Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Early Departure Fee

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by TsarTsar
Hi: BHDBOY, Points Scrounger & Kipper.

Many thanks for your comments. I will take your advise and leave on Sat AM with my key (and add it to my collection of 100's of other keys). This is preferable to wriggling across reception floor on my belly towards the main door. LOL

I will call the hotel later and advise them that I had to leave in a hurry and didn't have time to check out.

Thanks again. ^
Wait to call them until the day you are scheduled to check-out. DO NOT call them later the day you leave, but wait until the day they think you are leaving.

If you are supposed to check out on Sunday, you could call them Sunday morning, before check-out and say, "I overslept, was in a hurry to leave to get to the airport, and forgot to stop at the desk to check-out. I just wanted to be sure you knew I'd checked-out today, as scheduled. Thanks!"

If you are scheduled to check out on a Sunday, but leave Saturday, do not call them on Saturday.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Agreed - call them day-of-checkout, maybe even by 9AM local time so it can be marked "ready" all the sooner for a person who may need it long before 3PM (I've seen folks checking in before then when I've been checking out).
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Agreed - call them day-of-checkout, maybe even by 9AM local time so it can be marked "ready" all the sooner for a person who may need it long before 3PM (I've seen folks checking in before then when I've been checking out).
This is a good point, especially since housekeeping won't have to do too much to turn the room that morning.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority club
Waived the fee...

Thanks for all the advice/info..
Update - The hotel waived the fee, I think I will be booking individuakl stays from now on, unless I can 100% stay for the booked time..

James
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Priority club
Am having my first go at booking individual bookings at the CP Manchester Airport, seems like a pain, but as long as it save me £50

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.