Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last Minute Rewards?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011, 5:17 pm

Programs: IC - Platinum RA, Qantas - Silver
Wow! Just wow.

If they do now take away point breaks as well that will be just great.

Go IHG.
Old May 4, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: SQ
i think this will like produce 10 extra bookings a month....no one knows about it except for us point-obsessed FTers and the hotels listed are basically random garbage on very limited dates....

ok, i can understand if pointbreaks are garbage hotels because that's really a good deal, but this isn't convenient at all logistically and for the properties to be just as bad as PB...lame
Old May 4, 2011, 7:10 pm

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by brasov02
Holy cow. I seriously have never seen the amount of whining, complaining and impatience in FT forums that can compare to the PC board. If everything doesn't run perfectly smooth and completely error-free from the first moment a promotion begin, PC sucks, their IT sucks, and life sucks in general. Try relaxing and give the guys some time to work the kinks out. Geesh.
Sorry but incompetence is incompetence.

This is very poorly managed - i can understand that it's a bit rich for people to complain about the choice of hotels. But if the product as advertised is supposed to include hotels around the globe (and is promoted to members in places around the globe) and then only applies to ones in the US then people have a right to be a little p'ed off.

Not to mention the basic failures in communication. If this was a project by undergraduate marketing student you'd fail them.
Old May 5, 2011, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Well, I'm giving PC some time to fix this. Overall, it's a roll-out and it doesn't go imperfect.

Ovrerall, if they keep PB with this I'm happy. ^

BTW, when clicking redeem it automatically loads the dates. ^

Also, seems P&C also goes at 50% (for pts).
Old May 5, 2011, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Well, I'm giving PC some time to fix this. Overall, it's a roll-out and it doesn't go imperfect.

Ovrerall, if they keep PB with this I'm happy. ^

BTW, when clicking redeem it automatically loads the dates. ^

Also, seems P&C also goes at 50% (for pts).
Hi, what are P&C? I'll probably feel stupid for not figuring it out.
Old May 5, 2011, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by chalkitdown
Hi, what are P&C? I'll probably feel stupid for not figuring it out.
Points and cash
Old May 5, 2011, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Points and cash

Thanks.
Old May 5, 2011, 9:52 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MattGreenfield
You can't sort by region so you have to scroll through them all and hopefully you know where the hotel is because it only lists the city. At least with the old Point Breaks the list was broken out by state.
This is my biggest beef with this list, post not only the city but the State for God's sake!!!!
Originally Posted by brasov02
Try relaxing and give the guys some time to work the kinks out. Geesh.
forgetting to put a state or better search method is not soemthing I should have to give PC time for, it should be a basic requirement of a site they put up, big difference between a kink and a lack of foresight. Kinks happen, lack of foresight is shoddy planning.
Old May 5, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: ihg plat, hh gold, hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
This is my biggest beef with this list, post not only the city but the State for God's sake!!!!
that's already been discussed and answered
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16329021-post42.html
Old May 5, 2011, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I think it is posted by states, you can sort that way at least.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:41 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I think it is posted by states, you can sort that way at least.
But they didn't have that method up IMMEDIATELY!! Inexcusable! The kinks, sorry, the "lack of foresight" (which is something completely different) in this promotion is pathetic. Now give me my cheese dang it! (If you can't beat 'em, join 'em )
Old May 6, 2011, 2:03 am

Programs: VA Plat, TK E, HH Dia, IHG Gold
For those complaining about people complaining, for many of us it simply DOESN'T WORK and it IS NOT WHAT WAS ADVERTISED.

This is the information that PC published about last minute rewards:

"Last Minute Reward Nights” will allow Priority Club members globally to redeem Reward Nights at a 50% discount off the regular point price, for selected properties. Members will receive an e-mail on Monday providing a list of hotels where this offer will be available the following weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Initially, this program will be offered on the first full weekend of every month, starting with May 6, 7 and 8, 2011.
It was advertised as Global program. I can't find a single property from outside the United States.

No email was sent (to me at least). Perhaps the experience in the US was different.

Even if i am willing to overlook those two issues, even if i was in the US as an international user I can't access the listing from within my account (i have to log out AND clear my cookies). I simply get a "There were no items found in the category you selected. Please select another category, or if you have searched within a specific point range please clear your point selection." (Obviously i've cleared my points selection multiple times) - so even if i found something and wanted to book it i couldn't using this part of the site.

Obviously for some US based members (and perhaps for some other countries) it's working fine. However that doesn't mean that everyone else's complaints are unwarranted or over the top. It works for some, it doesn't work for others. As it was advertised as an offer to all then those for whom it doesn't work have a legitimate gripe.
Old May 6, 2011, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by qwertyuiop
For those complaining about people complaining, for many of us it simply DOESN'T WORK and it IS NOT WHAT WAS ADVERTISED.

This is the information that PC published about last minute rewards:

"Last Minute Reward Nights” will allow Priority Club members globally to redeem Reward Nights at a 50% discount off the regular point price, for selected properties. Members will receive an e-mail on Monday providing a list of hotels where this offer will be available the following weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. Initially, this program will be offered on the first full weekend of every month, starting with May 6, 7 and 8, 2011.
It was advertised as Global program. I can't find a single property from outside the United States.
sorry for playing devil's advocate here but the above information could also mean that members from all over the globe can book select hotels at 50% off....it doesn't necessarily mean that the properties are all over the globe....
Old May 6, 2011, 4:13 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by Keyser
... could also mean that members from all over the globe can book select hotels at 50% off....
Thing is ,they currently can't even do that-
Old May 6, 2011, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by docklander
Thing is ,they currently can't even do that-
while i haven't tried to book a 50% off award, i can definitely see availability for them....& i don't live in the US....

the fact is that when pc says 'globally' then that doesn't necessarily mean that they are referring to their hotels all over the world....they could be referring to their members all over the world....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.