Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza - Z Ocean Hotel South Beach Miami (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2011, 7:39 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pete4abw
IMO the best rooms are on the second floor facing the pool. You get your own lounge chairs, sliding doors right onto the pool deck. It's quieter than the roof rooms where you get all the Collins Avenue noise and smoke and pollution!
nice tip. how late is the pool deck open until?
Old Aug 5, 2011, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
nice tip. how late is the pool deck open until?
I think it closes at sunset.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: AA CO US WN Marriott Hilton Holiday Inn Wyndham Hyatt Avis Budget Hertz National
Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes, but your sliding door is open all the time. So while you may not be able to enter the pool via the hallway door, or outside stairs, you can exit from your room. YMMV and the hotel may not appreciate it. Another advantage of this room type though.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
seems early but I'm fine with that. I just didn't want to request a room like pete4abw mentions and have a party scene outside my room as there is enough of a party going on while on South Beach.
Yes, but your sliding door is open all the time.
sounds divine. I haven't been to South Beach in years, I'm looking forward to some good drinking, sunning and a meal at Puerto Sagua. (please make that multiples of each)
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:35 am

Programs: AA CO US WN Marriott Hilton Holiday Inn Wyndham Hyatt Avis Budget Hertz National
snip...I haven't been to South Beach in years, I'm looking forward to some good drinking, sunning and a meal at Puerto Sagua. (please make that multiples of each)
+1 for PS. For my taste, the area around 12-16th streets on Collins has gotten way too crazy, loud, and crowded. Jerry's is the best part of Z. Get a nice anything anytime!

More recently, we've gone to either the South Beach Marriott or Fontainebleau. The pointe can be quieter, and there is Big Pink to take place of Jerry's. It's a nice healthy walk up the esplanade to Lincoln Road or any of the activities on Ocean or Collins.

Next trip, we are going to the Conrad in Miami (Brickell) just to see a new neighborhood. I'll probably still end up at Sushi Samba.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:09 pm

Jerry's is the best part of Z. Get a nice anything anytime!
Is Jerry's the place that took over Rascal House?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flori...iami-deli.html
-
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:35 pm

Is Jerry's the place that took over Rascal House?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flori...iami-deli.html
-
Jerry's took over Wolfies and moved it down to 14th street.

Jerry's Famous Deli
Old Aug 7, 2011, 7:00 am

Will be staying here on a reward night shortly. Guys know of any good decent places to go eat nearby? Any good night clubs w/ good live djs?

Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2011, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by hearna
Will be staying here on a reward night shortly. Guys know of any good decent places to go eat nearby? Any good night clubs w/ good live djs?

Thanks!
I can speak for eating. These are places I visited.

On Espanola Way: Tapas y Tintos
On Lincoln Road: Maya, Balans, Baires, and of course Sushi Samba
On Collins Ave: Puerto Saqua, Spiga

At the Pointe: Joe's Stone Crab (way, way overpriced and overrated IMO).
Smith & Wollensky is there, but I have not eaten there.

I know Liv, at the Fontainebleau is the hot spot, but according to many, either you know someone or it costs $$$$ to get in. I do not like any of the places on Ocean.

Enjoy!
Old Aug 7, 2011, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
There is a thread somewhere here on Flyertalk where we were discussing nearby places recently. Walking distance you have Clevelander for the busiest dance spot, even on Monday nights. Has been that way for years. And I love Larios on the Beach for Cuban food.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 4:24 pm

I just stayed at the CP Times Square and there was a flyer at the front desk promoting a special offer for the Z Ocean:

Stay at the Z Ocean Hotel SoBe Miami for two-consecutive nights between April 25 and October 13, 2011 to receive:

- A Gift Certificate for a Two-Night Stay Return Visit
- Welcome Drinks upon Arrival
- A Complementary Bottle of Wine with Purchase of Dinner at Front Porch Cafe
- Complementary Breakfast for Two
(Daily Resort Fee included)

Call 1800-227-6963 and request for promo code IJHD3 - "Experience SOBE".
It sounds like a really good offer (if the room rate of the promo is not twice as much as the regular rate on their website) and I asked the front desk lady at the CP Times Square how it works with the certificate. She didn't know exactly but said you have to be a PC member so I assume they credit you 50.000 Points which would be good for two nights at the Z Ocean.

My next stay in Miami is in March but I thought I post it here. If somebody calls and asks about the promo, let us know about the rates compared to the website.

Thanks.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Hosserunda
I just stayed at the CP Times Square and there was a flyer at the front desk promoting a special offer for the Z Ocean:snip...
It could be due to the fact there was a shooting a block away from the hotel a month or two ago. The area has gotten a little sketchy at night and loud. Maybe their bookings are down as a result, hence the promotion.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Hosserunda
I just stayed at the CP Times Square and there was a flyer at the front desk promoting a special offer for the Z Ocean:
It sounds like a really good offer (if the room rate of the promo is not twice as much as the regular rate on their website) and I asked the front desk lady at the CP Times Square how it works with the certificate. She didn't know exactly but said you have to be a PC member so I assume they credit you 50.000 Points which would be good for two nights at the Z Ocean.
My next stay in Miami is in March but I thought I post it here. If somebody calls and asks about the promo, let us know about the rates compared to the website.Thanks.
Thank for posting, this could be a good deal....depending on the rate.

You will need to call to confirm rate code/promo details and to book. I took a look at the rate code (IJHD3) @ IHG.com for 2 weekend nights (Sept 16-18). The promo rate was $429+ vs an AP rate of $272+
This is the rate code information that came up (obviously not the same promo as described above, thus the need to call):

The Z Spa Package includes luxurious king bed suite accommodations, a Full American Breakfast for two at The Front Porch Cafe, and two 60 minute Full Body soothing massage treatments.
Couples can now experience the ultimate getaway package to celebrate romance and relaxation. Induldge in the luxurious settings of our chic suites, oversized baths with seven shower heads. You may select to have your massage treatment in your suite or on your pricate terrace.
Two night minimum stay required. Taxes and gratuities are not included.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by hearna

Thanks!
as one poster noted above me, Liv is probably the hottest place right now...

others to check out: Mansion, Wall, Mynt, Set, Mokai, Cameo

for Mansion and Cameo you can probably get free passes from the hotel.... but make sure you go early and 'look the part' to get in quick and easy.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by cool1g
as one poster noted above me, Liv is probably the hottest place right now...

others to check out: Mansion, Wall, Mynt, Set, Mokai, Cameo

for Mansion and Cameo you can probably get free passes from the hotel.... but make sure you go early and 'look the part' to get in quick and easy.
and looking the part would be what?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.