, I expect one night, if I get two, it is nice, but not expected and I would never think about selecting an Intercontiental for the use of BOGO just for the reason if the credit one or two nights.
Old May 6, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: United 1K, Alaska Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by yucci18
search for the FT... It has been discussed many times.. one night qualifying... you may get lucky when hotel posts 2 nights... Some posts zero nights and you will have to call PC.
Could you help me on some searching criteria for that? I've been trying to search for such experiences to guide my booking recently, but it's really hard to get such kind of information. Should we get a summarizing thread for BOGO staying counting 1 night or 2 nights?
Anyway, thank you very much for helping in ahead!
Old May 7, 2013, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
As raised in the other thread, this tends to be a variable matter. Last year my Ambassador BOGO stays all posted with one night's credit. This year, they are posting with two...as in the many years prior. 2 for 1 stays often post as two nights, but sometimes the rate (when split in two) drops below the eligible rate threshold, doesn't even get one night! This can be quite vexing...
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
For the record when making the reservation online with the BOGO it tells you 0 points for the stay. Even though we all know that is incorrect.
It also had the "rack rate" for the stay for both nights - I called reservations and they said this is always the case - that until the BOGO is presented the second night is booked as a "paid" night. But a day later the hotel changed it. We'll see how it goes.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
IC NYC Barclay: 2 qualified nights.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
So has anyone failed to score ANY qualifying nights despite followup with the AMB Service Centre? How about getting credit just for the Saturday night?

This is important stuff if I want to get all my bonus points in the Big Win!
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by Explore
So has anyone failed to score ANY qualifying nights despite followup with the AMB Service Centre? How about getting credit just for the Saturday night?

This is important stuff if I want to get all my bonus points in the Big Win!
I'm interested in anyones view on this? I have the same problem with "Big Win 2". I have booked a european IC using the Amb Voucher, but during booking it said 0 points. I'm happy to challenge them on the phone if it posts as non-qualifying (and accept 1 night, I need the stay for the brand) but I certainly don't want to end up with zero nights.

Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by essexadventurer
I'm interested in anyones view on this? I have the same problem with "Big Win 2". I have booked a european IC using the Amb Voucher, but during booking it said 0 points. I'm happy to challenge them on the phone if it posts as non-qualifying (and accept 1 night, I need the stay for the brand) but I certainly don't want to end up with zero nights.

Thanks!
o Should usually post as 1x Qual night. Some hotels are known to consistantly post as 2 nights which is to me just a 1333point bonus on my Ambassador Accelerator

o If unlucky to find posted as 0 qual nights, contacting Amb Desk shoud always result in correction to 1x qual night (Amb Desk will not credit as 2x qual nights)
Old Jan 5, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by scubaccr
o Should usually post as 1x Qual night. Some hotels are known to consistantly post as 2 nights which is to me just a 1333point bonus on my Ambassador Accelerator

o If unlucky to find posted as 0 qual nights, contacting Amb Desk shoud always result in correction to 1x qual night (Amb Desk will not credit as 2x qual nights)
Thanks - will keep booking in place! First time I've actually used this voucher!
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Can the hotel staff change this adjust this when you check in? I will using my BOGO next month for first time.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:13 pm

I will be trying to use the BOGO certificate at IC Chicago this weekend. I tried to reserve online for best flexible rate for two nights, and immediately called the hotel to make a note that free night certificate will be used. Would this be better than reserving the BOGO rate online and then arguing with the Ambassador Services after the fact? It is under my impression that Accounting Services will be just changing the final bill if I first reserve two nights of best flexible rates.

FYI: Best flexible and BOGO rates are exactly the same cost.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
I will be trying to use the BOGO certificate at IC Chicago this weekend. I tried to reserve online for best flexible rate for two nights, and immediately called the hotel to make a note that free night certificate will be used. Would this be better than reserving the BOGO rate online and then arguing with the Ambassador Services after the fact? It is under my impression that Accounting Services will be just changing the final bill if I first reserve two nights of best flexible rates.

FYI: Best flexible and BOGO rates are exactly the same cost.
In order to be eligable to use the Ambassador Weekend voucher , the ambassador weekend rate is specifically required to be used. If you turn up just having booked a flexible rate, then I would be expecting to have to pay for both nights

I would recommend rebooking using the correct rate

There would be nothing to argue with Ambassador services if you fail to meet the requirements for the voucher use
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
In order to be eligable to use the Ambassador Weekend voucher , the ambassador weekend rate is specifically required to be used. If you turn up just having booked a flexible rate, then I would be expecting to have to pay for both nights

I would recommend rebooking using the correct rate

There would be nothing to argue with Ambassador services if you fail to meet the requirements for the voucher use
Just tried to see if the system is smart enough to still get me the points after the adjustments by the hotel. Called the AMB service to change the rate into AMBWeekend rates, the number of points earned immediately goes back to 0. Probably have to call the AMB services afterwards.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:35 am

Programs: FB Gold, IC Gold Amb, Le Club Plat.
At Intercontinental Da Nang Sun Peninsular, you shall get credited 2 nights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.