Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza Key West - La Concha (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Crowne Plaza Key West - La Concha (Master Thread)

everything read about this was sort of old so i posted this...
so the wife and i are planning a key west trip for maybe the first part of june in 2012. i was thinking of flying in (AA to FLL?) on moday and staying the first night in miami - maybe Wyndham Garden Hotel Miami South Beach, renting a convertible, prefer mustang over sebring, driving to key west and staying tues-thurs - maybe Crowne Plaza : KEY WEST-LA CONCHA and then spending fri and sat back in miami and leaving sunday.
i was looking at the Crowne Plaza - Z Ocean Hotel South Beach Miami for the fri and sat stay.
for the Crowne Plaza : KEY WEST-LA CONCHA, do you think i could get points stay here or will they not be available? how earily can i book? i'm waiting on my pc chase card so i would be platium, so are there any fees other than parking (Self parking: USD 20 per night) w reward night and plat?

Last edited by mtbmtb01; Aug 14, 2011 at 10:16 am
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:14 am
Original Poster

ps
i was also thinking of a b&b instead of a chain if my points are lacking or i just want to pay. the cheaper ones on website show:

$112
total w/taxes
Blue Parrot Inn
916 Elizabeth Street map 0.9 mi
6/10 user rating

$124
estimated total
w/taxes
Merlin Guesthouse
811 Simonton St map 1.0 mi
7/10 user rating

$122
total w/taxes
Albury Court Hotel
1030 Eaton Street map 1.0 mi
8/10 user rating

$126
estimated total
w/taxes
Chelsea House Pool & Gardens
707 Truman Ave map 0.9 mi
7/10 user rating

$138
estimated total
w/taxes
Key Lime Inn
725 Truman Ave map 0.9 mi
9/10 user rating

anybody stay at one of these or have another suggestion?
Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: priority club, aeroplan, air miles
Crown Plaza Key West

We stayed here in February using points and were not disappointed. As platinum we did not pay for parking. We paid nothing and were upgraded. They have a wonderful roof top to view the sun set. Everything was just down the road whether it was dining or seeing the sites or going to bars. We were upgraded and were very happy here. So much so we hope to go back.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:58 am
Original Poster

just stayed there for 3 days on points. upgraded to corner room - 640 on top floor but not facing duval. enjoyed it.
when we got there the front desk said our reseverations had somehow been cancelled. email priority club, but still no reply. anyway the front desk worked it all out. free vallet parking as a platinum member. nice pool and great view on the rooftop. would love to stay again.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: Doing GS11, probably affiliated with every program out there
Originally Posted by slovak1
We stayed here in February using points and were not disappointed. As platinum we did not pay for parking. We paid nothing and were upgraded. They have a wonderful roof top to view the sun set. Everything was just down the road whether it was dining or seeing the sites or going to bars. We were upgraded and were very happy here. So much so we hope to go back.
My wife and I were there last Sep but had a bit of different experience. I used points + cash option after a cruise (out of Miami) for 2 nights. The only thing I got for being platinum is no paring fee. Was told they don't upgrade for points stays. I got a room on the 2nd floor facing the courtyard and the room comes with a window with crakced glass on it and I had to tell my 3-year old to not play near it. I did write a review of my stay on travel advisors and right now I feel like I am duplicating the reivew :P so I will stop here and just say that the hotel itself shows its ages (either a pro or con depend on what kind of place you like) and the location is great. The hotel room itself is workable but not something i look forward to go back to
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:22 am

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
I've stayed here several times on points (most recently a week this Feb) and it's a very convenient location, but I'd say a crummy CP. Rooms are run down. Pool area is very small. The rooftop bar is a zoo at sunset. But there was some sort of renovation going on while I was there in Feb., so maybe good things are ahead. At the times I've visited, points has made the property an exceptional value.

You mention the Key Lime Inn as an alternative. I've stayed there and it's lovely. Rooms are like cottages and spacious and a nice continental bfast delivered to your door with the newpaper daily. Pool is extremely small, but is a very quaint property. It's off Duval, which makes is a quieter location. But it's not far from the action and a nice walk to the beach.

Just my two cents. Enjoy!
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:41 pm

Z ocean hotel is epic
-Upgraded to a jacuzi suite facing Collins Ave
-Free beach towel/chair down at the beach
-Beach across a back alley next to the Starbucks

CP Hollywood (FLL) also very good!
-Free valet parking
-Nice upgrade to a suite
-Cheap 2 for 1 early bird meals
-Massive pool/bar
-Beach across the street (Hotel faces the canal)

These are 2 great hotels that offer many perks to plats!

Had a great vacation last summer using these 2!!
Old Jun 17, 2012, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

we stayed at the Z ocean hotel on this trip too. got the same deal as you. really enjoyed it. $32/night for parking but that seems the norm. they were very attentative to our needs. was on the second floor jacuzi suite facing Collins Ave. air could have worked a little better for the wife's hot flashes. reported it in the z thread. but overall we enjoyed both our free stays on points at both these cp's.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 1:22 pm

No free parking for Platinum at Z Ocean?

Do you think it is worth it to self park down the street? I don't really like people driving my car.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

no as stated it's $32/night. i looked at a few lots down the street and most were $25. felt safer w on site since it's in the basement of the hotel.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:08 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Stayed at the Key West Crowne Plaza La Concha, March 5-7, 2014. Still no charge for valet parking for Platinum Elite. When I checked in, they made no mention of the parking charge nor did they mention my status. At checkout, I was told no charges (on points stay).

New lobby and lobby bar are beautiful. Construction is completed in that area. I didn't see any other construction going on but there were plenty of construction materials in the valet parking lot.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Thanks for the update. How's the rooms these days? I stayed a few years back and they were a bit tired.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 12:22 pm

I stayed at this Place 3 years ago, it was really awful; tiny, dark, moldy smelling rooms.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
I stayed at this Place 3 years ago, it was really awful; tiny, dark, moldy smelling rooms.
Stayed there 2 years ago booked at old rate of 25k,indeed small rooms.The rates are quite high compared to quality of room and neither I can justify spending at today's new rate 35k for award nights.However the hotel location is perfect .
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mitelsp
Stayed there 2 years ago booked at old rate of 25k,indeed small rooms.The rates are quite high compared to quality of room and neither I can justify spending at today's new rate 35k for award nights.However the hotel location is perfect .
It's 45K, not 35K. Rates were running over $400 per night during my dates.

The lobby makes this appear to be a 4* or even 4.5* hotel but the rooms are that of a 3.5*, at best. What I disliked in the room most was the fact you can hear everything in the hallway. I mean everything. Loud. Also, the front desk staff is indifferent at best. They'd rather just not deal with you no matter what. I found the rest of the staff just great and friendly, though.

The rooms were clean. They certainly were not moldy or dank. The air conditioning system keep the room quite dry. The only thing I didn't like is the a/c turns off without activity in the room...like while you are sleeping.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.