Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Paris Opera Grands Boulevards (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA; The Peninsula
I telephoned Priority Club for clarification.

HI Grands Boulevards is still 25,000 points/night. So, no changes.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat+++
This hotel used to be 15,000 and moved up to 25,000 with the recent changes. You should be able to still get the 15,000 pt per night if you call. It was one of the outliers because it is relatively new.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17845554-post10.html
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA; The Peninsula
Originally Posted by PWMFlyer19
This hotel used to be 15,000 and moved up to 25,000 with the recent changes. You should be able to still get the 15,000 pt per night if you call. It was one of the outliers because it is relatively new.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17845554-post10.html
Based on PWMFlyer19's comment, I decided to call again and this time was able to book at the old rate of 15,000 points/night. Keep in mind the points+cash option is still available, so you can book for 5,000 points + $60.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:00 pm

Got it for 15,000 =)

So i called and got transferred to a Priority club person rather than reservations.
No mention of one time only and no mention of 10,000 point gifts.

Anyways 3 nights at 25,000 removed from account with 30,000 point put back in. Not bad if I may say so.

Thanks for all your help!
Old Mar 16, 2012, 3:32 pm

Not perfect but really highly recommended!!

Just completed 4 night stay on points (at the old 15k rate).

+++++
Fantastic location!! - We loved the vibrant area.
Decent sized modern room with a comfy bed.
Great transport links - Metro outside door & not too far from Roissybus.
Very friendly & helpful staff - especially Jean - but all the staff were very friendly & professional.

=====
Some noise from street - The soundproofing was pretty good but there was some serious partying going down on Sat night (& Sun morning). We didn't find it disturbed us too much & we found it quite entertaining that the street was still packed with revellers at 5.30am.
Personally I wouldn't choose a courtyard room - they looked quite a lot smaller on the plans.
Breakfast at €18 pp - was OK & represented only reasonable value

-----
No plat recognition
Poor Internet speed - Wireless Internet wasn't too expensive (€6 per 24hrs) but the speed was barely 0.5MB - so only just about good enough for a little surfing & checking e-mails.
Room very hot - Admittedly it was mild for March but the Air-con was switched off & it was practically impossible to cool the room to lower than 25C. The staff were very good and offered us 2 other rooms to see if they were cooler. The room we went for was on a higher floor & was a tiny bit cooler.
The staff said that it was because the hotel was very well insulated when it was rebuilt but I'm certain we weren't the only people complaining. Surely they could arrange to turn on the Air con if it is too warm.

Overall though we had a fantastic time & would definitely recommend the Hotel.

Last edited by SamsoniteBoy; Mar 17, 2012 at 11:25 am
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Planning on booking this for February, any experiences lately??

It will be for 2 bed room.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Hi all -
Last stay report was 10+ years ago. Any updates? Bump bump bump
With HI ND out of the IHG system and Montmatre seemingly too far (relatively) away this HI might be the place to stay

Cheers
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:54 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Due to my usual IC PLG being booked out, I am currently in the HI Grand Boulevard. I am not of course trying to compare as the former is double the price of the latter, and review it with an open mind.

Location and view: it's within walking distance of the Louvre (15 minutes) but in a rather average area. Convenient metro access nearby. The views from the rooms is totally uninteresting (the main function of windows is to let light in).

Check-in and recognition: the people at the front desk are smiling and nice. A "thank-you-for-your-loyalty" greeting was mentionned, I was offered the benefits. A welcome note was present in the room, handwritten. It was a nice touch. I was informed that booking the breakfast at check-in was € 19 and on-the-day at 23 €. I declined initially, but, afterwards after checking the Internet for breakfast pictures, I decided to have it at the hotel and I called the reception and they added it on the booking. It was no longer "check-in" but neither "on the breakfast day" so they could have said no. I was given the code for the free wifi.

The room: OMG it's small... But TBH in this price range it's not _that_ small. The shower stall was spacious enough. Pictures will say more than a thousand words.

The corridor leading to the room.

A basin.

The bed takes half of the room.

The other half of the room. THe working area is rather impractical due to the ceiling. You can put a laptop on the table, but barely.

The bathroom.

The shower stall.

On the plus side, there are power plugs right by the bed, so you can use your favorite device in your bed without worrying about power cords being too short.

Breakfast: Extremely satisfying. At 19 € it's a full buffet (pastries, coffee, fresh orange juice, other regular juice, fresh fruit salad, cheese plate, eggs, jams, salad, saucage, potatoes, bacon, salmon, mushrooms, beans, bacon, coffee). The breakfast room is spacious and nice. I was also greeted at breakfast with a mention of my status.

Extra: there is a lounge area with table where one can work quietly, in the basement. It's comfortable and well-lit.

All in all, I am fully satisfied with this hotel given the price paid.

Last edited by Richelieu; Apr 27, 2023 at 4:37 am
Old Jun 25, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by Richelieu
Due to my usual IC PLG being booked out, I am currently in the HI Grand Boulevard. I am not of course trying to compare as the former is double the price of the latter, and review it with an open mind.

Location and view: it's within walking distance of the Louvre (15 minutes) but in a rather average area. Convenient metro access nearby. The views from the rooms is totally uninteresting (the main function of windows is to let light in).

Check-in and recognition: the people at the front desk are smiling and nice. A "thank-you-for-your-loyalty" greeting was mentionned, I was offered the benefits. A welcome note was present in the room, handwritten. It was a nice touch. I was informed that booking the breakfast at check-in was € 19 and on-the-day at 23 €. I declined initially, but, afterwards after checking the Internet for breakfast pictures, I decided to have it at the hotel and I called the reception and they added it on the booking. It was no longer "check-in" but neither "on the breakfast day" so they could have said no. I was given the code for the free wifi.

The room: OMG it's small... But TBH in this price range it's not _that_ small. The shower stall was spacious enough. Pictures will say more than a thousand words.
(...)
On the plus side, there are power plugs right by the bed, so you can use your favorite device in your bed without worrying about power cords being too short.

Breakfast: Extremely satisfying. At 19 € it's a full buffet (pastries, coffee, fresh orange juice, other regular juice, fresh fruit salad, cheese plate, eggs, jams, salad, saucage, potatoes, bacon, salmon, mushrooms, beans, bacon, coffee). The breakfast room is spacious and nice. I was also greeted at breakfast with a mention of my status.

Extra: there is a lounge area with table where one can work quietly, in the basement. It's comfortable and well-lit.

All in all, I am fully satisfied with this hotel given the price paid.
Wasn't complimentary breakfast available as your Diamond amenity?

Any additional reviews or restaurant suggestions in the area?

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jun 29, 2023 at 10:03 am Reason: deleted pictures out of quoted pos
Old Jun 25, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond AMB, M&M SEN
I agree with the opinion above. Additionally we were able to check in early back in April in one of the two booked rooms (arrived 11:30).
Another thing about breakfast I liked they have dedicated IHG One tables which were never fully occupied.

We visited and were happy (both quality and price) with Le Brebant (same building not sure whether it is affiliated with the hotel) and Le Cardinal 😀

Last edited by koriobg; Jun 25, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Old Jun 26, 2023, 8:59 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Anyone know hotel provides a hot water kettle in all the rooms?
Old Jun 26, 2023, 2:31 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Wasn't complimentary breakfast available as your Diamond amenity?
It is, but at the time of this stay I was still Plat.

Anyone know hotel provides a hot water kettle in all the rooms?
They do, with a few bags of herbal tea and dessicated coffee.
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2023, 2:42 pm

Programs: QF Plat, IHG RA, Marriott Plat
Are you on a hot water kettle tour of Europe @fmkgb

Same question in Kimpton and Crowne Plaza Kings X threads…and don’t get me wrong, I love a cup of tea.

Last edited by DonPedro; Jun 26, 2023 at 2:48 pm
Old Jun 26, 2023, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by DonPedro
Are you on a hot water kettle tour of Europe @fmkgb

Same question in Kimpton London …. and don’t get me wrong, I love a cup of tea.
Yes, kind of. I love my morning cuppa as much as any Brit or Japanese and if hotel rooms or cruise ship cabins (yes I know it's a no no) dont have a kettle I bring my own. (Nespresso makers and coffee pots dont heat water hot enough for a proper cut of tea). Checking hotels so hopefully I dont have to schlep mine.

UPDATE: For others interested: Hotel confirmed that all guest rooms have hot water kettle.
DonPedro and 3rdworldresident like this.

Last edited by fmkgb; Jun 28, 2023 at 8:07 am
Old Apr 11, 2024, 2:26 pm

UPDATE: For others interested: Hotel confirmed that all guest rooms have hot water kettle.
If anyone is interested, some rooms, but not all, do provide an in-room Nespresso machine as well, with regular and decaf capsules. This is mentioned in the room description. You also have a for-a-fee Starbucks machine in the lobby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.