Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last Minute Rewards?

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2011, 4:51 am

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
while i haven't tried to book a 50% off award, i can definitely see availability for them....& i don't live in the US....
The list works while you are logged into your account and you don't have a US based address with PC? I'm not trying to be difficult, genuinely curious as to who gets to see it and who doesn't. It may be a browser issue (i've tried 2) or some other thing but i need to log out of my PC account and clear my cookies before it lets me see them.

the fact is that when pc says 'globally' then that doesn't necessarily mean that they are referring to their hotels all over the world....they could be referring to their members all over the world....
Well it could mean that if you take a tortured legalistic view. But i'd suggest common sense suggests that "you are going to get an email" means you are going to get an email and "globally" means that it will involve places other than the United States. I would suggest that even if they won the legal argument they aren't making any friends by promoting this as a "global" program when it in all practical senses isn't.
Old May 6, 2011, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
The list works while you are logged into your account and you don't have a US based address with PC? I'm not trying to be difficult, genuinely curious as to who gets to see it and who doesn't. It may be a browser issue (i've tried 2) or some other thing but i need to log out of my PC account and clear my cookies before it lets me see them.
no US address....its working for me....but like i said before, i haven't tried to make a booking but i can see the discounted options....

Well it could mean that if you take a tortured legalistic view. But i'd suggest common sense suggests that "you are going to get an email" means you are going to get an email and "globally" means that it will involve places other than the United States. I would suggest that even if they won the legal argument they aren't making any friends by promoting this as a "global" program when it in all practical senses isn't.
i completely agree with your theory....its just the lawyer in me that's playing devil's advocate....
Old May 6, 2011, 6:14 am

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
i completely agree with your theory....its just the lawyer in me that's playing devil's advocate....
I should have guessed you were a lawyer
Old May 6, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
For those complaining about people complaining, for many of us it simply DOESN'T WORK and it IS NOT WHAT WAS ADVERTISED.

This is the information that PC published about last minute rewards:

It was advertised as Global program. I can't find a single property from outside the United States.

No email was sent (to me at least). Perhaps the experience in the US was different.

Even if i am willing to overlook those two issues, even if i was in the US as an international user I can't access the listing from within my account (i have to log out AND clear my cookies). I simply get a "There were no items found in the category you selected. Please select another category, or if you have searched within a specific point range please clear your point selection." (Obviously i've cleared my points selection multiple times) - so even if i found something and wanted to book it i couldn't using this part of the site.

Obviously for some US based members (and perhaps for some other countries) it's working fine. However that doesn't mean that everyone else's complaints are unwarranted or over the top. It works for some, it doesn't work for others. As it was advertised as an offer to all then those for whom it doesn't work have a legitimate gripe.
Alright already. I'm convinced. I'm jumping on the gripe wagon. Or maybe I'll give 'em the first month to do some fine tuning. But they're only getting this one chance dang it. If they screw up next month I'm definitely on the gripe wagon. But only because I know that will make everything better.
Old May 6, 2011, 3:43 pm

"Globally"

Apparently, their copywriter is a person from their I.T. department.
Old May 6, 2011, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Priority Club: Platinum, Avis: First
Cannot see any hotels....

I have cleared cookies, etc....and cannot see any of the last minute deals. I saw them earlier in the week.

I logged in to my account, and they are not there anymore.

FT's -- can see the last minute hotels for the U.S? or since it is after Thursday it gets pulled down?
Old May 6, 2011, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I should have guessed you were a lawyer
The let lawyers on FT?
Old May 7, 2011, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by dwg1
or since it is after Thursday it gets pulled down?
correct....will be available again next month....
Old May 16, 2011, 5:56 pm

Programs: Marriott- Platinum, IHG - Platinum, Hyatt - Globalist, CC - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, BW - Platinum S
Only one weekend we had last minute rewards, I do not see any informations after the first May weekend. Is this program discontinued or they plan to offer only on the first weekend every month?

I would like appreciate if anyone share the last information's that they know of this program
Old May 16, 2011, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by silverfalls
Only one weekend we had last minute rewards, I do not see any informations after the first May weekend. Is this program discontinued or they plan to offer only on the first weekend every month?

I would like appreciate if anyone share the last information's that they know of this program
It's the first weekend of every month. So a couple more weeks until the next one.
Old May 16, 2011, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by silverfalls

as per their t&c you should see more last minute rewards starting on the 31st of this month & you can book for the 3rd, 4th & 5th of june....
Old May 17, 2011, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott- Platinum, IHG - Platinum, Hyatt - Globalist, CC - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, BW - Platinum S
Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.^
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:00 am

Anything for June?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Plenty (for US-CA)
Last Minute Reward Nights (222)
Canada (8)
United States (214)
Old Jun 2, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: IC, WN, Hyatt, Avis
Canadian hotels bookable by Canadians only?

Saw that Canadian hotels were availablein this months rewards specials but when I clicked on Redeem - it took me to the main Reservation page.

However when I filled in all the details of the hotel on the main reservation page and selected Reward Nights I would have been able to book a room at 7,500 points.

Still can't book hotels in the US though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.